PDA

View Full Version : Flag Ceremony at MK

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Hi there everyone.
Does anyone know if two people can share the "honorary vet of the day" spot and help with the lowering of the flag at 5pm? Me and my father are wanting to do it. I am currently Active Duty army and he is retired We are both E7s for those who know what that is). I will have just returned from Iraq (yes im writing this post from there) and the day we want to do it is his birthday (Christmas Eve). I think it would be so cool to share this with him.

So does any one know? Can it be done? :confused:

TinkerbellT421
10-19-2008, 08:51 AM
OK let me try this again. I made a reply and then the computer shut down on me. I dont really know the answer to your questions. But here is a phone number that can 407-824-4321...I would assume thats something u might have to make a reservation for too...That phone number is the general info number. Hope this helps. It would be so cool if you can :cloud9:

ibrowse17
10-19-2008, 08:35 PM
That would be so cool for both of you if you can. As a USAF vet, I really like how they do the retreat ceremony at the MK. I have never been lucky enough to be able to do it myself, but hope that you can:thumbsup:

SFTrny
10-19-2008, 09:43 PM
My family thanks both of you for your service to our country. I hope you both have a wonderful vacation at WDW!

TheRustyScupper
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
1) You go to Town Hall and request in-person.
2) If there is an opening during your stay, you can do it.
3) There are lots of requests, so that is the reason for doing it in-person.
4) They also know you are there and haven'[t canceled your trip.
5) Good luck.