PDA

View Full Version : Hddr

Rosemickey68
10-19-2008, 12:35 AM
I noticed that you are to pay up front when you make an ADR. So if you are on the DDP does this still apply or do you just tell them you are on the DDP????

DizneyRox
10-19-2008, 06:13 AM
EVERYONE provides a credit card at the time of booking. If you are on the DDP, they don't charge it until you don't show up. If you are paying OOP, it is charged immediately, but everyone has to provide a CC as a way of holding the reservation.

PetefromRI
10-19-2008, 10:42 AM
I my sound stupid but how can they charge you for something you haven't bought yet.They have no idea of what you are going to order so how do they know what to charge?I know that at the Cali Grill there has some kind of charge if you don't show up.but I've never had to give out my CC info just for a regular T.S.restaurant.Is this something new?

EllieMae
10-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I think they do that at HDDR because it's a fixed price dinner. They may do it at the Luau too but I'm not sure. I only know about HDDR because we are going this year and had to pay up front, we are on the dining plan but payed out of pocket for this one so we could sit in Tier 1.

TFrauts
10-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes....it is a fixed price dinner!! THe only difference is in the pricing!! You will have to tell them if you want tier 1, 2 or 3!! 3 is the cheapest...you are farthest away from the stage!! We personally think it is well worth the extra to pay for tier1!! THey will charge your credit card immediately, but if you cancel witin the alloted time limit, they will credit your $$ back! THis year we had everyone paid for, but my brother found out he couldnt go!! I called and cancelled, and got my $$ credited back to my creditcard immediately!! If yo are on the DDP, you can only sit in tier 2 or 3!! THey will take your credit card, but wont charge it unless you dont show up!! Hope this helps!! Enjoy HDD!! ITs the best!!

TheRustyScupper
10-19-2008, 11:10 PM
1) If you are on DDP, they are not supposed to charge the card.
2) However, it does happen quite frequently.
3) When you get to the resort, ask the Concierge Desk to reverse the charge.
4) This is done when you pick up the tickets (up to 7-days in advance).

NOTE: Unfortunately, people do make mistakes. It is very easy to not hit the correct keys when making credit-card-hold ressies, and the card gets charged.

Insanity Clause
10-19-2008, 11:23 PM
I am on the DDP so I really hope they don't charge my card because I don't have anywhere near the money to pay up front for dinner for 7 for a week. That could be bad news!!!