PDA

View Full Version : Dog Halloween Costumes

Yellow_MM
10-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Hello,
I hope that I am posting this in the right forum. DW and I would like to find a halloween costume for our little Yorkie, Wrigley. He is the cutest little guy. Our DD, 2.5 yrs old, will be dressed as Minnie and we would like to try to find a Mickey or Pluto costume for him. If you have a source that I could try, please PM me. I know this is a little last minute, but I thought that I would try to find one. Thanks in advance for any assistance that you could give us.
Kevin

sisterdisco
10-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I am not sure the exact weight of a Yorkie, but I think that you might be able to get a toddler sized kids costume and "adapt" it for the dog.
We have a Havanese, that we put a Yankees outfit from "build a bear" on.
If you can sew, then you could make one and just make a spot for the tail and privates.

nls721
10-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry, don't have time to check online since I need to get to work, but Disney Store may have a Mickey costume. Just back from the World and looked for my chihuahua. They had full mickey costumes for her (maybe $25). Or, you could just buy ears or sorcer (sp?) hats. If not online, maybe if you called the main Disney shop in Epcot (I know I saw it there last) they might ship one to you. Good luck!

kakn7294
10-20-2008, 09:28 AM
DisneyShopping.com (http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10051&productId=1234546&langId=-1&categoryId=14692) has one on sale for $9.99. It comes in a small for dogs 6 - 12 lbs so it might still be a bit big for a Yorkie, depending on how big he is. If the link is not allowed and it gets removed, search under the Home & Collectibles section, then under Pets. I used to love dressing my dog to match my older DD. They have been Ariel (DD) and Flounder (dog), a horse (DD) and a cowgirl (dog), and Blue (DD), Magenta (niece), and Steve (dog) among others. My pup is too neurotic and old to trick-or-treat anymore so no more costumes for her but she used to love it.