PDA

View Full Version : MYW Ticket Question

sacandjac
10-18-2008, 09:03 PM
We will be arriving on 01/17/08 and staying thru 01/24/08. We got 7 day park hoppers, because we did not plan to go to the parks until our second day there giving us enough days to visit the parks through until our last day. Now I see that Mickey's Philharmagic will be going dark on the 18th so I want to take everyone there on the 17th. Now, I think everyone will be okay with not going to the parks on the last day, but my DS and I have reservations on the last day to do the segway tour around the WS. For this we will need park entry-so basically we will need an 8 day PH. Okay, sorry for the long story, here is the question, can he and I add a day to our tickets when we get there or is that something we need to do before we leave and everyone will need to do? Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help!

AwPhooey
10-18-2008, 09:23 PM
When you check in, just ask the Cast Member to upgrade your passes to eight days. You should only be charged the difference in price.

DizneyRox
10-18-2008, 09:24 PM
You can add it when you get there. Actually, once you get your tickets, each person can upgrade individually, so if someone doesn't need an 8 day ticket, they won't have to upgrade. And if someone wants to add no-expiration, they can. If you do it now, EVERYONE will need to get the same ticket.

For this reason, many just get a one day tickets and then do whatever they really need to do with it. Some upgrade to AP, some do whatever...

lighteningqueen
10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
When we checked in last Dec and paid for our tickets we thought they ahd charged us for 7 days. We got the DHS at the time and they said we didn't have any time left. We were livid we paid for it whats the deal. So my grandson was in tears we couldn't go in. I went to the window and asked the lady what would it cost for a days ticket, she said oh I don't think you can afford it. We were all thinking that it was like the 69.00 each for a one day ticket. She said can you do $9.00. Oh my the relief on our faces and my grandsons... Its just the days difference. 2.00 for each adult and 1 dollar for the child. What made us made is that the girl at checkin charged us for a water park day instead of the 7 days, It took forever for them to refigure at check out. So take it day by day if you want another day then just add it on at any window of the park your going to.

CleveRocks
10-18-2008, 10:26 PM
You can add to or upgrade a ticket any time within 14 days of that ticket's first use.

Adding an 8th day to a 7-day ticket will cost exactly $3 + tax per ticket.

You can do this any time after you check-in at your resort and receive the tickets. You can do it right there when you check-in if you want, but I advise you to wait 'til later ... you could possibly confuse the front desk clerk and wind up with something messed up somewhere.

At any time, take the tickets you want to upgrade to the front desk, OR you can do it at the Guest Relations window at any of the 4 theme parks OR a water park OR Downtown Disney.

So, like I said, you can do it at any time during your trip. If you wanted to, you could even do it on the last day, after you've completely exhausted the entitlements on the tickets.

sacandjac
10-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the great information. Exactly what I needed to know. No way I can miss Mickey's Philharmagic. Watching my 75 year old DM try to catch the jewels in that show is priceless and something I don't want to miss-she still talks about that show!