PDA

View Full Version : Everest

twosiamesecats
10-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I absolutely love Big Thunder Railroad, but I hated Space Mountain. I would never ride Rockin' Roller Coaster. Do you think that I would like Everest? Is it like Big Thunder Railroad? Thanks!

BigRedDad
10-18-2008, 05:58 PM
It is close to Space Mtn than it is BTMRR. It has one big drop. If you can handle that, then you are OK.

Donald
10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
You should be fine. It looks like a big 1st hill, but it is not. Definately along the lines of BTMRR.:mickey:

snerd475
10-18-2008, 06:42 PM
If you hated Space Mountain, I don't think you'll like Everest. Some of it is in total darkness, and that big hill may freak you out. My 10 yr old dd loves BTMRR and SM, but won't do EE.

paragon
10-18-2008, 07:37 PM
The roller coaster ride itself is not all that bad, however it is faster than Thunder Mountain, and it does go backwards into a spiral ( not a loop ) in complete darkness. I'm a bit of a rollercoaster fanatic, I love all of them. Rock & Roller Coaster is my favorite, but i had a bit of difficulty with Everest. I'm totally fine right up until we enter the darkness bakwards, thats when I have to close my eyes. This is the ONLY roller coaster ever to give me this feeling. But it IS a fun ride.

SBETigg
10-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I think you should try it. You never know until you try. It is much nicer than Rock n Roller Coaster and so much less jerky than Space Mountain. My daughter won't ride Rock n Roller again, but she loves Expedition: Everest.

lovetheprincesses
10-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I LOVE EE AND BTMRR, but HATE Space Mountain and Splash. I think you'll do great!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-18-2008, 10:23 PM
I did EE twice on the last trip. I thought at first that it wasn't too bad. And then we went backwards, in the dark! I started to close my eyes and that made it worse. The second time wasn't as bad because I knew what to expect but it's still much more intense that BTMRR. It's a smoother ride though. The only reason I went on it the second time is because I promised my nephew that I'd go on it with him.

zebradome17
10-19-2008, 08:43 AM
it looks quite scary from the outside but it's not really. I was a bit scared at first but i LOVED it:heart:.
Space Mountain tends to jolt you around much more. Everest is fairly smooth.

MickeysEars
10-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I like BTRR, I am ok with Space and have worried about EE. However, I did an internet search for a EE video and found a great one of someone in the front row so I could really see what the coaster was like. Not that bad. the entire begining is just getting you to the backwards part and once that is over the drop is a banked turn which is lesser that a straight drop. I think that I can do it. I have not done RRC and don't know if I will. So, maybe in March I will get up enough nerve to do it...:fingers:

Tinkerbella16
10-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I LOVE all the mountains in MK...they are awesome! I also love RnRC...just a little too short of a ride. I think you will like Everest...eventhough it is partly in the dark, I wouldn't compare it to Space Mt, it is such a smoother ride. You should at least try it out once...who knows, maybe you'll love it.

:mickey:

DizRunner
10-19-2008, 11:07 PM
I think with all WDW attractions, you've got to ride it once just to "experience" the ride. Then you can decide for yourself. Since you've said that you like BTMRR which is a roller-coaster, then you'll live through EE. I say try it at least once.

Imagineer1981
10-20-2008, 11:09 AM
try it, you'll never know. Just remember what my dad always said "Disney would never make anything that could hurt you"

disneychick62
10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
EVEREST!!!! the best attraction made by Disney yet!!!:mjump:

mainemajor
10-20-2008, 05:41 PM
EE is more intense than BTRR, but I think it is a smoother ride than either BTRR or Space Mt.
I think EE has the best queue of all the rides/attractions in Disney and by itself is worth the trip. When I have used fastpass on EE, I almost feel cheated out of part of the experience, almost.

#1donaldfan
10-21-2008, 10:27 AM
EE is a great ride, very smoothe, and sorta fast......I was kinda worried about the height, but it's not bad at all, really ..... I am scared of heights but have no problem with it....

....side note....our DS was really scared to ride Space M years ago and a CM asked him if he'd ridden BTMRR yet, he said yes and the CM told him they are almost identical in speed, turns, and configuration, that calmed him enough and he's rode 'em all......just a note...:thumbsup:

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Space Mtn and Rock-n-Roller are both inside and DARK. My guess is that's what you feel uncomfortable with. Everest has a PORTION that is in total darkness . . .but just a portion. I'd say give it a try and see what you think!!

Mackflava99
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM
it has the same restraints as Big Thunder- but does have one big drop but nothing crazy- its a terrific ride worth trying-

I think the restraints tell you how crazy it is and it doesnt have the over-the shoulder ones so i guess its not too crazy on the rollercoaster scale-

try it- you will love it

rmsongs
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I've never been a huge coaster fan, but I love every one at WDW, including E:E. It has the best queue in the parks, IMHO, and an amazing view from the top. You do go backwards and travel in darkness, but it's a lot of fun. I couldn't even tell whether we were going forward or backward in the darkness. My only criticism: It's too short. I would say it's closer (but not necessarily close) to BTMRR than it is to RnR or SM.

KylesMom
10-22-2008, 03:12 PM
As much as my family loves E:E, I'd be hesitant to say that it is comparable to BTMRR. On an intensity level, I'd say it is eons above what you get at BTMRR, Space Mountain or Splash Mountain, especially if you are sitting in the back of the coaster.

We've had some unhappy folks return from Disney to give us a piece of their minds about how absolutely TERRIFIED and sick they got after riding E:E here on the boards, so I've refrained from comparing it to anything!