PDA

View Full Version : Disney Pumpkins

TwinPrincesses
10-18-2008, 02:44 PM
My kids would all like to carve Disney designs on their pumpkins. I am having trouble finding some. Specifically one dd would like a stitch design. Does anyone know a good website?

Zippy 1
10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
We found Disney carving stencils for Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and the princesses at Michaels craft store. I did not see stitch.

Flower
10-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I just sent you a PM with a link to a Stitch that was carved into a pumpkin. The link gives a great bit of detail as to how they did at and they said it took them 5 hours to complete! Yikes!

The gist of the article was that they took a picture from a coloring book, photocopied it and blew up the image, taped it to the pumpkin. Using a thumb tack they poked holes along the image and into the pumpkin and then carved out the design using the tack marks as guidelines.

In the past I have used a Dremel tool to cut out our pumpkins - my pumpkins are always basic though and nowhere near as detailed as this guys!

michelLe x3
10-18-2008, 08:55 PM
I've seen Disney stencils for pumpkins @ party city but I can only remember Disney princess ones

cer
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Dremel Tool! What a great idea! I can't believe I never thought of that! DH will love it!

mouseketeer mom
10-22-2008, 07:23 AM
My husband is an amazing pumpkin carver/decorator. Last year we took a pic of a big Mickey pumpkin at the entrance of the MK. My husband recreated our own pumpkin just like it at home! Simply from the picture. This year, we brought home a perfectly round white pumpkin and my husband created a Jack Skellington head pumpkin out of it. Looks JUST like him!! (We used black perm. marker on this one, to make it look just like Jack) I love our Disney pumpkins.:mickey:

whymsycalwitch
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
sent you a PM

PittFan
10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
My kids would all like to carve Disney designs on their pumpkins. I am having trouble finding some. Specifically one dd would like a stitch design. Does anyone know a good website?

I'd also be interested in finding this. If anyone knows could they please PM me also. :mickey: