PDA

View Full Version : MK's TTA - Families greater than 4 BEWARE!!

Zawadi
10-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Just thought I'd bring the following to your attention if you are a family greater than 4 with young children.

We were riding the TTA and a family of 5 were behind us in the line. We entered a compartment, a boy approx. 7 years went in the next compartment and the rest of his family were in the compartment behind him.

All was well until the train left the loading area and the train split between the boy and his family.

The boy naturally became agitated and spent the whole ride looking back for his family and wanting to get off and wait for the other train that had his family onboard - especially in the areas that the train slows down.

We tried to reassure him that he was safe and told him that he must stay seated until it returned to the loading platform.

He looked very relieved when he was reunited with his family.

crazypoohbear
10-17-2008, 07:51 PM
that poor boy.
We had that happen a few years back but the person that got split off from us was driving us crazy and was being rude to my youngest son who was 9 at the time! So when we 5 got in one car and he got in the one behind us and it split off we had to bite our lips from laughing so hard!!!
But I feel bad for the little boy.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-17-2008, 09:40 PM
that totally stinks... I'll have to remember that next time we go as a big group... it isn't something I usually think about when we're getting on.

Tinkerbella16
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Everytime we go on this, I always make sure to look and find the front or end of a car. I never could until a few years ago...its a black magnet looking thing on each end of the trains. I would've felt so bad for the little boy...the family probably had no idea they were even in separate trains when they got on. Its odd that a CM on the platform didn't notice that though.

badkitty
10-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Each train also has a unique number and the compartments of each train are lettered A-E with A being the first car of the train.

Insanity Clause
10-18-2008, 12:37 AM
I will have to remember this. We will be traveling with five...in reality we are a family of seven..me, dh, dd, dd, ds, dd, dd but we will be leaving the two younger ones with my mom for this trip. My fear is that we go to get on something only to be split up in a way that would be distressful to the kids ages 10, 9,7

Zawadi
10-18-2008, 11:44 AM
that poor boy.
But I feel bad for the little boy.

For which reason - the boy being split from his family or for him being stuck with us? ;)

But, in the words of the MNSSHP "Boo-to-You" parade song, We really not so scary! :mickey:

jrpersinger
10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
This happened to us too! The adults got into one car and the kids (ages 8, 8, 6, & 6) got into another. We even told the lady to make sure we got on in the same car. We knew to look at the letters, we just assumed she would do it for us. We were boarding on one of those rare days where the lines was really long! My family and I have rode TTA a thousand times, but the family we were with had never. So when the kids took off in front of us, they all kind of freaked. Their son (6) started crying right away. We were yelling from car to car and the people in from of them calmed E down. By the time were got off of it, we were all laughing. I will never forget my friends face when he looked up with his mouth wide open and just pointed in shock, DH and I turned around to see the kids were gone and busted out laughing. It was probably one the highlights of our trip!

trackbarroness
10-19-2008, 06:04 AM
We actually do tell guests which cars to start loading into. Then part of their group gets into E and the rest get into A, so I tell at one of the adults to say "see you in 10 minutes". And to enjoy the peace and queit(sp) for the next 10 minutes. :D
The boy was probably not paying attention to what the CM told his family/party/group at the time of boarding. Because this sort of thing happens all the time. Also families coming up to the TTA expecting it to be a way up to Astro Orbitor. :D

EPCOTExplorer
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Yikes!

That stinks.:(

Imagineer1981
10-20-2008, 11:57 AM
For which reason - the boy being split from his family or for him being stuck with us? ;)

But, in the words of the MNSSHP "Boo-to-You" parade song, We really not so scary! :mickey:

My question is why would the parents make the child ride by himself...i would never allow my child to be alone like that...go 3 and 2 and that way the kids are watched.

trackbarroness
10-21-2008, 06:01 AM
They wouldn't, it just ends up they actually entered cars of 2 seperate trains.
And that would be a great idea, if the 2 cars are of the same train. :D
When you look at the trains at the TTA station the cars look like their attached like on Spaceship Earth, once they have entered the cars and they leave the station only then do they realize that their in 2 seperate trains. It's only 10 minutes of seperation that's all. No worries, right?

thrillme
10-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I guess it all depends on the child. Some can handle the separation better than others.