PDA

View Full Version : animal kingdom EMH..how is it in January??

threeh
10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I just realized that the EMH are in the evening one night when we are there. I've been to other parks EMH but never DAK. Any info is appreciated!!!

badkitty
10-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I think it is really cool walking around the "jungle" in the dark. The safari and animal trails are closed but most of the rides are open. EE is awesome at night! There is usually one FOTLK show.

WDWdriver
10-17-2008, 02:13 PM
The park is beautiful at night, and the lighting at Expedition Everest is great. Riding EE and Kali is a completely different experience in the dark.

In January you can expect zero waiting time for the rides. You will feel like you have the park to yourself.

Aggie97
10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
We attended evening EMH at DAK in late January. It was fantastic! Crowds were extremely low, and the park was so pretty at night. In the first hour, we rode EE repeatedly until our brains were completely rattled (truly -- we had terrible headaches! :blush:). Do try to sit in the front car of the train on EE if you can -- the nighttime view of WDW property from there was just beautiful. Have a great time! :mickey:

PeterPan
10-17-2008, 10:53 PM
We love AK anyway - but seeing it at night is just SPECTACULAR! I agree with everyone else - this is the easiest park to navigate during EMH. You can do everything, and do it over and over. YOU WILL LOVE IT.

threeh
10-18-2008, 01:23 PM
now I am sooooo excited!! Thanks all!!!:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
by the way, Kali at night in Jan is going to be COLLLLD...bring clothes or a blanket or something to change into afterwards or you'll be freezing dripping wet

Aggie97
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
by the way, Kali at night in Jan is going to be COLLLLD...bring clothes or a blanket or something to change into afterwards or you'll be freezing dripping wet

Also consider riding it last, right before you head back to your resort and can easily change clothes and dry hair. We've done this with Splash Mountain at that time of year, too. :mickey:

mainemajor
10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
We have not taken much advantage of EMH in the past, but now I'm excited to visit AK in January and experience what sounds like a fantastic place after dark :D

threeh
10-21-2008, 02:58 PM
We have not taken much advantage of EMH in the past, but now I'm excited to visit AK in January and experience what sounds like a fantastic place after dark :D

We never did EMH until we started going in the winter. Last Feb the Mk had EMH that ran from 11pm-2am and it was like we had the park to ourselves. I have a picture of my kids in fromt of the caatle and no one is around. Same thing for EPCOT. Unbelievable:secret:
Looking forward to DAK as well!!!