PDA

View Full Version : halloween costume

handmaidenofprincesses
10-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi everybody!

I need your help!! I'm taking my 6 year old niece trick or treating on Halloween and she wants me to dress up, but I don't know what to be! I was going to be CInderella again, but my costume got shredded in the washing machine :mad: Help!!

My only rules are 1)cheap (I'm a poor college student lol) 2)simple and 3) warm (we live in New England and it's usually in the low fifties to mid/low forties on Halloween night)

thanks in advance!!:mpumpkin:

Beast_fanatic
10-16-2008, 10:48 PM
When I was a poor college student, I went as a scarecrow one year. I took a pair of my jeans and loosely sewed some "patches" onto them, rolled up the legs a little (so you could see my colorful socks), and used masking tape to secure some "straw" (which was actually dried grass, probably weeds) to the tops of my socks (they were knee-high) so that neither the straw nor the tape touched my skin. For the top, I wore an old flannel shirt with some more patches sewn loosely onto it. And, I got a straw hat. I think that I also wore some make-up to try to look paler than my normal self, and used some make-up to add some lines to my face. I also wore some gloves, and I tapes some additional straw coming out my sleeves. You could add a layer of thermal underwear, and wear old boots or mismatched shoes instead of the socks.

I think that all that I spent any money on was the material for the patch (and I got some that was patchwork, so it looked mismatched), and the hat.