PDA

View Full Version : Disney Mania Question #19

KAT1811
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Now that I have found out that I am having a son in March and venturing into the land of blue (after living in a world of pink with 3 DDs) I decided to gear this question a bit towards the boys visiting Walt Disney World.

Would you like to see some character meals that are geared towards boys in WDW? If so what are some of the ideas you would give the Disney imagineers if they were asking for your input?

Kairi_7378
10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
I am of two minds on this. On one hand, it would be nice to see something "boy-ish" to balance out the 3 princess meals that are available. (If you count 1900 Park Faire as a princess meal, that one is debatable since you have Cindy but the Mad Hatter as well...)

But when I try to come up with "boy" characters, it is really hard. Buzz and Woody come to mind, as do some of the villains. But really, aren't Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Chip, and Dale pretty boyish? We already have them at a few meals.

But... it is a shame that they are eliminating some of the character interaction at Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill. It would be nice to see Disney replacing these popular meals with something new. Not that I am a character meal fan but I know that many people are. I'm afraid that the existing meals may become even harder to get into!

PS. Congratulations on the DS!!! Are your daughters excited about getting a baby brother? Is your DH over the moon? There are lots of cute Disney outfits for little boys, and now you'll have a chance to buy them for someone!

KylesMom
10-16-2008, 04:21 PM
We've been discussing this for several years around here, and many great ideas have been thrown out. Let's see if I can remember some of them . . .

What about a Disney Heroes meal featuring Aladdin, Hercules, Peter Pan and other strong "face characters" from Disney stories . . .

Star Wars characters would sure fit good at DHS . . .

Since the Power Rangers characters are owned by Disney, why not a Power Rangers meal - so that the kids can meet all of the rangers and not just one or two on the Streets of America?

Although not just for boys, a Disney Villains character meal would be right up my DS & DH's alley . . .

Congrats on the upcoming birth of your son!

tracibell
10-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I agree with the other posts. A Disney Heroes meal would be wonderful. My nephew loves Peter Pan. We ended up taking him to Chef Mickey's which he really enjoyed. However, when he met Peter Pan at our Magical Gathering Cruise he was in Heaven! :peter:

A Pixar meal would be great too! The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Wall-E, Finding Nemo... all of these are great characters for both boys and girls. :nemo:

I bet a lot of people would really enjoy a Villians meal. There are such an assortment of male and female villains that both genders would have a great time. :malef:

TinkerbellT421
10-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Great idea for a question! Never really thought about it till you asked and now that you did it struck me...you are right! I think kylesMom's idea is a great one for "boy-ish" type meals...thoguh I wouldnt mind going myself :blush: lol

Cinderelley
10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
They need a Princes meal. I would love to meet Prince Phillip.
What about Robin Hood?
Pirates?

SBETigg
10-16-2008, 08:01 PM
My kids are teens, so I am into less character meals, not more, but I'm glad they're there for the families. My son probably would have liked a dinosaur breakfast, but pirates would have done in a pinch.

Congratulations! You'll be amazed at how different the little blue bundles can be from the pink ones, almost right away, too. Best wishes.

Polynesian Dweller
10-16-2008, 08:19 PM
First, congratulations. That's great news.

I answered the question of not wanting more character dinners, though I don't really mean things are ok either. I'm kind of conflicted here.

First, I have commented a number of times to my DW that I don't know if I would have developed the same affection for Disney if there was as little attention to boys as there is now. I definitely think that they need more things for them as well. Its great that Disney pays as much attention to the princesses but they need to do so for the princes as well.

So, I think that some of the current dinners might be changed to be more boy oriented. But I don't like even more places becoming character oriented. Not everyone wants that level of interaction when eating and its getting harder to dine at Disney without it.

KAT1811
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
PS. Congratulations on the DS!!! Are your daughters excited about getting a baby brother? Is your DH over the moon? There are lots of cute Disney outfits for little boys, and now you'll have a chance to buy them for someone!

Congrats on the upcoming birth of your son!

Congratulations! You'll be amazed at how different the little blue bundles can be from the pink ones, almost right away, too. Best wishes.

First, congratulations. That's great news.

Thank you all SO much for all of the well wishes. Yes, DH is over the moon and I'm not sure he is coming back down anytime soon! LOL! The girls are all very excited too!!! I think we are all in shock around here. We never thought we would have a boy so it still seems so surreal. I can't wait to start buying boy clothes! I'm so used to pink I'm not sure I am going to know what to do!!! Thank you again I couldn't wait to share our fabulous news with all of you here!

Mad About Mickey
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
:congrats: bless you all, what wonderful news!

I don't know if they have to be totally boy related but it would be nice to have more meals with other characters. It seems Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Chip & Dale are somewhat over represented. It would be nice to have some of those meals replaced with different characters, how about the cast of Pinnocio, Peter Pan, Jungle Book, etc... They could be changed out every so often and rotated between different restaurants. This way you could experience different meals as well as characters. It would also allow those who are not looking for a character experience a chance to try some of these character meal restaurants for a change.

DDuck66
10-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Congratulations!!!! I know you are excited by the responses. All I have to say is BRING BACK THE VILLAINS DINNER. That was our alltime favorite.

Mackflava99
10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
There was a Villians dinner?

I'd love that- so would my kids !!!

KAT1811
10-18-2008, 09:28 PM
There was a Villians dinner?

I'd love that- so would my kids !!!

There used to be a villians dinner at 1900 Park Fare before they changed the character to Cinderella and friends. We too loved the villians dinner and were very disappointed that they changed the lineup.

Thank you again for all the well wishes!!! We are still on :cloud9:!!!

badkitty
10-18-2008, 09:37 PM
A villian meal would be fun!

Madame Leona
10-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Congratulations. I'm swimming in the sea of blue (2 ds) and I love every minute of it. I would like to see a few more character meals that fall into the unisex catagory. I do feel that Disney has gotten a little to girl oriented. I'm not saying I would like to see the girly things go away, I would just like boys to have the same opportunities.