PDA

View Full Version : Trails End Restaurant ???

MarkC
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Can anyone who has eaten this buffet give me a review? I made our resort reservations for next August and the cast member asked me about restaurants. She mentioned Trails End was one of her favorites. As I have two teenage boys the menu looks great for them. If anyone has a review I would appreciate it. Thanks, Mark

c&d
10-16-2008, 12:57 PM
We've eaten there several times now and have always enjoyed it. DS absolutely loves the corn bread. The chicken was good and when we last ate there the salmon was also good.

What we found we liked about it was that it doesn't seem as crowded and noisy as other buffets we've eaten at.

LoriSan
10-16-2008, 01:06 PM
I ate there last month. It was recommended to me by a CM. She said that it is actually the same exact food as the Hoop Dee Doo Review, they share a kitchen. I thought it was really good, just the resturant is a PITA to get to.

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
We were pleasantly surprised with Trails end-

First the soup was very good- they had a few varieties,
And they had a great selections of muffins-

For main course- they had ribs, chicken (very good) roast beef 9 very tasty- and mac n cheese-

They had 2-3 cobblers for dessert , they were excellent-

Overall i really liked it- my only dig was the service was a little poor ( getting drinks etc) but overall i give it a high ranking.

Seasonscraps
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I went there for breakfast once. I didn't think it was worth the effort to get there and back. The food was ok, the service wasn't bad but it took a long time to get our check and get out of there (there were maybe 5 other tables taken in the whole place) and the whole bus to a bus thing is just another reason to scratch it off my list for future visits.

lighteningqueen
10-16-2008, 03:08 PM
If you really like very bland food then this is the place for you. Personally all 5 of us agreed it is not worth wasting a credit on. If you feel sick and need hospital food with no seasoning then this will work for you. But if you are on the plan there are far more places to go. You ahve to go over to the park though it has a nice play ground right there and is a great looking park.

TheRustyScupper
10-16-2008, 03:51 PM
1) Trails End is good for Breakfast and Dinner.
2) it is probably the best deal on property.
3) With that said, don't do it for lunch.
4) The food is good, but the value is gone. *

* Two months ago, Trails End cut down the offerings at lunch, but did not adjust the price accordingly.

DizneyRox
10-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Trails End just hit my must do list for eateries a couple trips ago. We do it for dinner and tie it into a day at MK if we end up going to MK.

It's an out of the way eatery and the price reflects that. Food is decent, service has alway been pretty good as well. Very good value IMHO.

A Big Kid
10-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Its ok. Not much more than that. I heard all the rave reviews and just "had" to go. I left feeling that I was missing something.

Dont get me wrong. It was not bad, it just did not live up to the hype.

MarkC
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for everyone's response. Given the fact that we normally rent a car so we can drive there (instead of taking multiple busses), and that I have two teenage boys (19 and 16)who tend to like to eat at times, I think we're going to give it a try. I realize it is not going to Chef's de France or anything like that, but it should satisfy our tastes. Thanks again. Mark

Seasonscraps
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
FYI - you'll still need to take a bus from their internal depot to the restaurant.

Enjoy!!

DizneyRox
10-17-2008, 03:28 PM
FYI - you'll still need to take a bus from their internal depot to the restaurant.

Enjoy!!Correct, you can't drive anywhere really at Fort Wilderness, except into the parking lot.

My favorite way to get there is to bus to MK, walk to the Contemporary, go right out the back and take a boat over to Fort Wilderness.

jennsky
10-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I think the food there is great! We've always had a great meal when we've gone. Service has been wonderful and it's my kind of food!

mdhiggin
10-17-2008, 10:25 PM
There is a boat launch from MK as well that goes directly to that side of FW.