PDA

View Full Version : Exercising at Pop???

pugslave
10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Okay, my friend will be staying at Pop Century in December, and is an exercise freak. She is the type of person who HAS to get up and exercise in the morning, or she feels miserable throughout the day. Because I cannot relate to this at all, I am hoping there are some other crazies (:crazy:)that need to exercise, and can offer some suggestions on what you do while staying at Pop. Thanks!!

DDuck66
10-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Not sure what type of exercise your friend does, but early mornings are a great time for a jog around the resort. There are not a lot of people out and about until 7:00 to 8:00. There is not an exercise/gym exept at the Deluxe Resorts. Of course there is also the big pool if you are there early or late. During the day it is mobbed and you cannot really swim laps.

pugslave
10-16-2008, 10:52 AM
She jogs, lifts weights, and does kick boxing, but she is open to anything to get her burn calories. Early morning exercise works best. Thanks!

Strmchsr
10-16-2008, 11:11 AM
There's a really nice path that goes around the resort, especially when it goes right past the lake. It's great for a morning jog. Other than that, though, the pools would be about all you can do.

BrerGnat
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
She can jog around the paths all over the resort, or around the entire resort's perimeter. Just tell her to be sure to be vigilant, especially early morning if she is alone.

Another thing she can do if she can be a "lightfoot" about it is run up and down the stairwells in the buildings. I did that while staying at AS Music and Movies back in my college days. There are some people who CANNOT do this without making a complete racket, but I promise, when I did it, I was silent. :secret: If she is an accomplished athlete, she will know how to run up and down stairs rather quietly, on her toes. This is an EXCELLENT way to work out sans gym at the value resorts.

In addition, there is a nice playground at the Pop. I think it has monkey bars, or at the very least, something she can hang from to do pull ups, bar dips, and she can use the various parts of the play structure to do lunges, push ups, etc.

DizneyRox
10-16-2008, 11:51 AM
She jogs, lifts weights, and does kick boxing, but she is open to anything to get her burn calories. Early morning exercise works best. Thanks!
Dealing with the hoards of people at the values may be enough exercise... The kick boxing could come in handy! :D

pugslave
10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Dealing with the hoards of people at the values may be enough exercise... The kick boxing could come in handy! :D

Too Funny!! buy how true :thedolls:

Bethanymouse
10-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I was in the same boat as your friend for our August trip, after just recently starting exercising I find that I cant go for long without it. Keeping that in mind, the disney trip itself was plenty of excersize! I think she will end up finding out that walking through the parks does work out a lot of your body during the day. However, if that is still not enough then I would suggest a jog around the resort. It certainly is large enough, and the view is beautiful overlooking the lake!

Daisy712
10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
My cousin and I walked/jogged 5 miles around the paths of POP Century during our last visit. She got onto a web site where she could find a map of POP and actually mark the course. If your friend is looking for distance, this could work. It was a great course:high5:!