PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Fortune auditions

the other micki
10-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Has anyone ever done the Wheelmobile auditions and then get called back for the final auditions? I was able to participate on stage at the preliminary auditions this past weekend and I'm just wondering how long it takes to get word back on whether you've been chosen to move on.

Thanks!

tinklover
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Back in the 80s my dad went to audition for Wheel of Fortune as they toured with Family Fued. he opted out of WoF and signed my family (http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/Family%20Fued/) up for Family Fued and they got on the show. I am sorry i could not be of more help as far as how long it takes to get back to ya but here is some Pixie dust for you and hopefully a speedy call back:pixie:

SBETigg
10-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I have no idea, but how neat! That sounds like fun. Best wishes with it.

the other micki
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Back in the 80s my dad went to audition for Wheel of Fortune as they toured with Family Fued. he opted out of WoF and signed my family (http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/Family%20Fued/) up for Family Fued and they got on the show. I am sorry i could not be of more help as far as how long it takes to get back to ya but here is some Pixie dust for you and hopefully a speedy call back:pixie:

Wow! Family Feud...that's another one of my favorites! Fun experience, I bet! Thanks to Tinklover and SBETigg for the good wishes!

alphamommy
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
I can't tell you about "Wheel", but I was on "Jeopardy!" in 1999.

I took the test at a Detroit contestant search in June, 1998, and made it through the first two rounds of testing (written test, followed by a mock game with others who passed the written test). They told us that the ones who made it through the mock game (they didn't tell us how we did) would be eligible for the show for the next year. They said that not everyone who played at the search would be called, and not everyone who did well would be called.

I got called in February, 1999, to be a contestant on the show. We went to California in March, 1999, for taping, and my show aired in June, 1999. I came in third, but won a $2300 gas grill, so it wasn't so bad.

One guy that I met when I was there said that he'd passed the test 3 times before he actually got called to do the show.

Bottom line, nine years ago, it could be up to a year before you got to be on the show, if at all.

Good luck!! :pixie:

Sunshine1010
10-16-2008, 02:51 PM
A friend of mine won big on Wheel of Fortune.....about 3 years ago. I think it took like 2 months.