PDA

View Full Version : Walk ups

Harkleroad
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
We are going to be in WDW during the Thanksgiving holiday. We know that it is going to be really crowded but we are aware of that going in. I have ressies for our dinners but have one extra TS and would like a breakfast or maybe a lunch. I have been calling hoping for a cancellation and have had no luck so far anywhere and I mean anywhere. Today when I asked about walkups since we will have a meal leftover I was told not to bother that the restaurant would not be able to accommodate us (2 adults 1 toddler). I even asked about families that show up one day and decide to dine and was told that they should call for ressies too. (Sorry I'm getting long winded). Anyway I knew we would have to wait but to be told not to bother that basically it wasn't going to happen. Is there absolutely no chance of a breakfast during Thanksgiving or was the CM just being negative? Does anyone have a suggestion of what to do as not to waste a TS meal? Thanks.

faline
10-15-2008, 08:58 PM
A couple of years back, we went on a last minute weekend trip during a rather busy time of year. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we were able to get walk-up dining for lunch at both Liberty Tree Tavern and Le Cellier. If you want to do a walk-up, I'd suggest arriving at restaurant opening or a little before official opening.

Call Disney dining after you arrive and ask about cancellations. If you're in a park, go to the Guest Services area and ask about same day dining reservations. Try a less popular restaurant such as the Grand Floridian Cafe. On or last trip, we canceled at least two dining reservations we had made in advance so it's very possible you will fnd a cancellation at a very popular restaurant if you're lucky!

Duchess99
10-15-2008, 09:31 PM
I would think you would have a fair shot with walking up to a restaurant. A lot of people make reservations and have a change of plans or make multiple reservations for one night to have a few choices. I would plan to walk up to a place where there are numerous TS restaurants, say WS or the Boardwalk, so if one isn't available you don't have to go far for another.

tinksmom02
10-15-2008, 10:21 PM
I've never tried to do a walkup, but I echo what others have said: try Guest Relations in the park, or call from your room.

If you are going to try a walk up, I would think you'd have a better shot if you were there right when the restaurant opened.

Good luck!