PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan for counter service only

Tinkerbellaella
10-15-2008, 07:17 PM
We are in the planning and hoping:fingers: stage for another trip in 2010. When we went last time we did the dining plan and LOVED it. We noticed this time there is a step below the plan we had and it offers 2 counter services and a snack credit. Any information on this? Is it offered this year? What does everyone feel about the value of this?

Tinkerbellaella
10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Oops, I meant we are planning for 2009:blush:

Tinkerbellaella
10-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Anyone have any information on this??

TheDuckRocks
10-18-2008, 08:06 AM
I think the reason that you have not gotten any replies to this question is that the new DDP CS only plan starts in 2009 and nobody has any experience with it yet.
I believe the cost for the CS DDP is $29.99 per person per night of your stay and each person will receive 2 CS meals and 2 snack credits per night and one refillable resort mug per person per stay.
Hope this helps you.

floogen6
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
We are heading back as well in '09 and I am in the planning stage now we went during free dining the last time and had an enormous amount of credits left over. I think that the CS might be better for us this time around.

PetefromRI
10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
I think that TheDuckRocks is correct.You will get 2 CS credits and 2 snack credits each day plus 1 refillable resort mug per guest.It sounds like a pretty good option for us.

WDWFanatic
10-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I'll be anxious to hear what people think of this plan also. We did the old style dining plan and found it to be just too much food for our family of four. Now that my youngest will be 11 on our next trip it will be 4 adult meals and sometimes he'll still want a kids meal.

Does anyone know where we can find the pricing?

TheDuckRocks
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM
OK, here's what I found about 2009 on another website:
Prices are per person per night.
Quick Service DDP is $29.99 for adults (over 9 years) and $8.99 for children (3 to 9).
Regular DDP is $39.99 for adults and $10.99 for children.
Deluxe DDP is $69.99 for adults and $19.99 for children.
Hope this helps.:mickey:

BrerGnat
10-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Doing the math, I don't see how this dining plan saves ANY money for adults. For kids, yes. But, a CS meal averages about $10-12, right? So, for 2, that's like $20, and the snacks are LESS than $5 each, so in reality that works out to about $30 per day. Counting in the refillable mug, I'd say it about breaks even if you stay a week. I don't really see the value in that plan. Like I said, for kids it's a bargain, but not for adults.

Tinkerbellaella
10-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Does anyone know if the CS includes a desert? Otherwise I agree that it isn't much of a bargain. I like the fact that it is all paid for prior to the trip and you don't need to carry cash or worry about the credit card total.

TheDuckRocks
10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes, the CS meal includes a dessert.

Johnno52
10-24-2008, 09:02 PM
The plan is very close to OOP cost however the plan can come out slightly ahead as drinks are available with meals when at the parks which can add another $5 per day (x2). We take bottled water with ours when at the resorts for use while we are at the parks. The snacks we use to buy our morning breakfast fruit and pastry. We are not happy with the DDP for many reasons but this option seems right for us.

magicofdisney
10-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Doing the math, I don't see how this dining plan saves ANY money for adults. For kids, yes. But, a CS meal averages about $10-12, right? So, for 2, that's like $20, and the snacks are LESS than $5 each, so in reality that works out to about $30 per day. Counting in the refillable mug, I'd say it about breaks even if you stay a week. I don't really see the value in that plan. Like I said, for kids it's a bargain, but not for adults.
I totally agree. If the plan were $5 less for adults, I'd go for it in a heartbeat.