PDA

View Full Version : Un-Ethical Guest at WDW....

EpcotChic23
10-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Unfortuantly they do exsist in the Happiest place on earth. My family is down there and I got a call that my brother lost his wallet. Long story short they evntually found his wallet in the garbage at the Pop Century Resort (note my family is staying at the Contemporary). With his money and CC stolen. Luckly his ID is in the wallet so he can get on a plane tomorrow to come home. Money and CC can get replaced so they are happy the important stuff was still in there. I guess sometimes you can't avoide reality down there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm so sorry that happened!

Unfortunately the "bad guys" are everywhere, even at the Happiest Place on Earth :(

Marci
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Yep, they are. I left my camera on a table at Old Port Royale by accident. Called about an hour later when I realized, and put in a claim. No one ever turned it back in.

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Last week we saw a guest hopping over barriers and not respecting cast members's requests to get back. Cast member actually had to yell at the guy. We've never seen anyone be that disrespectful at WDW.

Very disappointing that he chose to act that way.

luvdiznee
10-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I lost a 14k diamond hoop earring. The clip is usually strong, but I must have been so excited when changing. Anyway, I reported it that day, because I called from the park as soon as I realized it was gone. Nothing yet. :(

Sunshine1010
10-15-2008, 11:34 AM
'Bad' people are everywhere. WDW is no exception.

But - to put a flip on the wallet incident ------- I got on a bus at WDW last week and someone had left their wallet in a seat. A man picked it up and turned it into the driver immediately.

I even left a whole bag of stuff on a bus once --- it was returned.

Also lost a Pal Mickey TWICE - both times someone turned it in.

Sorry your family member had to deal with that. What a horrible way to be on vacation.

Polynesian Dweller
10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Yep, you have to watch yourself regardless of where you are. However, it doesn't have to have been a guest. It could be just some 'bad guy' lurking around looking for opportunities. Tourists are great targets for pickpockets and petty thieves and they are around, even at WDW.

Ian
10-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I once accidentally left my camera bag on a Fastpass machine outside Peter Pan.

It never showed up. But honestly, I'm not sure how much is guests and how much is Cast, because one time I lost a backpack in the Haunted Mansion (don't ask) and they claimed they never found it.

Now can someone tell me how a backpack could disappear inside a ride???

biodtl
10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
It does happen that unethical people show up at WDW, but there is a lot of good ones, too. I put my stuff in my locker and left the key in it. It wasn't until hours later when i went to get some things out that I realized I didn't have the key. Turns out, someone alerted the locker rental desk that there was a full locker with the key in it and my stuff was sent to Lost and Found and I got every bit back.

I found several lost thing during our trip (nothing particularly valuable, but things like blankets and stuff that kids might be sad to lose) and returned them to a CM.

tinksmom02
10-16-2008, 10:04 PM
So sorry that happened to your brother, but at least he got his ID back so he could fly.

Someone left their KTTW card on the lifeguard stand at the pool at POFQ...I turned it in to the concierge because I was afraid it had charging privileges (which it did).

I just do things that I would hope people would do for me, if the situation was reversed.

kemps@wdw
10-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your brothers loss.:( I know how he feels. We had our laptop stolen out of our luggage, @ the WL in the luggage storage area by an employee in 06. Was pretty well blown off by everyone we spoke to. Even discouraged from calling local police and filing a report (which we did anyway). As of this post, still no laptop. Now, I understand the concept of "not responsible for lost or stolen items", but from a supposedly "secure" area by an employee? :angry: At the very least, they should have acted somewhat concerned, instead of just...well...do the letters S-O-L mean anything to you!

Sunshine1010
10-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Whoa...you never got your laptop back? That's just 'not right'...

mouseketeer mom
10-18-2008, 09:10 AM
My DH left his backpack with two walkie talkies attached in the lounge of the Poly. It wasn't until we were about to board the monorail that he realized he left it behind. He hurried back to the lounge, backpack was there, walkie talkies were not.:( This happened all in a course of 10 mins. Sad. We put in a claim, but never got them back.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I think if people were going to pocket something they found, they would do it whether they were at WDW or out in the real world. A zebra won't change it's stripes just because it's at WDW. I'm sorry for the loss but the good thing was he could still fly home!

EpcotChic23
10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Cast members in WDW told my parents that most of their guest are very honest and it is very rare when someone does not turn things in. They said that exact day they reported my borthers wallet missing, 2 other wallets were found and handed into the front desk of the CR. But like you all said it happends everywhere it is just a shame it happends on vacation kind of puts a damper on everything.

Sunshine1010
10-21-2008, 12:57 AM
I once left a 'girl wallet' on the front desk of the SSR check in desk. It had all the ID's, credit cards, debit cards, etc.....AND 600.00 cash. When I noticed it was gone, I called the desk and they HAD IT. I actually cried when I went there and thanked them profusely! A cast member (at the desk) found it.

mainemajor
10-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Several years ago my DS set his wallet down and it went missing, never to be seen again. It was day 1 of our trip and he had his own hard earned money in there.:mad: It ruined the next several hours, but we made the best of it. This way he got to get his choice of a new wallet from Disney. We made sure money magiclly appeared each night.
On a brighter side a few years later we left several packages on Buzz. This time a nice person or a nice CM set the packages aside and we recovered our stuff - so there are good people out there, too.:thumbsup:

Tinksalot
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
We were in Magic Kingdom one time when we saw "cast members" chasing a guy that had apparently stolen something from one of the stores. Unfortunately these things happen everywhere.:(

pink
10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
We were in Magic Kingdom one time when we saw "cast members" chasing a guy that had apparently stolen something from one of the stores. Unfortunately these things happen everywhere.

Even just seeing people do things like that and it's not even happening to you puts a damper on the vacation. It's just like why do people have to do things like that in Disney World. :(