PDA

View Full Version : How Many of You Decorate Your House All Things Mickey °

goofysbabe
10-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Just browsing on Disneystore.com - looking at all the cool things and thought to myself how many people decorate their homes all things Mickey (or Donald, Goofy, etc.) I don't my home was built in 1914 and we are refurbishing it, so I'm sticking with that era. I have thought about doing one of my bathrooms all things Mickey. I have a friend who has done one of her bathrooms & a bedroom and they are cute, cute, cute!!!!

So let me hear from ya & hey how bout posting some pics of your all things Mickey decore - I'd love to see it!

Ghost * Hostess
10-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Well, lets see, almost every room in my home with the exception of the bathrooms have Disney things. We have some pretty big things because my dh is a nut! He went to an auction in the city years ago and bought a 4 foot Mickey which there were only 2 made, one for Disney World and the other was for Disneyland. DH and another man were bidding on this same piece (the glass and wood case it came in itself is a piece of furniture). We have two wall units full of different figures ranging in sizes and one in the dining room just with Disney Lenox pieces (my favorites). Two years ago we bought the Sorceer and the bucket and broom really big figures but they are still in the basement. Don't even know where to put them. Have another very big figure at the top of the landing on the third floor by dd room. DD room is all Tinkerbell and Faries. Big fig in bedroom (Mickey & Minnie) a few in the living room (Mickey and Scrooge MCDuck). The Bride from the Haunted Mansion, the Fab Five in front of the fireplace. Even the yard has Disney statues, and a Mickey head (My DH made, really cool) in the gazabo hanging over the table, (already put away for winter). Maybe I will post some Pix later . I think everywhere I look there is something from Disney. Makes for a happy home!:mickey:

vicster
10-15-2008, 09:38 AM
My powder room is all Disney. I made a stencil of Mickey's ears and did a border. All Disney pics in the family room and our Christmas tree only has Disney ornaments and the monorail instead of a train.

Marci
10-15-2008, 11:01 AM
My bathroom is Mickey too. It was all the classic mickey stuff they had on disneystore.com and I got everything on clearance. I also have a book shelf of my Dopey collection.

Aggie97
10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Just our game room is decorated in "Disney": on the walls are reproductions of vintage DL ride posters (matted in different colors and framed in black); my pin collection is displayed in a few flat cases; a tall black bookcase holds different figurines and snow globes, as well as a framed photo from each of our Disney trips; and we also have a Mickey head clock. :mickey:

Momof2boys
10-15-2008, 03:55 PM
We just built a house and are decorating the boys' TV room in all things Disney. I'll post some pics once we get it completed :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Right now, I am in an apartment but my love for the Mouse has strong competition for the love of anime.

But I plan to get (in addition to everything else): Disney bedsheets, pillows, rug places, plates, cups, utensils, more fine art, statues, lamps, plus, etc.

Also, I want to paint murals on the walls, complete with hidden Mickeys and have each room themed - like Nemo or Mermaid for the bathrooms, Pirates or Alice in Wonderland for bedroom. It'll be cool.....once I can afford a house.

TinkerbellT421
10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Well right now I dont have walls decorated all disney just yet lol...but between me and dbf and my house and his apartment....theres a lot of disney stuff everywhere...and planning on it getting bigger and better...and now I have access to something I recently started selling as my second job and couldnt believe all the disney stuff they have! Snowglobes, collectibles, watches you name it....if anyone is interested in seeing it PM me...I dont want to post that info and go against intercot rules :(
But I have tons and tons of collectibs and framed pictures of our vacations...scrapbooks...keychains....stuffed animals....lol....I keep getting more!??! lol

Disney Doll
10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
We recently moved and decorated the play room in Disney. Nothing over the top, just a few framed prints and some Disney storage bins for toys. It's cute and colorful.

Boojum
10-16-2008, 01:02 PM
My kitchen is badly in need of a makeover, anyway. After we visited the Disney Home Store in Downtown Disney, I realized that it's very possible to make almost everything in my kitchen Disney! My older DD and I have been figuring out a way to use the basic white-black-yellow-red Mickey Mouse colors in there. The only thing we're having trouble deciding is what to do with the oak cabinets. I can't afford to replace them.

We have a basement playroom that is done completely in Buzz Lightyear--my DH found that particular Disney paint collection and fell in love with it. It's cute!

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 01:28 PM
not entirely mickey, but Disney is represented very well...
A painting, a few figurines, a sink drainer, pot holders, coffee table book, frames etc- pretty much every room has at least one thing. My twins' room is chock full of Disney stuff-
Plus i got something on mouse surplus so we have a piece of beach club furniture :)

kemps@wdw
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I have a little "Disney" in each room in my home. Ceramic statues in the kitchen,(DH buys a new one each trip), park posters, in the family room, dated frames w/photos in every room, and a shelf w/assorted Disney memorabilia, collected from each journey. But my DD's bathroom is the coolest. Paintable wall paper in the "Mickey Mouse" pants color (that is the actual name of the color), Mickey lamp shade, mini-glass slipper, glass cube w/frosted Mickey suspended inside, Disney photo cube, (w/pic from her 1st 4 trips), 3' X 5' framed poster w/all Disney character, and a shelf w/all the little towel animals that the mousekeepers left on our beds! "Partners" bronze statue in my kitchen, we even made our own "customized" maps of the World from our maps and guides and had them framed. (not to mention the yearly scrapbooks). Could this be considered a little obsessive?