PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Chicago?

Cinderelley
10-15-2008, 04:46 AM
I'll have a free afternoon in Chicago at the end of October. Any suggestions on how to kill the time? It'll be me and my mom.

Katzateer
10-15-2008, 07:42 AM
If I had a free afternoon in downtown Chicago and didn't want to go to a museum or shopping I would go to the top of the Hancock Building, grab a bite at the Cheesecake Factory and then go to the Navy Pier to walk around. Hopefully it will be a nice day to walk . They also have a free trolley but if time is short I would just get a taxi.

Cinderelley
10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
I saw something about the Navy Pier. Is it worth an afternoon?

Wrigley
10-15-2008, 09:26 AM
We live close to Chicago and we always make sure to get to Navy Pier when we head in to the city. There are several restaurants and shops, there are a few rides, mini golf, and several boats/yachts leaving the pier as well and you can ride some of them (for a fee of course). You also get a great view of the city from the pier as well. I think it is totally worth checking out. We usually take a taxi or use the free trolley if we aren't in a hurry.

vicster
10-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Navy Pier is great and the view of Lake Michigan is beautiful. You might even check if there's a matinee - saw Jersey Boys recently and it was great.

MicMouse
10-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Late October could bring any type of weather, so plan for every season. It could be 70 and sunny or 20 and snowing.

ColtsDonald
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Go see the Cubs.....oh wait....haha

Navy Pier is great. If it is decent weather you will love that.

luvdiznee
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Is Michael Jordan's restaurant still open? :secret:

ColtsDonald
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I think Jordan's place is still open. I haven't been there, but I hear it is pretty sweet.

Davyjones
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Depends on what you like to do. I personally like to see the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium. If you like to shop, Michigan Avenue is the place in Chicago. Always good restaurants too. Take a walk in Millenium park; sometimes they have concerts in the outdoor amphitheater in the park.

Lots to see and do in Chicago! :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Late October could bring any type of weather, so plan for every season. It could be 70 and sunny or 20 and snowing.

Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I'll just sit by the fireplace in the hotel all afternoon. :silly::snowball:

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I think we'll make a Plan A and a Plan B depending on the weather. Although once my mother hears there's shopping, all plans will probably fly out the window. ;)