PDA

View Full Version : Need reviews for Le Cellier!

dlovesdisney
10-14-2008, 06:51 PM
DF and I went to Le Cellier several years ago and it was absolutely terrible! It took over 45 minutes to get the food, they brought the wrong dinner and then brought the wrong dinner the second time around! Needless to say, haven't been back since - I've still got a bad taste in my mouth and I never even got to eat a meal the last time! We're going next spring - anyone been there recently and can give a thumbs up or down for me?

PittFan
10-14-2008, 07:21 PM
We absolutely love Le Cellier. It is a "must do" for us every trip. We ate there in August and the food and service were incredible as usual. The only problem we encountered was having a late ADR and the kids were falling asleep at the table. But they insisted we book 2 ressies ( preferably early ) for the next trip because it's their favorite restaurant. :cloud9:

green ranger
10-14-2008, 08:22 PM
We went there in 2006 as a party of 10, and everyone enjoyed it. It had to be the best steak I had in a long time and the service was good.

My husband and I went back again this September. Our server did mix up our steaks (I ordered mine well done and DH ordered medium). We figured it out after a few bites and switched. Then as I was cutting my steak, I found the little plastic thing that says "well done" and sticks in the steak buried under my steak and orzo. I just showed the server because I figured they should know they had put plastic under their food, and he said, "No worries," and that was the end of that. Other than that, the food was absolutely delicious again.

thumperbug
10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
We ate there in April..LOOOOOVVVEEED IT!!!! Will try again for our Feb trip.

Besides great food...the whole atmosphere is part of the experience.

There will always be good and bad experiences at all restaurtants sometime in our lives (both Disney and non Disney). I am glad to say that in all of our trips we only found 2 meals not to our liking..not going to post them as it is our opinion and should not be a reflection of what I am sure are normally great restaurants...

But back to the original topic.....LOVE IT!!!!

javamama
10-14-2008, 09:56 PM
We are big steak people, we go out for it alot. We tried it last April w/our party of 10, and everyone loved it. Service was good, not fantastic but good. Food however was great:number1:

SAHDad
10-14-2008, 10:11 PM
We were there in January with a party of 12, and I don't recall any complaints. Well, several of us wanted more of the soup, but the food was good, and the wait wasn't exceptionally long - and with three children under the age of 4 in the group, we would have noticed.

When DW and I started planning for our next trip, Le Cellier was one of the ones that we put early on our list of "must-do" dining.

brogan54
10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
it is the best we eat there every trip to disney:mickey:

jrkcr
10-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Love it!!! :thumbsup:

Cheddar cheese soup.....:cloud9:

ch077833
10-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Just ate there on Monday. The steak and cheddar cheese soup were great, the risotto was super salty. The service was excellent.

Cheryl

Epc0tphr34k
10-15-2008, 08:13 AM
I had the same experience you did. My mom's meal had to go back a couple times. We waited a long time to get seated and when seated it was along time before we got the food(and we were all done eating by the time my mom got her food) and the restaurant was empty other than our party of 8 and a table of 2. I also didn't think the steak was anything special. I find that this place is a real love it or hate it kinda place. I don't think i have heard anyone say "yaeh its ok, I would go back but not necessarily every trip". I will probably try it again some day but its not on my top priority list by any means

tigger_ttfn
10-15-2008, 08:21 AM
We have been 3 times since 2006 and it has never disappointed. It is the BEST filet mignon I have ever had. Actually, everything we have eaten was really good. :cloud9:

Yes, we have had some slow service but not bad service. The first time we went I think they lost our order because the waitress apologized for the delay and offered us another (free) appetizer while we waited. We declined because we wanted to be hungry for our steaks. :D

In January 2008, we had a very late dinner ADR and the place was half empty. Yet, we still had slow service.

I think this is a place where the food is awesome and you have to accept that the service will not be stellar.

Unfortunately our next trip we could only book lunch. We haven't tried lunch before, but I'm sure it won't disappoint. :thumbsup:

January-2007
10-15-2008, 06:40 PM
We were there last year and it wasn't all we had expected. It was okay but not wow. There's no rush for us to go back. Since you had such a sour experience there previously, I would suggest trying a different restaurant next time since there are so many wonderful ones to choose from! :mickey:

KylesMom
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey: :party:

We have eaten at LeCellier twice each trip for the past four years and have never had a bad experience. The pretzel bread, the cheese soup, the cuts of meat, desserts and wine have been fabulous each time. The only problem that we have with this dining location is that sometimes you are seated a bit after your ADR since it has become so popular. We highly recommend it.:thumbsup:

DF and I went to Le Cellier several years ago and it was absolutely terrible! It took over 45 minutes to get the food, they brought the wrong dinner and then brought the wrong dinner the second time around! It sounds more like a server problem than the food - which can (and does) happen anywhere on property.

Johnno52
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
There are always great reviews of this restaurant however as one other poster mentioned "too salty" We have found "to our taste" that they over salt the food and as we had 2 years in a row we will not go and spend over $100 for something we don't like. We at one sitting and had the beef broth and could not get through the 2nd spoon full, same as the rice. Sorry but even though I am a Canadian I am not a booster of Le Cellier. We won't go back unless the Chef tells us he has changed his/her aggressive seasoning habit! :ack:

Aggie97
10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
We've eaten at Le Cellier the past two years with the Candlelight Processional dinner package. We did enjoy both meals and did not have any major complaints. However, we've had much better service and food (steaks, sides and desserts -- the cheese soup is a notable exception) at other WDW restaurants, so it's not a must-do for us. :mickey: