PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have stayed at all three All Stars

WVParkfan
10-14-2008, 03:39 PM
We've stayed at the All Star Sports twice (liked it). We have stayed at the All Star Movies once (LOVED it). We've also stayed at Pop Century, but didn't like it as much as the All Stars (but that's another issue).

So this time we're staying at the All Star Music hotel in April.

For those of you who have stayed at all three, tell me why we will either like Music more, or tell us what we will like less about Music than the other two.

mulderxcoltrane
10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
IMO,

It's 6 of one/half dozen of the other.

It really depends on your theming preferences.
The setups and food courts in the AS are nearly identical.

beachezncream
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I like the food court better not in style but the actual food ... they used to have different pizza then the rest of them.. but that was quite a while ago... and the pool area , its a big guitar :thumbsup: with the three caballeros in the middle... the main building is Calypso ... im partial to it because it was my first on property stay.

Its really just the details like that , that makes them different.

disneychick62
10-14-2008, 05:00 PM
we stayed at all of them about a half dozen times. the last time at sports it was kinda dirty. so we said we wont go back there. music is real nice, i feel like thers an older crowd there. noy alot of little kids running around. movies was my favorite. but after staying at pop i luv that one the best. the lobby is awsome. alot of toys from the 70s. brought back alot of memories!!! depends on what ur into. i guess their all cool...:)

Simba's Mom
10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't like Music as much as the other two. What bothered me was the way the resort was laid out, in a straight line, like a bowling alley. The other two resorts, where the buildings are in a semi-circle form around the main building, seemed much more preferable. I'm not sure why that was such an issue with me, but the other resorts seemed "cozier" to me as a result.

Tinkerbella16
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
We have stayed at all 3 countless numbers of times. I don't like the All Stars since Pop opened...but if I had to choose out of the 3, I would say that I liked Movies the best. It is the newest of the 3. I don't like the fact that they all share busses the majority of the time. I love Pop Century...it's new, has its own busses, more spread out, location location!!!!!

I am not sayin that Music isn't a good choice, but it isn't what we prefer. We stayed in Broadway last time we stayed there, and it seemed far from everything. Sports is just showing its age. Movies was always the last stop picking up and dropping off at the resort, so thats a downside too.

It all goes by personal preference. Now that I've stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, I am hooked!!!! I don't wanna stay in a value.

macho91
10-15-2008, 09:41 AM
:thumbsup:

We stayed at both Movies and Music in early Sept and found Movies to be run down and not very clean. The rooms really need a refurbishment at Movies. Music rooms had all new furniture and seemed to be just renovated. The only downfall at Music is the layout. I would highly recommend a preferred room unless you don't mind the walk.

WVParkfan
10-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

Personally, we noticed a very big difference between Sports and Movies. And one of the things we loved the most about Movies was the transportation. Our room was in the Herbie section, and it was about an equal distance walk to the bus stops at either Movies or Music. While we were there (March 08), we never once shared a bus with the other All-Stars. So, when a bus arrived to pick us up at the parks, we were able to take the first one that arrived (Music or Movies).

Movies also seemed to be more plush than Sports (trees, flowers, privacy) and was much quieter than Sports.

We, too, prefer the mods (CBR and CSR). But this is a trip to follow our son's marching band as they perform at WDW. This isn't our "big" vacation, so a value is the order of the day. I wanted to try somewhere we haven't been, so I chose Music.

Thanks again for the responses.

mulderxcoltrane
10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
In terms of bus service - if the 3 all-stars end up sharing buses - Sports is the first to pick up and the first to drop off.

wmdaddy
10-16-2008, 08:14 AM
ASMovies is my favorite based on theme and the food court.

Music was good for 1 MAJOR factor - Transportation. Whether the All Stars are sharing buses or have their own bus, you have the choice of taking any of the 3 and you still have a short walk to Music as it's right in the middle.

ilovemyjj31
10-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, I have stayed in all 4(im including pop) I loved pop the best! But if i had to chose music, sports or movies, gosh..that would be hard, to me there all the same, just different theming..the beds all felt the same to me..but i also only use the room to sleep and take a shower..i am a hard core..lol..im never in my room!!! :party:

LudwigVonDrake
11-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I have stayed all three All-Stars and Pop and of the All-Stars my favorite was Movies. I thought it was the best themed of the resorts. Pop was much better for being newer (read: cleaner) and the bus transportation was more efficient.