PDA

View Full Version : What rooms/views get taken first/last?

diz_girl
10-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi there. I hope to buy in VERY soon at BLT (currently working on DH) and I am trying to figure out what number of points would work for us. I was wondering what size rooms get taken first and what gets taken last. I guess the same thing goes for views too. This will help me determine how many points I truly need based on what will be available when I make my plans (usually way ahead of time, but you never know), rather than how many I think that I need based on the accommodations that I want. I plan to visit WDW every other year, so we would have a lot of points to use, although I'll use any leftover points to go somewhere else, say the DVC at HHI, during our non-disney year.

For instance, do people tend to go for the lower point values rooms first (Studio with a standard view) so that they can spend the most time at WDW, or do the larger accommodations go first, because they are, well, larger? I do know that the three bedroom Grand Villas get snapped up really quick, so that's a given. And I would think that it would be easier to reserve whatever you want during the adventure and choice seasons. So when you make your reservations at any time of year, what's gone and what's still available?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

dlpmikki
10-14-2008, 06:30 PM
My understanding in older properties is that studios go before 1 beds. I am not sure the 1 beds offering 5 sleeping have been around long enough to see what difference that will make.

DizneyRox
10-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Correct... The cheaper point rooms usually go first, I'm not sure why. I imagine that people probably book low and hope for an upgrade or something, which seldom happens with DVC.

My advice is to upsize your NEEDS and purchase based on that. We spent a couple days last time finding the right number of points. We did studio one year, and bank the rest, and what would/could we get the next, etc. Doing that proved very useful as we never ran out of points or didn't have enough to stay where we needed. We also sold that contract in record time.

The minimum is really not enough if you ask me, although if you're going every other year, it's probably enough. BLT is expensive and scales up quickly!