PDA

View Full Version : Club Level Guests a dining question

javamama
10-14-2008, 12:32 AM
do you still always do the DDP? I really felt like last year we could have eaten ourselves to death, with all the food they had at the Poly. We almost always had breakfast at the Poly except twice, which works out great IMO eating in the room with the kids. I'm curious since I'm starting the wishlist process as they say, about what others do.
TIA
:mickey:

bouncer
10-14-2008, 07:34 AM
We don't usually do the dining plan. We've been staying at club level our last few trips and have been getting breakfast & dinner there most days. We hit the parks & come back to rest or swim & by that time it's dinner time & the dinner food is available and we're hungry. Right now I am struggling to make my ADR choices today is 180 days. I want to try new restaurants but I don't like planning our days around them either. Also I don't like paying for additional ADRs when we've paid for club level. I'll probably end up making 3 or 4 ADRs.

Tinkerbellfan
10-14-2008, 11:28 AM
No, if we stay at the club level, we do not do the dining plan. There is no way we could take full advantage of both the club level offerings and dining planning and still fit into our clothes.

DawsonAR
10-14-2008, 11:57 AM
We don't do the Dining Plan and CL together. We usually only do one TS meal a day when we do CL.

Marilyn Michetti
10-14-2008, 12:05 PM
We don't qualify, so I'm kind of glad we don't have to make that decision.

We grab something quick for breakfast and get a late lunchat sit down, OR we get a character breakfast and a CS supper. Don't get me wrong, we love to eat, but don't like to have to schedule it.

$$ wise, I don't think we spend any more than we would with the DDP, but never really figured it out. We're too old to eat that much and stay upright.:D

Polynesian Dweller
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
We tried DDP while in club level to see how it worked out, it doesn't. With the food available the DDP just costs you extra.

Jen C.
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
We recently stayed cl at BC, and had the free DDP promo. We actually did use the DDP, all of it~. We found that we did take advantage of cl everyday for breakfast, but often missed the dinner offerings. Therefore, for us, we definitely needed both, and would get both again in the future.

We really weren't at the resort enough to take full advantage of all of the club level offerings.

threeh
10-14-2008, 02:39 PM
We have used the club level and the dining plan. We tend to stay in the parks and head back to the room later, so I always enjoyed the lounge for a snack after a day in the parks and for breakfast. :mickey:

javamama
10-14-2008, 10:04 PM
It's a toss up for us, we definately use it for breakfast, and snacks and a few dinners/snacks because if some dinner are 2 TS credits it's worth it then. Then we tend to use the CS for lunches since lunchtime doesn't offer a whole lot besides gummy sharks, goldfish, PB&J, which is great for the kiddos, but not everyday--kwim. I'm torn:confused:

DisneyDoug2
10-15-2008, 10:06 AM
We use the DDP because it doesn’t take time out of the parks. Typically we eat a quick breakfast at the hotel followed up by a late night snack.

mickeys_princess_mom
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Glad to see this thread, cause I was wondering if I was doing the right thing. We're skipping the DDP this time, and have booked a few restaurants planning to pay out-of-pocket. We're not doing a package; we're saving more on the hotel deal than we would have on the DDP. With Club Level, it sounds like we won't be going hungry!:thumbsup: Excited about the whole experience!