PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Dining Plan

Tina3176
10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I was just pricing my honeymoon for next July on the Disney website. I had looked on there already to find out some information about the 2009 dining plan. They had the standard dining plan priced at $19.99 per person. But when I priced the room/ticket/meal package, the dining plan raised our entire price about $400 for a 5 night trip. Shouldn't that be $200 based on the price given for the meal plan on the very same site? Am I missing something?

princessgirls
10-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Congratulations on your Engagement and planning your upcoming wedding!

Also :rocks:WELCOME to Intercot! It is the best Disney information site! Period!

I think you might have looked at prices for the new Counter Service only meal plan.
You might want to consider the traditional Disney Dining Plan. I believe that it is somewhere in the ballpark of $38 per day per person. It is part of the Magic Your Way package plan. It entitles you to one Table Service, one Counter Service and one snack per person for each night of your stay. It is very flexible. You can use your table service for a character buffet breakfast, or a great steak meal in Epcot.
In my opinion, for your honeymoon, you would probably want to go to nicer places to eat dinner, and then you would have the option to eat at the many fine dining experiences around the parks.
Julie:mickey:

paragon
10-13-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree. We used the dining plan on our trip a few weeks ago. It was $38 per person. We ate better than we ever have! We had a lunch at Cinderellas castle, Crystal palace breakfast, ate at the italian restaurant in World showcase ( Italy ) a dinner at Cape May, also at the Yacht Club, and a final dinner at the Crystal palace. We used counter service for breakfast at the Pop, and one lunch on arrival day at Pop. We used one at the Earl of sandwich on our annual Downtown Disney day, and all the rest in snacks. We only had a counter service left on our last day which we should have used for breakfast. But we ate well all week! if we didnt use the dinng plan, we would have eaten chicken strips and burgers all week!