PDA

View Full Version : Dining Opinions

hannah0103
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
We are going to WDW next April with a party of four 2 adults and 2 kids ages 6 and 10 months. I wanted to get opinions on some of the restaurants we have not ate at and to see how kid friendly they are.

Liberty Tree Tavern-Dinner
Donalds Safari @ Tusker House-Breakfast
Cap 'n' Jacks-Dinner
'Ohana-Breakfast
Coral Reef-Dinner
Chef Mickey-Breakfast
Hollywood Brown Derby-Lunch
Play 'n' Dine @ Hollywood & Vine-Breakfast
Sci Fi Dine In-Lunch
Le Cellier-Dinner
Princess storybook breakfast @ Akershus
Whispering Canyon-Lunch
Tony's Town Square-Dinner
Crystal Palace-Breakfast
Plaza restaurant-Lunch
Cinderella's Gala Feast @ 1900 Park Fare-Dinner

Madame Leona
10-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I have only eaten at the following but I have found them all to be kid friendly. My oldest is 2 1/2 so I have eaten at them with very young children.
Liberty Tree Tavern-Dinner (when it was charater dining, but it won't be when you go)
'Ohana-Breakfast
Chef Mickey's-Breakfast
Plaza-Lunch
Have fun on your trip.

Zippy 1
10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Pretty much all your choices are kid friendly. The Brown Derby may not be as kid friendly as some but we took our then 9 year old there and things were fine. There were several groups with younger children. I think it all depends on how your kids do with sitting. Some of the restraunts take a little longer than others. All of the meals with caracters are very kid friendly. It really helps keep the kids occupied to watch the characters move around the room.

SBETigg
10-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I think they're all good choices. You might consider 'Ohana at dinner time as well as at breakfast. Lots of fun. Enjoy!

hannah0103
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Thank you so much for your opinions were on the deluxe dining plan so were trying to do alot of the places we have not been to and I have one more question were eating at the castle do we still get the photo package on the dining plan?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
You have some of our favourite places on your list! I hope you enjoy!

We especially loved Donald's breakfast and Coral Reef.

The only one I can't say good things about is Sci-Fi, it was just rotten. The atmosphere is cool, and the desserts rather good, but the meal itself was horrible.

sisterdisco
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is great and they have Stouffer's mac n cheese, which the kids love.

There are games for the kids at O'Hana dinner.

The only reservation I have for ?kid friendly on your list is Coral Reef. We waited over 1 hour for our ADR, so the kids and adults were miserable by the time we were seated. I have read others complaining about a long wait there as well. Just something to keep in mind.

Sci Fi is kid friendly and my kids are mesmerized by the corny sci fi flicks. We happen to like the food there.

mrmcgiv
10-13-2008, 11:16 PM
We went last year and like these a lot:

Crystal place (breakfast)
Chef Mickey's (dinner)
Akershus (dinner)

I did not care for Captain Jacks and neither did DH.

Have fun

ryca1dreams
10-14-2008, 08:11 AM
We just went to:
Akershus for lunch
Liberty Tree for Dinner
Le Cellier for Lunch
Crystal Palace for lunch
Ohana for dinner

I have been to Ohana for breakfast - the food wasn't spectacular, but you got to see the characters. The food for dinner was pretty great. Akershus breakfast should be the same although we actually enjoyed the lunch - even the younger kids (5 and 9 yo)

I have been to Coral Reef for dinner and Chef Mickey for breakfast and I think they would be great. With Coral Reef you get a view of the aquarium (you may be seated close or far), but it is still pretty cool for the kids. They get a chart to try to pick out the fish.

PittFan
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
We ate at Cap n Jacks on our recent trip and decided that it is ok if you like lobster tail but not many options on the menu. My daughter had a hard time finding anything she'd eat there. My MIL and DM were also disappointed. Not much variety IMO. I like most of the other choices you've made. Looks like a winner. :thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
10-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Some of our fave places are on your list.

Liberty Tree Tavern-Dinner ...There will no longer be character dining here :mad:, but it used to be very kid-friendly. One of my favorite places for dinner.

'Ohana-Breakfast.... One of my favorite character breakfast meals. They do a little parade around the restaurant with the kids and characters...so cute!

Coral Reef-Dinner....We really liked it here and the kids will love seeing the huge aqaurium and fish, and sometimes a diver or two!

Chef Mickey-Breakfast...This place is probably the most kid-friendly. The buffet is fun, huge and the varitey and selections of foods are just wonderful. The characters are great and sometimes will come to your table more than once!

Sci Fi Dine In-Lunch...kids love this place. The atmosphere is fun, but I just don't like the dinner menu or food here.

DisneyFr33k
10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I've eaten at the following restaurants and have added my comments beside them:

Liberty Tree Tavern-Dinner - I've had their lunch and can highly recommend it!!
'Ohana-Breakfast - I've had their dinner and it is wonderful!!
Coral Reef-Dinner - been there. I loved the food and atmosphere, but my husband was upset that we were seated so far away from the aquarium. However, if you ask to be seated at the lowest level, they will.
Sci Fi Dine In-Lunch - been there, won't ever go back... the food portions are too small and the room is too dark, and the movie clips repeat every 5 minutes. 50's Prime Time Cafe is a far better choice.
Le Cellier-Dinner - EXCELLENT!! Could not go wrong with this for both food quality and service!!
Whispering Canyon-Lunch - went there for dinner.. it was too noisy and cramped (my chair was right up next to someone behind me - we both couldn't get in and out of our seats with having the other move too) and the food was just average. Even the entertainment wasn't good enough to compensate.
Tony's Town Square-Dinner - been there, wasn't too impressed. Basic italian food, nothing memorable.
Crystal Palace-Breakfast - been there for dinner. It was HORRIBLE. The food average - the kind you can find at a local all you can eat chain. The service was even worse - we didn't get even a glass of water for 20 minutes and refills were non-existant. We will never go back.

You didn't mention Kona (at the Polynesian where Ohana is)- that is hands down the best dinner we've ever had. Better than Ohana even. It doesn't have the entertainment for the kids, but wonderful food.
Hope this helps. It is just my opinion, I find as I read dining reviews, we all have unique experiences based on what we were anticipating when we arrive. Have a great trip!!!:mickey: