PDA

View Full Version : Guano JOOOOoooee

BugeyedMuggy
10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
In Flights of Wonder there is a character called Guano Joe. He is usually played by an older gentleman. He is not really old, I just say that because I have seen a younger man play the part. Does anybody know what his name is? Does he do any other acting in Disney or elsewhere? I always catch this show and really enjoy it. I have seen it with Guano Jane and with the younger man but I think this guy makes it.

Gator
10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
I agree that he really does make the show. I've seen it 3 times with Guano Joe (50-something with peppered hair) and once with Guano Jane. I didn't like Jane - she couldn't sell the jokes. I hope Guano Joe is still there when I go back.

Simba's Mom
10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
One time when I went up to talk to them after the show, they told me that they're contracted with Disney, not employees of WDW. If that's true, I don't think you'd see the actor anywhere else.

WDWdriver
10-13-2008, 11:11 PM
His name really is Joe (I won't give the last name). You may have seen him previously doing street comedy at Studios. I agree that he is better in the role than Guano Jane or the alternate Guano Joe. Sometimes the ad libs and insider jokes onstage have everyone in the crew in stitches.

Gator
10-15-2008, 03:23 PM
His name really is Joe (I won't give the last name). You may have seen him previously doing street comedy at Studios. I agree that he is better in the role than Guano Jane or the alternate Guano Joe. Sometimes the ad libs and insider jokes onstage have everyone in the crew in stitches.

Do you have any idea what kind of schedule he might have to perform? No offense to the others, but the old man's the best.

WDWdriver
10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Do you have any idea what kind of schedule he might have to perform? No offense to the others, but the old man's the best.

Sorry, I don't have his schedule. However, he is the primary Guano Joe, so you are more likely to see him than not.

You may be interested to know that while Joe is a Disney CM, the rest of the bird trainers and production staff are not. The show is actually the result of a contract with a private organization, Natural Encounters, Inc. This organization created and produces the show. NEI has produced similar free-flight bird shows at zoos and theme parks across the country. All of the birds in the Flights of Wonder show are the property of NEI, except one. The bald eagle is on loan from the US Department of the Interior.

badkitty
10-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Is this the same "Joe" who does the line about the fastpass to the movie "my pouch is my couch"? Everyone keeps saying the "old" guy but I don't think he is that old. Looks about 40 something to me. I think he is hilarious. I have seen him almost every time I have been to the show.

WDWdriver
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Yep. Same guy. I would guess that Joe is in his mid to late 40s.

WVParkfan
10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
We finally went to see Flights of Wonder this past April for the first time. I could kick myself for skipping this show in the past.

Joe is hilarious, and the birds are amazing. I can only imagine that with unpredictable animals on stage that the show is somewhat different each time. We'll know for sure when we see FoW on our next trip in April 09.

Gator
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Joe is hilarious, and the birds are amazing. I can only imagine that with unpredictable animals on stage that the show is somewhat different each time. We'll know for sure when we see FoW on our next trip in April 09.

It's true - each show is a little different. My best experience was when they had a young Canadian boy come on stage to compete in a math contest against a bird. It was HILARIOUS. I'd never seen that in previouse shows. I also got to go on stage and videotape the swooping owl. Great times.

A can't miss show at AK.

joelkfla
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
We finally went to see Flights of Wonder this past April for the first time. I could kick myself for skipping this show in the past.
I always try to plug the show when I'm driving a bus to DAK. It's a great show which is not hyped much by Disney, and a lot of guests never notice that it's there.

Meerkat
10-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Too many people walk by this show thinking, "it's just a bird show". But it's way more than that. I never go to AK without seeing a Flights of Wonder show.