PDA

View Full Version : County Bears

ToDisney
10-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Will they ever bring back the Christmas version of the Country Bear Jamboree??
I know I can't be the only one who misses it.:confused:

Bringonthemouse!
10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
I can't say that I miss it as I've never had the pleasure of seeing it!!! We were very excited to check it out last year, eveyone here talked it up so much, but they didn't give the bears the Christmas makeover and we were very disappointed :( Heres hoping they work out the "kinks" and we can see it soon!

Simba's Mom
10-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Will they ever bring back the Christmas version of the Country Bear Jamboree??
I know I can't be the only one who misses it.:confused:

Thanks for reminding me about that. Although I don't know the answer, I'm going to WDW next week and plan to ask when I'm at MK. I see that Country Bears is going down for refurbishment soon for almost a month, leading to the speculation that they might be bringing back their Christmas show. Hopefully I'll be able to find a CM with an answer.

thumperbug
10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I was there in December 2006 & 2007 and neither year had the Holiday Bears.

ToDisney
10-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for reminding me about that. Although I don't know the answer, I'm going to WDW next week and plan to ask when I'm at MK. I see that Country Bears is going down for refurbishment soon for almost a month, leading to the speculation that they might be bringing back their Christmas show. Hopefully I'll be able to find a CM with an answer.

Let us hear from you as soon as you get home!
I can't wait to hear what you find out.
THANKS!!
Oh, HAVE FUN!:mickey:

sisterdisco
10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh.....that's too bad.
The Christmas version is nice. A nice change from the usual too!. I hope they bring it back.

joanna71985
10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
I can't believe that the first time I saw the Christmas version, turned out to be the last time I got to see it. I'm just happy I taped it, and I listen to it on my Itunes.

Bobby T
10-14-2008, 12:51 AM
We're makin' tracks in the snow...everything is rosy...

Imagineer1981
10-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Every year it turns into the Christmas version. I only wish they'd bring back the older show from the 80s. Its time to freshen up the act again

joanna71985
10-14-2008, 11:02 AM
We're makin' tracks in the snow...everything is rosy...

Shiverin' and skakin' to that good old country beat.

joanna71985
10-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Every year it turns into the Christmas version. I only wish they'd bring back the older show from the 80s. Its time to freshen up the act again

They haven't changed the last 2 years, unfortunately.

Imagineer1981
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
They haven't changed the last 2 years, unfortunately.

go figure, the last time i was there was 06 and I swear it was there

joanna71985
10-14-2008, 09:40 PM
go figure, the last time i was there was 06 and I swear it was there

It was there Jan 2006 (that's when I saw it). But it hasn't been out since.

Cookie123
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm also pretty sure the Christmas Version was there in 2006. I'm positively certain that they did not have the holiday version in 2007.
Seeing that it will be going down soon for refurbishment - I'm really hoping that they install the holiday version.
Keep your fingers crossed !

Greenlawler
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm also pretty sure the Christmas Version was there in 2006. I'm positively certain that they did not have the holiday version in 2007.
Seeing that it will be going down soon for refurbishment - I'm really hoping that they install the holiday version.

I would prefer they install a new speaker system.
Mama don't whoop little Buford.

Imagineer1981
10-15-2008, 04:56 PM

and maybe updated the show entirely.

Mama don't pound on his head

joanna71985
10-15-2008, 05:01 PM

It wasn't there for Nov/Dec 2006 (I remember that) unfortunately. :(

JPL
10-15-2008, 08:15 PM
It wasn't there for Nov/Dec 2006 (I remember that) unfortunately. :(

I can confirnm that it wasn't there for the 2006 Holiday Season. The last time th show ran was the beginning of January in 2006 finishing up the 2005 run of the Christmas season. This is sadly another example of Disney cutting costs at the expense of guests :mad:

monkeycity
10-15-2008, 10:38 PM

and maybe updated the show entirely.

Mama don't pound on his head

I am not so sure I would like to see it updated. Of course, I am a nostalgia geek, hence, I fear change. :sob: The new speaker system with a remastered sound track would be great, though.

Let's keep the song going --- Mama don't whoop little Buford, ...

joanna71985
10-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Let's keep the song going --- Mama don't whoop little Buford, ...

I think you should shoot him instead.

Simba's Mom
10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
For you Country Bear Christmas show fans, I hunted down a CM manager last week who verified that sadly the Country Bear Christmas show will be no more. He said it's just closed for a general refurbishment-the "higher-ups" have decided that there will NOT be any more CBJ Christmas shows.

DisneyNut2005
10-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Sorry, Simba's Mom, but I think that your source is wrong. Some CM's do like to overexaggerate things and tell lies just to keep themselves happy or for some other unknown reason.

I very strongly believe that the CBJ Xmas show will return in the future and I'm very optimistic that it will.

AnnetteFan
10-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I highly doubt that the Christmas show will never return even if it's out of comission for the next few years.

Simba's Mom
10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry, Simba's Mom, but I think that your source is wrong. Some CM's do like to overexaggerate things and tell lies just to keep themselves happy or for some other unknown reason.

I very strongly believe that the CBJ Xmas show will return in the future and I'm very optimistic that it will.
Darn it! Although I hope you're right, it really doesn't make me feel too good when the managers lie to the guests with such authority. Now, several years ago, when CP was closed one day, a CM told me very positively that it wouldn't reopen and that even if we all wrote letters, sorry but the decision had been made. Since that wasn't true, I figured that I'd better ask a manager this time. I had the idea (wrong, I guess) that he'd be more "in-the know" and would tell the truth.

DisneyNut2005
10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Darn it! Although I hope you're right, it really doesn't make me feel too good when the managers lie to the guests with such authority. Now, several years ago, when CP was closed one day, a CM told me very positively that it wouldn't reopen and that even if we all wrote letters, sorry but the decision had been made. Since that wasn't true, I figured that I'd better ask a manager this time. I had the idea (wrong, I guess) that he'd be more "in-the know" and would tell the truth.

Also, another thing to consider is that not all of the managers know everything either, especially when it comes to the lower-level ones that walk around the parks more frequently than the higher-up ones.

So, their answers may vary, depending on such factors as not always being told the same things or just making things up because they either have no answers, answers that they may not be at liberty to reveal or just make things up and exaggerate them just for the sake it.

garymacd
10-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I think you should shoot him instead.

There might be "blood on the saddle," then

Or "Blood on the ground."

Love it.

ToDisney
11-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh me, Oh my. Now, just what have I started!
All I want for Christmas is my Country Bear Christmas Jamboree!
Guess I'll have to ask Santa next year.
Thanks for asking around.
I hope you had a great trip!!
:mickey:
24 days and counting