PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Pizza Planet

GoldenDreams
10-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've never been to Toy Story Pizza Planet. Can anyone describe their food and their pizza for me? I live in New England where we have a lot of Greek pizza places called "House of Pizza". When you go to one of those, you pretty much know what to expect. Does it taste like that? Like Ellio's? Like Celeste? (I'm trying to think of things that we all might be able to compare to.)

Thin crust? Thick?

Thanks!!!!

LudwigVonDrake
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
It's overpriced personal pizzas. If you want Italian food at DHS, go to Mama Melrose's.

Strmchsr
10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Do you remember school lunch pizzas? About that size and quality.

thumperbug
10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
The size is about the same as those small round Boboli pizzas you can make at home. Nothing special about it. They also have salads there.

Sunshine1010
10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
We went for the first time last week.

The pizzas were better than frozen pizzas, but about as greasy as a pound of hamburger.

I mean.....I ate it. It wasn't horrible. But the salad was better.

KronkHere
10-13-2008, 12:01 PM
The pizza is ok - not great, very loud due to the arcade. A little expensive for what you get. My kids love it - I tolerate it. It's not on my Top 10 list of places to eat.

:pirate:

3AMommy
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I wouldn't recommend it either. The pizza wasn't very good. My salad was good. The atmosphere was bad. There are only a few tables downstairs the rest are up a big flight of stairs. Which meant a lot of people with strollers and children in high chairs were waiting for seats downstairs. Many of the games weren't working. I would say, visit the game room at your resort. Ours at POP was way better than Pizza Planet. Definitely not one we'll do again.

Tinkerbella16
10-13-2008, 12:40 PM
We ate here during our last trip in Nov 2007, and actually thought the pizza tasted good. Kind of reminded me of Dominos in a way. They are personal sized pizzas. It isn't a place that we "must do" on every trip.

Marker
10-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Well, to listen to the replies so far you'd think that everyone hates the place.... but it sure is busy most of the time.

The pizza is not "to die for" pizza by any means, but it's not bad. They are individual pizzas much like you can get in your resorts food court. Your choices are chees, pepperoni, or veggie. In our opinion, the pizza and salad make for a nice meal. Is it my favorite pizza in the world, no way, but it's a decent lunch.

As for seating, there are seats downstairs, upstairs and outside. We typically try to grab a table outside. Regardless of where you sit, it's not a bad idea to have someone in your party attempt to find a table and hold on to it. There is an elevator that goes upstairs if you don't want to walk up.

My daughter (20) love the place, and I'll admit I don't mind it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
The pizza is not the best by far, but is edible...I would say its one cut above frozen pizza, kind of on par with Dominoes, Pizza Hut etc....we eat their everytime because my son enjoys it and CS options at HS are limited....

CaptSmee
10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I thought the Boboli comparison was pretty close. It's a small personal pizza, you get a side salad and soda with a combo meal. I actually like it compared to the rest of the crummy CS offerings at DHS. Another poster mentioned Mama Melroses...excellent choice for an italian meal. They have flatbread pizzas, but they are much more pricey.

Simba's Mom
10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've never been to Toy Story Pizza Planet. Can anyone describe their food and their pizza for me? I live in New England where we have a lot of Greek pizza places called "House of Pizza". When you go to one of those, you pretty much know what to expect. Does it taste like that? Like Ellio's? Like Celeste? (I'm trying to think of things that we all might be able to compare to.)

Thin crust? Thick?

Thanks!!!!
I've never been to TSPP, but the best pizza I've had by far was at one of those "House of Pizza"s in Massachusetts run by a family from Greece. You're so lucly!

Maleficent's Dad
10-13-2008, 10:08 PM
My kids love it - I tolerate it.
Your post made me laugh! :mickey:
You'd never find me in TSPP if it weren't for my kids. Once they discovered THE CLAW machines in that arcade, we were doomed... We still book the Brown Derby, and on occasion, Mama Melrose's, but they always want Pizza Planet... :ack:

DizneyRox
10-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Do you remember school lunch pizzas?
You're being too kind... Tried it once, it's busy because it's pizza and normally there's always at least one redeeming quality of a pizza. It's really tough to screw up, but they have done it.

There are a number of better counter service choices in MGM, I'd pass on Pizza Planet.

lighteningqueen
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I really thought Disney didn't do Toy Story justice for this place. Boring Decor, feels like your eating in a dark alley cheap Pizza place. Just not fun. Pizza was not so good. We thought Pinochios was better. Won't be going there again. Y0ur right , there is not enough places to eat at DHS, but it's one of our favorite parks. So colorful.... We are going to try Backlot Exptress this time. Or eat at the resort for early lunch, or late breakfast then try to hold out till evening or 5 for our ressies at 50's Prime

the other micki
10-14-2008, 11:18 PM
I agree with the poster that said it is about on par with Dominos. It was okay. However, my daughter did win an MP3 player out of one of the machines. She's a natural genius with those games, though!

brownie
10-16-2008, 12:34 PM
We were disappointed with it the one time we ate there, and have never been back. The pizzas were okay. I think they could have and should have done a better job in carrying the whole thing out from the movie.

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 01:36 PM
its not bad , but far from good-
its ok for a counter service in DHS-

I also agree the salad is good-

I wouldnt go out of the way to go there unless your kids like Toy Story and will have fun eating there- ( which is a good reason)

My kids like it, i am ok with it if i am really hungry...

Best pizza in WDW is at Spoodles outside window...

DizNee143
10-16-2008, 02:20 PM
personally..i love it..heck my whole family loves it!
its alittle personal pizza..its nor bad for disney...i look forward to it every trip!

there are sits downstairs...upstairs (you can us the stairs OR the elevator!!) and a bunch outside also..

dmosher
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Personally I would say that PIzza Planet is a place where adults with children go, pay a little too much for pizza (at least it's a food they know the kids will eat) then watch as their children run amuck chasing each other and playing video games, etc. For the parents, it's a place that despite the mass hysteria of children and loud game noises they can relax in an actual chair and usually air conditioning before heading back out into the Hot Hollywood Studio's sun. If that does not appeal to you then I would say "pass" on this one.
:pipes:
D

paragon
10-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I've never been to TSPP, but the best pizza I've had by far was at one of those "House of Pizza"s in Massachusetts run by a family from Greece. You're so lucly!

LOL,
I'm a new Englander too, I know all too well of theose "House of Pizza" places. Virtually every one IS Greek owned/operated. And they do have awesome pizza!
For the original poster: Think Little Caesars personal pizza, and thats what you'll get.
Not a great full meal, but a decent quick lunch. We were using the dining plan, so it was ok for us. Agree on the atmosphere, lack of indoor lower level seating ( there are several outside tables )

Villains0501
11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
not very good pizza. i was expecting more, but recieved low-quality, cafeteria food. the games are also a waste, for i recieved less than what i had paid for. overall, not the best restaurant in wdw!