PDA

View Full Version : FastPass Question

jrpersinger
10-12-2008, 08:24 PM
A spinoff from the post below... well, almost the same question but I didn't want to threadjack her post....

The 2 hour wait period that was mentioned? Does that mean that if we were at Epcot and got a FastPass for say.... Test Track at 10am, and the FastPass for Soarin was at noon that we could get them both?

I always thought you could only get one at a time. Please explain! Cause we have really wasted alot of time if that is the case!

TIA!

medic9016
10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
It depends on the time you use the fast pass. The posted time will tell you when you can get another. If you use the first pass towards the time expiration then you can have two.

jrpersinger
10-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I am still confused???

Again, using the example of Test Track FastPass time of 10-11am. And Soarin FastPass time of 12-1pm.

I know that once our window opens say at 10am on Test Track that we are able to go and get another fastpass for another ride, even if the window does not close till 11am. But what I am trying to find out is if I could get those FastPasses at exactly the same time (well, the time it takes to walk from one to the other) if the FastPass times are 2 hours apart. I.E. 10am start time for TT and 12pm start time for Soarin.

Maybe I am just tired and I am understanding this all wrong... lol

Polynesian Dweller
10-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I am still confused???

Again, using the example of Test Track FastPass time of 10-11am. And Soarin FastPass time of 12-1pm.

I know that once our window opens say at 10am on Test Track that we are able to go and get another fastpass for another ride, even if the window does not close till 11am. But what I am trying to find out is if I could get those FastPasses at exactly the same time (well, the time it takes to walk from one to the other) if the FastPass times are 2 hours apart. I.E. 10am start time for TT and 12pm start time for Soarin.

Maybe I am just tired and I am understanding this all wrong... lol

Quick answer NO. You cannot get them at exactly the same time. The first one will tell you the time you can get the next and it will be about 1 hour later at the earliest. So, yes its possible to have two in your possession at one time but no you cannot pick them up at exactly the same time.

sassy2000
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
When we were there in April I could for example get FP for Soarin: return time 10:45-11:45. In small print on bottom it read next FP available 10:50. It was always 5 to 10 minutes after the earliest time that you could get another FP. Hope that helps :mickey:

Sassy2000

WDWdriver
10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Yes, it is possible to hold two FPs at the same time, but you will have to wait for a period of time between getting your first FP and getting your second. You can't just go from one attraction to another and get FPs. The "two hour" wait time that everyone talks about is just an approximation. The actual time you have to wait is determined by the park FP computer based on a complicated set of factors like park hours, expected park attendance, desired FP return rate for each attraction, etc. There is no way you can figure it out on your own.

The ONLY way to know exactly when you can get a second FP is to look at the small print at the bottom of your first one. It will clearly state an exact time when you can get your next FP. Generally this will be sometime between 30 minutes and two hours later.

jrpersinger
10-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Okay, I think I understand now.

We have still been wasting time. We always just went with the idea that you could not get another FastPass until your window opens on the one you have in hand. Somehow, I never noticed the small print. Ofcoarse, DH always carries them in his wallet and I never really see them. And he never pays attention to anything.... so that explains alot! LOL

Imagineer1981
10-13-2008, 10:46 AM
The ONLY way to know exactly when you can get a second FP is to look at the small print at the bottom of your first one. It will clearly state an exact time when you can get your next FP. Generally this will be sometime between 30 minutes and two hours later.

Thats the easiest way. Forget the 2 hours stuff and all that. Just look at the bottom of the ticket and it will tell you when you can get another one. If the park is empty it could be as little as 30 minutes

DIppy Dawg
10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
OK what about the following:
Get to Epcot at 11AM and run to Soarin', Fast pass return time is 8PM, get a Fast Pass. Will I have to wait until 8:05PM to get another fast pass? Seems like a wasted benefit to me.

Meteora
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
OK what about the following:
Get to Epcot at 11AM and run to Soarin', Fast pass return time is 8PM, get a Fast Pass. Will I have to wait until 8:05PM to get another fast pass? Seems like a wasted benefit to me.

No. If you get the fast-pass at around 11, you should be able to get another one by 1, possibly earlier. As everyone has said, just check the print on the bottom of your soarin' fast-pass. It will tell you what time you can get a new fp.

wdwfansince75
10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
As explained above, once you get a fast pass for any attraction, there will be a wait time. The time you can get another fast pass is printed on the first FP.....Depending on attendance and demand, it is usually 5 minutes after your fast pass return time, but it may actually be earlier than your return time. For rides with really long waits, such as Soaring and TSMM, you will often get FP's with 6 or more hour return times....in that case, your next fast pass eligibility will typically be 1 hour or less.

For example, a Fast Pass has printed on it

Enter any
time between
4:15pm
and
5:15 pm
another PastPass
ticket will be
available after
4:20pm
date time

In this case, your return time is any time after 4:15 pm, and you must wait until 4:20 to get another fast pass. The new fast pass time is never later than 5 minutes after your return time, and as stated above in several other posts, can be less.