PDA

View Full Version : Disney Playhouse Live; when and what is it?

deva
10-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I've been to the Disney Studios before, but never with kids. This trip (October 15-19) I'll be taking the kids and will probably check out the Disney Playhouse live at DHS. Can anyone give me a heads-up about it, and does anyone have show times for this week, preferably October 16 and 18th? My oldest is 7, and youngest is 3. Is 7 too old for this?

Thank you.

lighteningqueen
10-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Well, we wnt last Dec and won't go again. First off you go in and take a seat on the floor. The stage is so high that the little ones cannot see the activity going on low. I am an adult and had to stand up to see the puppets, and got told to sit down. I told her I was in the back and no one behind me, why not. I thought they needed some kind of bleacher seating something. It is very hard to get down and up if you have any ailments. I was extremel;y dissappointed in that regard. Why make something with a 4 foot tall stage and tell everyone to move as far to the front as possible. We were all on the first row and couldn't see a thing. My 5 year old grandson kept trying to jump up and down to see. The kids dance around a bit. But if I were you I would sit on the floor mid to back to be able to see a thing going on on top of that stage. MY 2 cents worth. The older woman CS said they get many complaints on that. Seems they would fix it to better suit the parents and the tiny kids.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-12-2008, 05:35 PM
It is really cute... they just re-did it a few months back... It is based on Mickey Mouse Club House (used to be Bear in the Big Blue House) and they visit Hanny Manny, the Little Einsteins, and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. PP is correct that there is a stage, but we have never had any problem viewing from anywhere we sat in the theater... As far as times go, I am not 100% certain on that. They show it numerous times throughout the day, about every hour or so. The times will be listed in the times guide you can get at DHS.

wire0monkey
10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
We love this show. It's a "must see" for preschoolers. The show is based on puppets from various "Playhouse Disney" shows. It's fast paced and high energy. My kids adore it. They completely rock out every time we go.

We've never had a problem with sightlines, but we've always sat in the middle of the floor. The kids tend to stand during the show and we've never had a CM tell a kid to sit down.

It's slightly young for a 7 year old, but it's very cute and I think a 7 year old would be entertained enough to sit through it.

wire0monkey
10-14-2008, 04:42 PM
The Playhouse Disney Live! theater is in the Animation Courtyard.

3AMommy
10-15-2008, 12:37 AM
I agree with the seating tip, try to sit near the middle to back. The front row is just a bit too close to see the full puppet. They don't come up out of the stage very high so if you are really close and on the floor you can only see the puppets right at the front of the stage.

That aside, it is a darling show that you should do. My kids love it. One more tip is to try to avoid the last show of the day. It seems like that one is totally crowded, because everyone is trying to fit it in their schedule.

Give it a try!! We enjoy it...but we really miss Bear in the Big Blue House...he is our favorite!!!

3AMommy:mickey:

BeccaO
10-15-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm looking forward to taking our DS2 to see this show, especially since they have changed it. He watches all of these shows and I think he will really enjoy it. We have not been there since it was changed. I do have to agree with the above post about sitting on the floor. My parents were with us the last time we went in there and sitting on the floor for them is not comfortable. I do believe they had long benches in the back along the wall for older folks or people who could not sit on the floor but wanted to enjoy the show, am I correct?

lighteningqueen
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes, there were a few benches. maybe 4.. But even the older cm's (women) say it needs more seating for some that cannot sit on the floor. The room was not even a third full and they made us all go down as far to the front as the line. So that we did, which made it hard on all the first 3-4 rows for viewing. Then the few benches in the back had maybe 2 people on each which could have held more were taken immediatly, she didnt allow any standing up even if on the back wall. 2/3rds of the room was empty. Why would that have hurt??? Oh well our grandson may have outgrown that this year he is 5 now and may not want to go this Dec.

sacandjac
10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I wonder what will happen if a member of your party is in a scooter. My brother will be unable to get up and down off of the floor. He is an amputee and will be in a scooter. Will he be allowed to bring his scooter in and watch from it? Thanks so much for any info.

joelkfla
10-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I guess it depends on the cm's. When I went to see it, I immediately took up a position leaning against the wall by the center door, and no one told me to move. There were several other adults leaning against the wall as well.

I would be very surprised if Disney asked scooter occupants to transfer in a show like this, but they may be relegated to the far corners.