PDA

View Full Version : Parade & Firework recommendations

blueyedprincess
10-12-2008, 11:28 AM
We would like to get the most out of our time at WDW and aren't sure all the parades and firework shows would be worth the time. I'm not big on fireworks and DF isn't big on parades.

In your opinion, what parade is a must see and why? What firework show is a must see and why?

BigRedDad
10-12-2008, 11:33 AM
If you think they are not worth your time, then you will not enjoy them either way. For many people, these are must do's on every trip. Since you are looking for recommendations, I say skip them if you think you will enjoy something more.

cfoshe
10-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Fireworks, MK over the Castle,
HS fantasmic.
Parade, AK jungle parade.

Thats just me.

Bethanymouse
10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
We love the MK night parade and fireworks.

Disneyfun
10-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Illuminations at EPCOT is the only fireworks that we consider a "must-do".
We don't do parades that much. The only one that I would recommend would be Spectromagic at MK as it is so unique.

mainemajor
10-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Illuminations at EPCOT is the only fireworks that we consider a "must-do".
We don't do parades that much. The only one that I would recommend would be Spectromagic at MK as it is so unique.

Ditto here :mickey:
On our last three trips we have only watched 2 parades, not including Spectromagic that is so unlike any parade I have seen anywhere else

Belster
10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I would also say Spectromagic.:thumbsup: You will have to check the times for your stay.

Enjoy!

Wickster1970
10-12-2008, 09:09 PM
We are more fireworks people than parade people. We plan on seeing all three firework shows...and have only considered one parade, the night parade at MK.

It all boils down to what do you think you would miss the most of you were to miss it?
To me, Illuminations is a must. :mickey:

Cinderelley
10-13-2008, 07:57 AM
If you really don't like them, skip them and enjoy the shorter lines on the ride.

I usually skip the parades, but last year I went with friends who wanted to see them. I enjoyed the parade at AK & Spectromagic.

I like Wishes, but my friends enjoyed Illuminations.

bwk99
10-13-2008, 10:52 AM
If you don't like them, then go do as many rides as you can.. The lines get pretty short during the fireworks and parades. Plus, while you are walking from ride to ride at MK or Epcot the fireworks are visible..