PDA

View Full Version : OKW - Best Views and Rooms

Cheloconnell
10-12-2008, 10:05 AM
We recently bought an OKW resale. We have never visited any of the DVC resorts or seen any rooms in person. We bought it based on online pictures and reviews.

We currently have reservations for CBR in April, but we are going to cancel them to use the banked points from 2008 at our home resort - OKW. Any suggestions on the best one bedroom rooms (ones that have been renovated) with nice water views? I have also read that some buildings you can see the Epcot fireworks - does anyone know which buildings these are? Is it better to be on the first floor or second? If you are on the first floor is it just a patio? We have two younger ones and I just want to make sure they can't run out the sliding door and that it is blocked in some way - railing, etc..

Any advice for a newcomer is welcomed - thank you :mickey:

Madame Leona
10-12-2008, 10:40 AM
We just returned a few days ago from OKW. We had a first floor room and there was a railing around the balcony. The only problem we found was the number of lizards on the balcony. At any given time there were at least five milling about. One actually got into the room but we were able to get him out within a few hours without harming him. When we were on the second floor, we didn't have this problem.

ElenitaB
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Even though it's not our home resort, OKW is my choice when looking for a truly relaxing vacation. You made a great choice! :thumbsup:

The first floor outside area is enclosed, and since a picture is worth a thousand words, click here (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/112306245_eYgYG-L.jpg) for a view of a first-floor balcony. We've never stayed on a higher floor due to my medical condition. Also, we've never encountered lizards... maybe the previous poster meant little geckos (which are basically harmless).

Our favorite area to stay is in buildings 23, 26 and 27, due to their proximity to the Hospitality House and the Peninsular Road bus stop. If you want to stay in buildings 23-26, you must request them when you make your reservation as they are considered a "preferred location."

Simba's Mom
10-12-2008, 02:19 PM
We're big fans of the OKW 1 BRs. People have reported seeing Illuminations from the top floor of buildings 38 and 26. I think I remember someone from the top floor of building 18, also, but I can't find the report.

Cheloconnell
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Thank you all for your feedback. I wish we were going sooner. We are very excited :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
10-12-2008, 08:33 PM
IMO, the "preferred rooms" in buildings 23-26 are amongst the best at OKW. They overlook golf, water, or a combination of both. The higher up, the better the view.

I've stayed down Turtle Pond Road - and hope to never do so again... lots I could say about the locale, but let's leave it that it's not my favorite - by a long shot (Buildings 38 & 39 are to be avoided at all costs).

Love OKW as it really is a resort where you get away from the chaos of the parks and crowds. It's so relaxing... very fine place to stay.

vizsla
10-13-2008, 05:21 AM
OKW is our home resort and we absolutely love it there. On our recent trip we stayed in bldg. 24, in a first floor one bedroom. We were able to see some of the fireworks from Epcot, but not all of them, since some are not shot into the air as high as others. As far as the lizards, there were more around than normal this visit. We actually had one in our room also and it only took a few minutes to get him to run back out the door. The lizards don't both us and they would not stop me from getting a 1st floor room again if one was available.

pox24
10-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Yes Bldgs. 23-26 are the best. Plus they are a 5 minute walk the main area with dock, food, pool etc.

Momof2boys
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
The Hospitality buildings were booked when we made our ressies on June (when we bought into DVC) so we requested Bldg 27. Shall we still fax a request ?