PDA

View Full Version : What is one thing you do everytime?

eeyoresbest
10-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I am just wondering one specail little thing that you and your family do everytime. Me and my family always go and eat in front of the castle our first day. Just somethin like that. :mickey:

BoricuaBell
10-11-2008, 01:08 PM
My family and I always try to go to the most character dining rest. we can. We've been to the Crystal Palace & Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK, Donald's Rest. @ AK, Playhouse Disney's @ HS, and sadly the Garden Grill @ Epcot, which is now closed. Also @ the resorts, we try to reserve @ Chef Mickey's, and we will try Cape May Cafe @ BC for the 1st time this trip.

:mickey:

Soul_Power
10-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, we've only been one time so far, but one thing that we did on our first trip that we're going to continue on our next trip is eating at a Character Breakfast on our last day.. it's bittersweet! :mickey:

Simba's Mom
10-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Our little "tradition" involves Illuminations. We always go to Tangerine Cafe shortly beforehand, usually order one meal to share, then sit in the covered area to the right and watch Illuminations. It's not the best spot for viewing, but we've seen Illuminations so many times that sitting is more important to us than staking out the best spot for an hour.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-11-2008, 02:28 PM
The past 3 trips have started out with going to DHS on arrival day, and capping the first night with Fantasmic!. Now we'll be lucky if it's even playing on arrival day...:(

Chris :hatter:

paragon
10-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Our one thing is dinner at Cape May.
My one thing is drinking an ice cold coke on main street.
DW's one thing is finding Mickey in every park!

Madame Leona
10-11-2008, 04:02 PM
DH and I like to take our boys to the bakery and then sit on Mainstreet and have breakfast. We make sure to to it at least once a trip.

iDisney
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM
We always have breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It's a great way to start your vacation!

Cinderelley
10-11-2008, 04:39 PM
We had several "must-dos", but some are now gone. :(
1. Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern with the characters
2. Breakfast at Crystal Palace.
3. Adventurer's Club
4. Ending our trip with Splash, Big Thunder and Pirates.

Now our list is cut in half.

RAIDER
10-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Must do's are

Test Track at night
Soarin
Dole Whip
Brown Derby for lunch
Philamargic at least twice in the day
Chill out to the British Invasion

TinkerbellT421
10-11-2008, 05:30 PM
One of my things I have to do is go on the Figment ride, and then go get the 3-d face crystal in the Imagination Pavilion :cloud9:
Have to ride SE. Have to buy my annual scrapbooking supplies. Have to watch football playoffs at the ESPN club. Margaritas at the Margarita bar at DTD. Oh and cant forget we have to ride COP!

handmaidenofprincesses
10-11-2008, 06:32 PM
...sadly the Garden Grill @ Epcot, which is now closed.

cLoSeD?? :confused: but i have reservations for dinner there on Friday January 9th! Was this a sudden thing? I can't see them making ressies for a restaurant they were going to close... and i was so excited, I've wanted to eat there since i was little :(

thumperbug
10-11-2008, 06:49 PM
1-British Invasion show at least once
2-A glass of Rosa Regale at Italy with piece of chocolate
3-Last hours of departure date spent at MK
4-Mickey pop for my son
5-at least 1 character meal
6-try a new restaurant and/or attraction
7-take no less then 300 pictures (ha)

laward32
10-11-2008, 06:50 PM
We always do MK on the first day and POTC as our first ride. I always have to have a churro and funnel cake during the trip. Also, since our last trip we will definately do Chef Mickey's for breakfast our first full day. We also have to eat at Casey's during our trip.:mickey:

Iluvpooh
10-11-2008, 07:42 PM
DH and I like to take our boys to the bakery and then sit on Mainstreet and have breakfast. We make sure to to it at least once a trip.

Us too!! Cinnamon Rolls and a table on the sidewak to people watch.

Disneyfun
10-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Alas...some of the traditional 'Must-do's" for me are gone as well. Here is my list:

In WDW's Yesterland

Have a family photo taken in the Kodak Camera shop dressed up in turn of the century clothing and posed on the caboose.
Have a frozen orange juice swirled with vanilla ice cream at Sunshine Tree Terrace (they have replaced the frozen OJ with orange sherbert).

WDW of Today

Take a picture with the native american statue on Main Street.
Have a Nestle Toll House cookie ice cream sandwhich in Liberty Square.
Have at least 2 Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars.
Ride PoC atleast once.
Ride TTA - ussually at the end of a long day.
Eat at Yakatori House in the Japan pavillion.
Watch people try Beverly! :thedolls:
Watch Illuminations.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
cLoSeD?? :confused: but i have reservations for dinner there on Friday January 9th! Was this a sudden thing? I can't see them making ressies for a restaurant they were going to close... and i was so excited, I've wanted to eat there since i was little :(

nope you're good... as of Oct 6 (maybe 9, can't remember for sure) they stopped serving lunch, but they most def still have dinner there!

mainemajor
10-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Some must do's are:
Off Kilter
Fish & Chips
and always on the first night a stroll down Main St. USA. I think that is the most magical time/place there is at Disney

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-11-2008, 08:16 PM
oh, and Emmy and I, no matter what we ALWAYS do The Seas with Nemo and Friends... have to. She demands it. And I have to listen. lol

Marilyn Michetti
10-11-2008, 08:19 PM
First thing, every trip, is the monorail swing around Epcot, followed by Spaceship Earth. It's like a giant AHHHHHHH thing.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2008, 08:28 PM
1. Always go sometime while Christmas decorations are up Dec or Jan.
2. Spend 1/2 of check out day in a park and then stop in Lake City to spend the night
3. Always eat at Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom and Cantina San Angel in Epcot

tinksmom02
10-11-2008, 08:46 PM
We always find ourselves in DTD at least once during each trip, and we always have a meal at Earl of Sandwich!!

Something that's become a tradition for us is getting a family portrait in front of the hat at DHS.

DH & I always stop in Mexico for at least one :marg: a piece!

MomOfAPrincess502
10-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Ride haunted mansion! It's my absolute favorite ride. :mickey:

cinderellagrl
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
My family and I always make sure to grab a Mickey Premium bar each and a bag of popcorn while we wait for Wishes!

Bobby T
10-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Dine at California Grill and watch Wishes from the outdoor deck.

Bringonthemouse!
10-12-2008, 08:42 AM
My DD and I grab a spicy pretzel and head for the TTA just as wishes is starting. The TTA is usually pretty quiet while wishes is showing and the cast members let us go around a few times. It's a tradition we really look forward to!!:cloud9:

jrpersinger
10-12-2008, 09:39 AM
This is our number one rule! Grub on some mini corn dogs from Caseys and a Dole Whip Float while watching SpectroMagic on our first night! Its the best thing ever!

Our first ride in MK is always PhilarMagic. It gets the magic going for us!

Get Maragritas from Mexico and walk around the world, have them done by time we get to the America Pavillion where we split a funnel cake. Finish our world tour with Fish and Chips and find a spot for Illuminations. Sometimes DH waits till we get to Germany and gets a Braut and Beer. Depends on his mood and how hot the day is/has been.

Liberty Tree Tavern. But since they did away with the Character meal, we are going to switch it to something else.

Fantasmic is not the same without a bucket (or 2) of popcorn!

There are several others we always do too, certain rides, certain shows. But those listed are our most important. We didn't do two of those this year (philarmagic 1st and our world tour) and something felt off!

kbean
10-12-2008, 10:48 AM
I always start off in Adventureland. I can't break that habit. And I've been doing it for .....at least 15 yrs.

dixielandings
10-12-2008, 11:01 AM
We ALWAYS go to Epcot. We were at WDW this week with friends of ours - mom, dad, 2 little ones, 7 & 5. When we got to Epcot, I told her she was "driving" - DH and I just love to be there - we don't really care what we see, ride, do, eat...we just like being there.

ravsluvdisney
10-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Catching the MK fireworks from the beach area at the POLY. No crowds, unobstructed view and they pump the soundtrack in. Can't beat it!

:fworks:

pink
10-12-2008, 01:31 PM
We always ride Buzz first. :mickey:

Dickson Thunder
10-12-2008, 02:01 PM
We always eat Dinner at the Crystal Palace our last full day there!

;)

Helann10
10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
My family always gets ice cream cookie sandwiches at the bakery on mainstreet and watches the fireworks, those things are so good:tasty: we get one of each flavor of cookie and then share

glenpreece
10-12-2008, 10:25 PM
see ariel!!!!

SFTrny
10-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Ice cream at 10 am on our first day in the parks. On our first trip to WDW, we started our first day at Magic Kingdom with the early morning EMH. By 10, we were ready for a snack and we all got ice cream cones! Now it is a tradition.

Simba's Mom
10-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Ice cream at 10 am on our first day in the parks. On our first trip to WDW, we started our first day at Magic Kingdom with the early morning EMH. By 10, we were ready for a snack and we all got ice cream cones! Now it is a tradition.

Now, that's my kind of tradition-ice cream in the morning! We're staying at BCV next week, and DH wants to know how long after we arrive before we get to go to Beaches and Cream.

sacandjac
10-13-2008, 10:23 AM
We always eat at Ohana's our first night and then hop over to the MK to watch the fireworks. Our next trip we will be catching Wishes from a fireworks cruise after Ohana's. Can't wait-95 days and counting!!:cloud9:

Imagineer1981
10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
We have so many "must do's" so here is a list

1) ride POTC first
2) have a Pineapple Dole Whip
3) Eat at Cape May
4) Eat at Beaches and Cream
5) RIDE IT ALL
6) End the trip at DD

LudwigVonDrake
10-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Big Thunder at night, buying a Disney baseball cap, funnel cake from Sleepy Hollow :tasty:, lunch at the San Angel Inn, shopping at the World of Disney, Carousel of Progress, and probably a couple dozen more :mickey:

rmsongs
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
1. My kids and I always make sure to get one cab ride on the monorail. It gives you such a different perspective.

2. We always have a meal at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

3. We always WAY overspend our souvenir budget!!! :blush:

4. Speaking of sovenirs, I always buy a pink flamingo (either in Mexico or at Panchito's in the CSR)

5. After the trip, I always write a narrative about it and put it in a "memory box" with all sorts of little items, like postcards, ticket stubs, pictures, and the like.

This is a GREAT thread; really got my mind whirling about our next trip, November 8 - 15.

jwallace378
10-13-2008, 01:02 PM
There's a little walkway with benches right on the the Rivers of America. I sit there with my Dole Whip and watch BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, and the Riverboat.

LoriSan
10-13-2008, 01:21 PM
I always begin my trip at the MK, and the first thing I do is stroll down Main St and give a nod to Walt's window. :mickey:

EmISeeKayEeWhy
10-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Always, ALWAYS have to eat at Tony's. When the tradition started it was exclusively breakfast, but since they don't serve it no more it's usually lunch

quackaddict
10-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Ever since Epcot was opened, my family always did this park last. Well, now that I am all grown up(yeah, right) and have gone numerous times since childhood, I have adhered to that tradition: I always stay as late as posible my last night, in Epcot, and slowly walk out, enjoying everything my liitle brain can take in!

Greenlawler
10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
We have several traditions:
-We go to DD on the first night as a tune up.
-Find Donald Duck character before we do anything else.
-Family photo by the Donald Statue in Town Sqaure.
-Dinner at Liberty Tree.......bring back the characters!
-Ride the Haunted Mansion and POC at night.
-Monorail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Buy Hummus at the Pop Century Resort (even when we don't stay there).
-Eat at Pinochio's and sit near the window over looking It's A Small World.
-Last night at MK, stroll down Main Street, for last minute pin trading and we buy mouse ears and fudge.

Airblue1
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Try Something New, Try Something Old

Momof2boys
10-13-2008, 03:03 PM
We take the boys photo in front of the resort sign - we have them hanging on Mickey frames at home. Shows them growing & the different resorts we've stayed at.

We buy something to remember the resort by - the coconut, totem pole, African mask, etc.

We also buy a small plush and the boys each get to pick a pin on the last day that describes our trip -

PetefromRI
10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
I go straight to Casey's and get a dog!

MickeysEars
10-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Rainforest Cafe after AK, EVERYTIME. it allows the busses to make a couple of runs before we go back to our hotel

Faver
10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
I always have to have a turkey @ MK.
We always run to RnRC @ DS
We NEVER miss Illuminations, no matter the weather!!:mickey:
and we always go to Bongos @ DTD

kemps@wdw
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
As many times as we've been, there are many things we consider "must-dos"! However, if I look back @ all our magical journeys, I see a few things that we have done EVERY time...
1. Hoop-Dee-Doo.:cap: Have done it on EVERY trip!
2. Ice Cream on Main St @ MK.:tasty: Usually in the
evening while watching people leave the
park.
3. Epcot Stroll. Late afternoon/evening stroll
around the WS lagoon while eating/drinking
our way "around the World". Always stopping
to enjoy "Off Kilter":pipes: in Canada, or "The
British Invasion:rocker:in UK, and top off w/
Illuminations.:fworks:
4. Coffee @ sunrise on the WL dock.:mcoffee: EVERY AM

morebroccoli
10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
another awesome thread. i love reading about what everyone does!

we ALWAYS go ride the TTA first thing when we get to the magic kingdom. usually within the first hour after plopping our luggage down in our room.

we have breakfast every morning at the KONA cafe (mmm ham and cheese omlet) even though we have never been able to afford to stay at the poly. we love the poly!

and we always make time every trip to window shop at the poly stores and walk the grounds. ( i can not wait to be able to afford to stay there some day!!!)

EARL OF SANDWICH! (or as i like to call it, earl of sammich)

standing on the tomorrowland bridge to watch wishes. (right under tinkerbell)

sharing a caseys hotdog by the water where the yellow and white stripe umbrellas are, (to the right off of main street right before you get to the hub) yes its a smoking section but i love sitting there and lookin at the ducks

our newest tradition seems to be : going to disney world every year splash mountain just happens to be closed for refurbishment =(

searching EVERYWHERE for the absolute coolest neatoest bestest new disney tshirt on all of disney property!

Tink#64
10-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Oh my gosh, I feel like most of our trip is "our must do every trip" stuff! We always go to DTD on arrival day & we have to take a pic of DS's in front of the Lego Loch Ness Monster, boy we can see how DS's have grown over the years by that one pic!
First & last park days are MK & Buzz is always our very first ride! There are soooo many more thing that we do each trip that I couldn't possibly list here, but I've tried to alter these rituals & my family won't stand for it! :mad:

One silly thing we do, is taking DS's & DH's pix wearing different hats all thought out WDW! Those are just hilarious to look back at over the years! :funny:

kurt
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
epcot world showcase for beer & brat.
la nouba

PlutoPlanet
10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Dole whip.

Camaro305
10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
We're going next week for 10 days. One of the big things that we do is to remember how lucky we are to have each other and the kids at a place so magical.

Cookie123
10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
First thing, every trip, is the monorail swing around Epcot, followed by Spaceship Earth. It's like a giant AHHHHHHH thing.:thumbsup:

I've never been on the monorail as it goes through Epcot. I would love it! So where exactly do I get this, and which monorail?

Thanks A Bunch !

TheWizofDiz
10-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Frozen Cokes at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland! :thumbsup:

DisneyMelissa
10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
I've never been on the monorail as it goes through Epcot. I would love it! So where exactly do I get this, and which monorail?

Thanks A Bunch !

If your at the Magic Kingdom, you can take the bus or monorail (I vote monorail!) to the Transportation and Ticket Center. From there...you can grab the monorail to EPCOT, which will first swing through Future World before dropping you off. :thumbsup:

DizRunner
10-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Everytime I have to go to the Contemporary, even though I've never stayed there. Have to watch the monorail go in and out, viewing it from the inside and the outside. As a kid in the '70s, I was always fascinated by this, even though I only saw pictures.

While in the Contemporary I have to take in the beauty of the tile mosaic done by Mary Blair and always get a touch. To me that gives me a sense of the past.

Ride the HM at least twice when I'm with my wife. When I go alone during the marathon weekend, I always ride it at least four times.

And always ride the COP at least once.

Mr. Incredible
10-15-2008, 12:34 AM
- Get breakfast on last day from Main Street Bakery. We grab a table in front of Casey's and watch the crowds come in, and enjoy the Main Street singers

- eat Mickey bars often :)

KathyMJ
10-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Got to Kona for breakfast and have Tonga Toast on the last day of the trip. Then sulk on the monorail with a very sad face knowing it's time to go home:(

scootch713
10-15-2008, 08:27 AM
We always watch Spectromagic, our favorite parade. We also always have a funnel cake. You see, we took my 21 year old neice 4 months before she died. Every time we were near the funnel cakes, we had just eaten or were not hungry or didn't have time. So one morning at rope drop, we went straight for a funnel cake for Breakfast. As we were eating them, my neice proclaimed, "this is my idea of a five star meal!" So we always have a funnel cake for our sweet Lindsey. :cloud9:

AdventurerKim
10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Every November, we get a Mickey gingerbread cookie and ice cream sundaes at either Main St. Ice Cream Parlor and/or Ghiardelli's. We also always have lunch at Mama Melrose's on November trips and Sci-Fi DIne In on Summer trips. PI was a must on every trip. :(

Reyam56
10-16-2008, 03:25 PM
We make sure and eat at Pecos Bills.

JWB3
10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
... hot fudge sundae at Ghiradelli's!

princessjojo
10-17-2008, 11:31 AM
We always eat at Ohana and get a hotdog at Casey's. For us, the rides are a given, but our new thing will be to try a new TS restaurant every time.

tinkerkell070
10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Must start trip at MK and first ride has to be COP. I know some think its lame but I just love it. Gets me in the mood and humming the song all week! Last park has to be MK as well.

Tinkerbella16
10-17-2008, 12:48 PM
It is a tradition for our family to go to Epcot as soon as we get there after checking into our resort. It has always been the first park we go to when we go...and we still do this every year.

Also, the Poly is my favorite resort in WDW...it is my dream to one day stay there, but I just love the atmosphere and the location..it is so magical for me. So I have my own little tradition every trip.. I book a breakfast at either Kona or O'Hanas so that I can visit my favorite resort everytime I'm in wdw. Then we take the monorail over to MK after I've done my tour of the resort.

:mickey:

Belster
10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Always begin with Space Mountain followed by Buzz. Which will change when we arrive tomorrow because it will be my DS3 first time to wdw, he cannot ride Space Mountain so we thought that it would be best if we began with something he could do.

Eat at Pinochio's, upstairs!

dteed
10-17-2008, 11:39 PM
There are lots of things we always do, but we have not been to Disney unless we see Bob's show.

brownie
10-20-2008, 07:47 AM
We always have at least one character dining experience. We also have a list of our favorite attractions that always get done.

WonderlandsMostWanted
10-20-2008, 12:49 PM
I have a few existing traditions that I've done since I was a kid:

-Hot dogs at Casey's

-it's a small world, no matter how long the wait is

-for some reason, we shout "possums" on BTMRR every time we ride underneath them :blush: not sure how or why that one started, but it's required now

-take several "people watching" breaks through out the day. (Dad has a heart condition, but doesn't want to "slow us down" so he won't always say he needs a rest when he really should. So, I watch the daddy, and occasionally proclaim that we're in a great spot for "people watching" and that I want to stop and do that for a while.

A few new ones:
- do at least 2 random acts of Disney magic for complete strangers

-Start and end the trip with MVMCPs.

-get a big mug of hot cocoa while watching the Osborne lights

-Try something new

:cloud9: Just 45 more days!

Cinderelley
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
-get a big mug of hot cocoa while watching the Osborne lights

This sounds wonderful! Where do you buy it at?

WonderlandsMostWanted
10-20-2008, 08:54 PM
There was a stand selling it last year, I think near the area where they usher you into the streets of America. They had regular disposable cups, or large ones with blinking LED lights. They also had cookies and possibly hot cider, but I don't remember for sure.

Now, I do belive this was a small tent type set up, not a permanant structure. I also seem to recall that they were saying they were almost out at the time we got ours, so you probably don't want to wait until too late into the night.

Cinderelley
10-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Thank you

beksy
10-21-2008, 01:54 AM
We always start the trip with the MK and IASW and used to always end it this way but now always end it in the MK with BTMRR and POTC. I always have to get a Dole Whip Float (ok, a few!) at night and just people-watch as I eat it. We always eat at San Angel Inn. Our two newest traditions are to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's and to try at least one new TS restaurant each trip. I also have to have our pictures taken at every photographer we come across and my sister still has to get character autographs. And of course I have to go way over budget on souveniers!

Insanity Clause
10-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Now we have one been one other time but we decided the one thing we want to do everytime from here on out. (We are going to try to go on a yearly or bi-yearly basis from her on out) We want to take a picture of the kids holding hands in front of the castle where the sculpture of Walt and Mickey holding hand is located.

AllDisney
10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Our family tradition is to do Fantasmic the first & last night of our trips:thumbsup:

We are concerned now that they are cutting back on Fantasmic:mad:

Perhaps it's time to start a new tradition:unsure:

jillluvsdisney
10-22-2008, 07:16 PM
We always see SpectroMagic. If it's only being performed once a week (like Saturday night) we plan our events around being at MK that night to see it. It's my Dad's favorite thing.

We always eat at Kona Cafe once during our visit.

When we are at Epcot we always go see Impressions de France at least twice. I always buy a souvenir in the gift shop and my dad always stocks up a new men's cologne in France also.