PDA

View Full Version : opinions/reviews please...

Marker
10-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Well, I think I've gotten out of going to Chef De France. Now my daughter has some other places in mind. Just curious on what folks have to say about these joints.

Turf Club @ Saratoga Springs
Spoodles @ Boardwalk
Chef Mickey's @ Contemporary
Mickey's Backyard BBQ @ Fort Wilderness
Olivia's Cafe @ Old Key West
Boma @ Animal Kingdom Lodge
Akershus @ Epcot
Le Cellier --- ok, I'm pretty familiar with LeCellier

We're still 344 days away, so this is all preliminary. No doubt her list will change a few times, heck maybe she'll let me pick one or two (just kidding). It's almost a year away, and she (ok we) are excited already. After all, the planning is half the fun.

Disney Lynn
10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
I can only help you with Boma- and I heartily recommend it. I prefer dinners there (they also do breakfast). The resort is lovely, so I always recommend driving over early and walking around the resort- go outside to view animals, etc. If you're still early, have a drink in the bar and relax. The seating area can be rather noisey (this is my only complaint).

Spoodles- we only ate here once (over a year ago) and were somewhat disappointed. I had a seafood combo that had much less seafood than advertised on the menu. There are better options!

sassy2000
10-11-2008, 09:14 AM
I have been to Boma for breakfast which was fantastic and have heard that dinner is just as good. We will be trying it on our Dec trip. Le Cellier is great. Very good food and I have always had good service there. Askersus in Norway... I would not recommend it. This was our least favorite meal of all Disney restaraunts we have been to. It's a great way to meet the princesses but if that is not a priority then I would avoid this place.

Sassy2000
Next trip Dec 08 CSR & POR

threeh
10-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I've eaten at Boma, It's great. The food is just really good and you get to see AKL. Ate at LeCellier 2 trips ago and enjoyed it, hoping to go again in Jan. I've read good things about the Turf Club. Happy planning:mickey:

Tbelle1976
10-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm excited about eating at Boma our next trip in Feb., we have heard so much about it and I can't wait!:mickey:

jonahbear2006
10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
The first time we ate at boma it was great. this last time it was horrible. The food was all dry and not fresh, it was so busy we didnt get to eat together, and we couldn't wait to get out of that place. Le cellier is amazing! Chef mickey's is good but breakfast food is really hard to mess up. It is a lot of fun. We want to always go to CM. I haven't been to the other places.

Maleficent's Dad
10-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Not a bad place in my one experience. The wait was a bit long even though we had an ADR, and service was fine. Food was good - we ate on the "patio" area outside (covered). Lump it into the "safe" category. Fun and tasty (albeit greasy) onion rings!
Spoodles @ Boardwalk
Have watched the service at this locale decline over the course of 10+ years. Seriously - service can be downright terrible here, and I'm not talking about a single visit. Food is good and plentiful, but we don't make it a habit of dining here even though we are often found at the BW.
I'm one of the few Intercoters who despise the place. Too loud. Mickey sprinting across the floor. Disco music... It's "breakfast on speed."
Single worst Disney dining experience of all times. Enough said.
Just a skeleton of what it used to be, but still amongst our favorites. Comfortable place, comfort food, good service... We've just had terrific luck here.
One of the few buffets with really high quality food. Great salads, nice variety, and of course, zebra domes!
Akershus @ Epcot
Not for everyone, but I've had good meals here with the princesses. I enjoy fish of all kinds, and am something of an adventurous eater - so the menu works for me. Kids have been fine here as they do have some "normal" kids' foods!
Le Cellier
Grown to be so flippin' popular these days, just make sure you have an ADR or two for the place. I mean, it's good, but really!!! It's become the "hottest ticket" in WDW. Cheese soup and pretzel breadsticks will do that, I guess! ;)

Natazu
10-12-2008, 02:23 AM
I'm gonna save some typing and agree with Frank on all his comments.

dixielandings
10-12-2008, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Marker;1758864]Well, I think I've gotten out of going to Chef De France. Now my daughter has some other places in mind. Just curious on what folks have to say about these joints.

Spoodles @ Boardwalk
Akershus @ Epcot
QUOTE]

Don't go to Turf Club. We were unimpressed.

LOVE Boma and Le Cellier - they are 2 completely different experiences, as you probably know.

Chef Mickey's is cool if you've never been - there are other character meals we prefer over that one.

sisterdisco
10-13-2008, 11:30 AM
We ate at Spoodles end of August and the food was incredible and our server was fantastic.
I think I had red snapper, and DH had a pasta/sausage dish. We had an appetizer of many different mediterranean dips.
Loved it. Will definitely go back!

ThanxForNoticin
10-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Another vote for Boma - amazing food, service, and atmosphere.

jwallace378
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Chef Mickey's for breakfast is great. Good selection of food and many characters.
Not a big fan of Olivia's. Maybe because I've eaten there one too many times. It's pretty much the only restaurant in OKW, and that's where I usually stay. Not a big selection of food. Slow service.

quackaddict
10-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Boma is a wonderful place!

I also give high marks to Spoodles, and Akershus.

Of course, you could just stick w/ Le Cellier...mmmm, cheese soup.....:yay::yay:

CaptSmee
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Spoodles @ Boardwalk
Akershus @ Epcot

Spoodles - We've only tried breakfast so far, which was a bad experience. Some of the slowest waiting on we've had on WDW property and there was hardly anyone there when we were dining. We are giving them another chance and trying dinner on an upcoming trip.

Chef Mickeys - Both breakfast & dinner are excellent, dinner seems to be a hard ADR to come by. The characters are lively, the food is hot and plentiful and everything is yummy!

Boma - Again, both breakfast & dinner are delicious. A little more on the adventerous side for dinner with lots of African themed entrees. We all left with very full bellies each time we dined here!

Le Cellier - I'm not a big steak eater so I wasn't crazy about dinner...but lunch is one of my favorite in all of World Showcase! The sandwiches are to die for, you can still get their infamous cheese soup & pretzel bread! And it's cheaper than dinner!

:tasty: