PDA

View Full Version : Kath and Kim

LauraleeH
10-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Did anyone watch it? I absolutely loved it!

ljv1975
10-11-2008, 12:38 AM
I watched it. I also really liked it!! DH likes My Name is Earl and we both love The Office, so I decided to record this one too, and I'm glad I did! I'm not too sure if DH liked it, but I found myself laughing out loud. I will continue to watch it!

mdhiggin
10-11-2008, 04:02 PM
We were a little disappointed with it. Of course, all the best parts were in the previews. We'll keep watching awhile to see if it gets better.

chrisb26
10-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I have a mixed reaction to it right now I thought it was alright it did have some funny parts as well as some very dumb parts.

TinyDancer
10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I thought it was GREAT!!! It reminds me so much of my family. The part where Kim goes "would it make you feel better to make us some nachos?" is exactly something my sister Anna would say!!!

I agree it wasn't funny the whole time, but I think it will be once it settles into itself. The first couple episodes of The Office weren't that funny, it was like they were trying too hard, also of the Golden Girls. Once the actors get used to working with each other and hone their timing with each other, I'm sure this show will be just as awesome as the other two!!!

2Epcot
10-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I missed the first episode, but have seen some clips. I've always like Selma Blair and Molly Shannon, so I hope the show sticks around for a while. If I'm a fan of the actors or actresses of a new show I'll usually give it more of a chance.

A few weeks ago they were shooting at one of the local malls for a couple of weeks in a row. It was hard to get a sense of the show from the scenes I watched them shoot (I won't reveal any spoilers) but some of what I saw was funny. From the parts of the completed show I have seen, I enjoyed it. I'll have to watch a full episode this week.

2Epcot
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
NBC gives 'Kath & Kim' full season
Network orders back nine episodes
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

NBC’s “Kath & Kim” has become the latest freshman series to score a full-season pickup.
The Peacock announced the back nine order Friday afternoon. Reveille and Universal Media Studios are behind the show, which stars Molly Shannon and Selma Blair. “Kath & Kim” is based on the Australian laffer of the same name.

Peacock has aired four segs so far, averaging a 2.6 rating/6 share among adults 18-49. Show has also averaged 6 million viewers. “Kath” has retained all of its “My Name Is Earl” lead-in in those two measurements and has built by 4% with adults 18-34.

“Kath & Kim” revolves around a dim, self-absorbed mother and daughter duo. John Michael Higgins and Mikey Day also star.

Michelle Nader exec produces, along with Rick McKenna and original creators Gina Riley and Jane Turner. Riley and Turner starred in the Australian series.

Variety 10/31/08

Princess'Mom
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
This show is a little bizaare, but in a good way! Glad to hear there will be additional shows!

RAIDER
11-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Its been shown for quite a few years in the UK and it has bit of a cult following here . I do watch it when its on and find it really funny :thumbsup: