PDA

View Full Version : How early to arrive at shows:

deva
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm in the final planning stages of our trip, and am curious about how soon I should arrive to live shows at the different parks. Should I show up right before showtime, or 20 minutes early, or even earlier, to get seats? I'm only concerned about the following shows:

Animal Kingdom:
*Flights of Wonder
*Festival of the Lion King

Disney Hollywood Studios:
*Indiana Jones
*Beauty and the Beast
*Jedi Training Academy
*Lights Music Action Stunt Show

I assume that the shows have differing popularity, so if you could comment on the individual show that you are familiar with I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.

TheWizofDiz
10-10-2008, 10:55 AM
It all depends on how busy it is...my feeling is Flights of Wonder you probably can go right at the show time listed. Check the boards with the times of the shows in the park or check your "times guide" you pick up with your park map. All the other shows I would say, be there 15-30 minutes before showtime. Have fun!:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I think it partly depends on the time of year and whether or not you are one of those people who likes to sit front and center. I usually don't spend a lot of time waiting for shows, but then again I'm happy to sit in the back or on the side.

Imagineer1981
10-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm in the final planning stages of our trip, and am curious about how soon I should arrive to live shows at the different parks. Should I show up right before showtime, or 20 minutes early, or even earlier, to get seats? I'm only concerned about the following shows:

Animal Kingdom:
*Flights of Wonder
*Festival of the Lion King

*Indiana Jones
*Beauty and the Beast
*Jedi Training Academy
*Lights Music Action Stunt Show

I assume that the shows have differing popularity, so if you could comment on the individual show that you are familiar with I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.

See my plan below:

Animal Kingdom:
*Flights of Wonder: get there about 20 minutes early
*Festival of the Lion King: get there 30-40 minutes early

*Indiana Jones: get a FP
*Beauty and the Beast: about 30 minutes early
*Jedi Training Academy:
*Lights Music Action Stunt Show: again, a FP is good option a busy day

joanna71985
10-10-2008, 05:44 PM
They don't always offer FP for LMA and Indiana Jones though.

pink
10-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Indiana Jones- We arrived a half hour before and got great seats. The pre-show is also half the fun so the time goes by fast.

Lights Music Action Stunt Show- We arrived about 40 minutes ahead of time and had to first wait outside and then the show started 10 minutes late and they allowed people to come in up until the last minute. :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Just because the wait time for "Flights of Wonder" was listed as less than the others, DONT MISS THIS SHOW! This is one of my favorite shows in Disney.

I've never been turned away from LMA and have walked in just before showtime, there really are'nt any bad seats here.

The Jedi training... If you just want to watch, I would say it's a walkup. If you have a young Jedi who wants to participate, I would ask a cast member near the attraction when to show up for an upcoming show and how to get the child in.

The Festival of the Lion King is another don't miss. As previously stated I would show up about 30mins B4. There are not really any bad seats here either, but if you want to participate it would be best to be very early in line.

All of this depends on which show you are going to. The very first FoLK and B&B tend to be less people waiting in line early.

I hope this is helpfull.