PDA

View Full Version : Crowds this Week?

deva
10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Is/was anyone at the parks this week? I'll be there next week and am curious how the crowds are/have been.

Trev&Ev Mom
10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
My MIL came back Monday. She was there for a week and said the crowds were not bad, better than she expected. Wait times were reasonable even for the new rides (she waited only 20 min for Toy Story Mania). But that was before Columbus Day Weekend. Most schools by me (Long Island,NY) are closed for Yom Kipper and then again for Columbus Day. A lot of our friends were heading down to WDW for a long weekend.

MomOfAPrincess502
10-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I just returned yesterday from a week long visit. At the beginning of my trip crowds weren't bad at all, by the end the crowd level was picking up. But even with the bigger crowds most wait times weren't too bad. About the longest wait time I saw all week was 40 minutes except for at Hollywood Studios on Sunday when the wait for ToyStory Mania was 100 minutes! Thank goodness for fast pass!

anneb
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I just came back after being at WDW Oct. 3-8. I usually go in slow seasons, and I thought crowds were light to moderate. There were no waits at the food booths at the F&W festival during the daytime last Friday. I usually avoid the parks in the afternoon, but spent the afternoons at the parks Friday through Sunday, and found them quite tolerable. We had virtually no waits for anything at AK. MGM was mixed - we had no real waits for most things (and virtually walked right on to the Great Movie Ride), but wait times for the new Toy Story Ride were very long (100 minutes, at one point), and even Star Tours had longer waits than we are used to. The parks looked busy, but that usually didn't seem to affect wait times.