PDA

View Full Version : Dead men tell no tales...

TheWizofDiz
10-10-2008, 10:35 AM
The PotC has been one of my all-time favs since I was 10 yrs old (long time ago)...I actually have a rare PotC sovenier book from 1973 that I purchased in the MK that tells about the pirate days and depics how Walt developed the ride. What I want to know is which PotC "scene" is your favorite one?

I love the first large scene that you enter right after going down the waterfall....the pirate ship with Barbossa shooting cannon balls at the fort (and at us!) and the PotC "The Curse of the Black Pearl" music playing.:thumbsup:..argggg. mates? Which one be ye favorite?:pirate:

Princess Leia
10-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Pirates has always been my favorite as well. For me, it's family nastalgia - my mother was a CM on the ride close to 20 years ago and I remember going to the parks w/my dad to see her at work! :mickey:
That being said, my favorite part of the ride was always the beach scene with the skeletons. However - now that Capt Jack Sparrow is featured in the ride, I think the final scene with him in the chair talking/singing is my favorite! :heart:

Goofeygal
10-10-2008, 12:34 PM
The scene with Jack sitting in the chair at the end is my fav as well.

Tinkerbella16
10-10-2008, 12:45 PM
My favorite scene is the Auction scene...I'm pretty sure the mayor gets dunked in that scene also and I love that part.

"We wants the Red Head!!!!"

:mickey:

ColtsDonald
10-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I really love the jail cell scene where the dog has the keys right outside the cell. That cracks me up.

Momof2boys
10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I really love the jail cell scene where the dog has the keys right outside the cell. That cracks me up.

:ditto:

The part I don't like is the hairy-legged man sitting over the tunnel - that gives me the heebie-jeebies.

jwallace378
10-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I too like the scene right after the waterfall where the ship is shooting it's cannons at the boats.

Imagineer1981
10-10-2008, 03:21 PM
TOUGH!!!!!!! I love the whole ride, as a kid I remember saying "we wants the redhead" over and over, or the dog with the key, but here are some classics:

1) The skeleton at the pirate wheel before the fall

2) the guy with the hairy leg hanging off the bridge

Imagineer1981
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
also wanted to say the whole attraction really is a tribute to Marc Davis and his creative style and ability to tell so many stories within this one attraction

darthmacho
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I haven't seen the Jack Sparrow version in person yet, but traditionally I like the busy scenes where the town is being attacked. I have a fondness for the poor cat that seems to be getting teased by a pirate. :pirate::blackcat:

CaptSmee
10-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I like the auction scene...and the hairy leg...

LauraleeH
10-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I like all of the scenes with the donkeys!!! My brother calls me a donkey as an insult, but in a lovingly way. I've learned to love it.

It's just so classic and traditional.

AdventurerKim
10-11-2008, 08:31 AM
I have always loved POTC! My favorite scene is the one right after the ship battle where the pirates are dunking the guy in the well and the girl in the window is yelling down at them. The line "Carlos don't be chicken" is hilarious every time I ride! :mickey:

Mad About Mickey
10-11-2008, 09:14 AM
:pirate:Another vote for the auction seen, We Wants The Redhead! :pirate:

cal5755
10-11-2008, 10:18 AM
:pirate:Another vote for the auction seen, We Wants The Redhead! :pirate:

This is my kids favorite part too.

I have to say mine is right after the drop as well. I love seeing the boat and the cannons being shot.

Auroring Good Time
10-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I love the part after the auction scene where the women are chasing the men around.

cinderellagrl
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Love the part with the drunk pirate and the pigs!

andreallybadeggs
10-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Oooh...tough. Can you tell by my screen name it's a favorite with our family as well?
DH often serenades me with every verse of the song (scoffs at amateurs who only know the
"Yo Ho" part)
Probably would choose"We Wants the RedHead" as well since our DD matches that description but
the drunken "Here Kitty Kitty" makes me laugh as does the dog & key (remember J.Depp saying London audiences didn't get the reference to that scene in the film but in Anaheim they just roared) and I LOVE being creeped out by that dirty-foot/hairy leg pirate.

Bobby T
10-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Gotta go with the Skeleton Captain before the waterfall. What a great effect!

Dopey's Girl
10-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I love the drunk pirate with the kittens. I don't really know why, but I always have to be seated on that side of the boat so I can see them! I just love it!

MushuGrl
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Another vote for the "Carlos, don't be cheeeeeeeeeeeecken" scene. Cracks me up EVERY. TIME.

"I'M NO CHEEEECKEN!"

LudwigVonDrake
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Before they changed it, it was the battle scene. Now it's the scene with the dog.

I wish they'd put the ride back the way it should be.

BeccaO
10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
This is a hard one, but I will have to put another vote in for "We wants the red-head"!!!!:pirate:

Greenlawler
10-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Skeleton at the wheel.

Although I much prefer the DL version of POC