PDA

View Full Version : Disney gift cards for use at F&W Festival?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I have heard talk of reloadable cards that can be purchased at the Festival Welcome Center to be used at the F&W Festival. They have a strap so you can wear them around your wrist and are an easy way to pay for the food you try at the different booths. Has anyone had experience with these? I think it might be a great idea for each of us (myself, DH, DS17 and DD12) to have on our upcoming trip. That way each person can pay for their own food and no signature is needed like with a room key or credit card. I thought I saw a picture of one and the card part was able to be broken into two pieces. What would be the purpose of that? Thanks for any advice! This is our first trip for the F&W Festival and we are VERY excited. :thumbsup:

me...
10-12-2008, 01:34 PM
THEY ARE AMAZING : ) I used mine all weekend. It's great for F and W because if you ony want to spend a certain amount, once it's gone it's gone. On each recipt when you purchase something it tells you what you have left. And it can be used anywhere disney gift cards are accepted. They come on a bungee wrist strap. As for it breaking in 2, when you first get it, it loooks like a gift card on a strap but you can break off the top part and have it be a small card on your wrist.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the wrist strap was a little tight. But I highly recommend it. : ) -Christie

PoohRules
10-12-2008, 07:02 PM
This sounds like a great way to stay on budget and move through the line fast. Crazy question, but where can you get them and how much do they cost (above the amount you put on the card)?

Aggie97
10-12-2008, 07:26 PM
where can you get them and how much do they cost (above the amount you put on the card)?

I also am very interested in this! I think the op said they could be purchased at the Festival Welcome Center. Is that the former Wonders of Life pavilion? :mickey:

me...
10-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Crazy question, but where can you get them and how much do they cost (above the amount you put on the card)?

I know for sure they have them at the Welcome Center which is the old Wonders of Life Pavilion. In the F and W guide book it has other locations but I don't have it in front of me at the moment.

As far as cost it costs only what you put on it. You can put as little as 5.00 and as much as 1500.00. They also give you an information reciept with all of your numbers on it so if for some reason you do lose it you can go to GR and have them deactivate it so no one can spend money on it

wendy*darling
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
We used these too. I think they are a great idea!

Really though- they are regular gift cards, so if you already have a Disney gift card, use that. The wrist bungee is very convenient though. ;)

I put $50 on mine and used only about $20 on F&W (we were using snack credits as well). The rest of the balance I used in the shops (Mouse Gear, etc.).

Makes a nice souvenir after you use it up too!

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
OK...we'll do it! I think this sounds like the perfect solution to our trip around the world at the F&W Festival! My kids are old enough (12 and 17) that they don't always need an adult to stand in line with them and they are certainly able to order their own food. If we get one for each of us, this will allow us to stand in different lines if we want to, or go sit on a bench and eat :thumbsup: while others might be in line getting food. The idea that they won't have to sign like with a credit card or room key is appealing too.

We can't wait for our trip. We've been going over the menu to see what foods we might like to try. DS17 says he will eat any of it...very adventurous!! DD12 will stay away from anything too spicy, and will likely try bites from other plates before buying some of her own, but is also not a picky eater. DH is ready to try some of the great beers listed and while I am not a wine lover, and typically don't drink other alcholoic beverages, there are a couple that might tempt me (I've never had sangria, but might give it a try!).

anneb
10-13-2008, 01:26 PM
We used these last week at the Food and Wine Festival. You can by them at the entrance to Epcot (or you can use Disney's regular gift cards. The ones we purchased at the gate were smaller than the usual gift cards, and had a bungee-type cord attached. (I didn't wear it, but the cord made it easier to find in my pocket.)
These really worked great - so much easier than pulling out cash at every booth. I only put $30 on at first, but added more to the card later and used it throughout the rest of the trip for bottles of water, coke, etc. Really convenient!