PDA

View Full Version : house name

the kid
10-09-2008, 11:51 AM
please please can someone help we are moving house and we want to name it as it is new and never been named. has anyone got some ideas.
:confused:

SBETigg
10-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm trying to think of Disneyesque names. The only thing hitting me now is Toad Hall. Best wishes with moving in and making it your own.

Marker
10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I guess I've never named a house. Ours is just "home", or "the house", or "my house". Perhaps if we own multiple houses we would name them so we could tell one from the other. "We going to go stay in Fred tonight, then tomorrow we'll go over and visit Claudia", hmmm, that example brings up the issue of gender. Before you name a house it's no doubt important to know it's gender. You wouldn't want to go around calling your house "Sophia" when its really a "Ludwig". Then you risk painting your house "Sophia", that in reality is "Ludwig", pink or something and then you have gender confused house on your hands. Then you'd have a confused "Ludwig" that everyone is calling "Sophia" and it dressed in pink, then if you made the mistake of planting weeping willows rather than something more fitting of a Ludwig, such good hardwook such as Black Walnut. Before you know it you'll have to get Sophia a house psychologist because of the issues and inner turmoil from really being Ludwig . Then your home will wind up on Oprah, and then some cable home makeover show. WHERE WILL IT EN?!?!?! All because we weren't careful enough while naming the house.

Wow, I didn't realize naming a house was such a serious task.
:silly:

NO. I have not been drinking. But it is noon, and I get off work in 30 minutes.

jrkcr
10-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Marker=:haha::funny:

I like house names. I've never named my house, but maybe I will. It just had a new paint job, so maybe it needs a name now.

We spend our spring vacation at a house named Seaire. The whole island (Ocracoke) has houses with beach names, and almost all of them are really good names.

Have fun naming your house!

Marker
10-09-2008, 01:49 PM
I like house names. I've never named my house, but maybe I will. It just had a new paint job,

Well, depending on the quality of the paint job, perhaps "Spot" might be a fitting name. :rotfl:

Beast_fanatic
10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
My suggestions:

Mickey Manor :mickey:
Briar Rose Cottage
Fox & Hound Lodge

Do you have a favorite Disney character? What about a favorite Disney movie? Knowing those things might help. Also, is this a country house or a city house? Any geographical considerations (on a hill, near the sea, etc.)?

SBETigg
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Or maybe Fantasia.

jrkcr
10-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Well, depending on the quality of the paint job, perhaps "Spot" might be a fitting name. :rotfl:

Actually, DD8 wanted it painted with Dalmatian spots!! :jaw:

And since my intercot/real life friend Diznee4me helped to paint it, I asked him if he put any hidden Mickeys on it. But I think we have no spots or Mickeys...so maybe it is

Snow White!