PDA

View Full Version : What to ride first at HS

fanofdisney
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
What do you ride first at HS-ToT or RRC?

jonah'smom
10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Whichever one has the shortest wait time, but I grab a fast pass for the other before I jump in line. :D

fanofdisney
10-09-2008, 10:54 AM
That is what we have done in the past but now we will be getting a FP right away for Toy Story Mania and head over to ToT and RRC so we won't be able to get a FP for either of those.

snuggs30
10-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I would do Toy Story Mania if thats in your plans, if not I would grab fast pass for TOT and ride RnRC first! :rocker::coaster:

Nut4DW
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Normally we get the fp for ToT - then head to RRC to ride it because until EE it was our favorite ride. On our next trip, I think I'll take the advice of so many here and get the fp for TSM since we have never done that and it is such a long wait for it. Maybe I can send DH over to get the fp since he walks much faster than me :thumbsup:

Only 61 days and 20 hours till we leave....can't wait :woohoo:

Polynesian Dweller
10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
In the past our decision has been based on a combination of wait time and FP return time. Which ever combo works to get us through both the quickest then we get an FP and ride the other.

This year though will likely be different. Its likely we'll grab an FP for Toy Story Mania and then ride the shortest wait of RnRC or TOT, and fit in the other with an FP or wait for another day with our Park Hoppers.

mdhiggin
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
TSM is pretty far away from ToT and RnRC. You could get a FP for TSM and a couple hours later get one for one of the other two. We made all 3 rides in 45 min. on our last trip. Of course, it was after 11 PM, we had one fast pass for ToT, rode that, short line for RnRC, rode that and trucked it across the park to TSM with only 10 min. left to close, toting a 3 year old. TSM was still the longest wait, but only about 15 min. We walked all the way up to Potato Head before we had to stop.

dmosher
10-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree... walk directly to TSM, get a fast pass and if the line is short, get in it. I guarantee you will want to go on it again, and this way you can later. Make sure you get the fast pass even if there is no line ahead of you, as they run out early in the day and like I said you WILL want to go on it again.
:pipes:
D

disneygeek84
10-09-2008, 03:21 PM
What we did on our last trip was jump on TSM first, then when we got off grabbed a FP and then headed to ToT and RnRc. That seemed to work out better for us, but we were second to get on TSM that morning. Everyone else was headed for the FP's, so we went and ahead and got on. When we got off the FP return time was 11, so it wasn't bad.

Mackflava99
10-09-2008, 03:24 PM
TOT- the line moves slower- so go to RRC afterwards-

Iluvpooh
10-09-2008, 09:11 PM
I actually had to read the posts in this thread to realize what you were talking about when you said HS.:blush:

Tink#64
10-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I actually had to read the posts in this thread to realize what you were talking about when you said HS.:blush:

:exactly: :blush: To me it will always be MGM! :oops: :D

CaptSmee
10-10-2008, 12:10 AM
It used to be TOT & RNR, get a fastpass for one, ride the other. Now it's going to be get a fastpass for Toy Story, and probably ride Great Movie Ride while waiting for my time to come up...

TheWizofDiz
10-10-2008, 10:20 AM
We always try and get there as soon as they let you in the park and move right to RnRRC...then over to ToT. We rarely "burn" a FP untill we have to...sometimes we re-ride again right then and then move on to other things in the HS...:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
We always get a fastpass for RNRC first thing at park opening and ride ToT, standby line. We've never waited long at all to get on ToT first thing in the morning. Our fastpass window is usually getting ready to open up as we are getting off ToT. This past summer we were able to do these two rides and then walk over to Toy Story Mania and get in the standby line. We were done with all 3 rides in under 2 hours.

King Triton
10-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Just a side note...I've heard from a CM that Disney recognizes the problems with the TSM wait times and they're definitely looking into ways to improve the queue area, wait times, etc.

JavaDuck
10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I was there in August, a I would say 2/3 of the crowd heads to TSM. My suggestion is to head to TSM grab a fast pass and then get in line for TSM. You will want to ride it again.

The wait times for RNRC and TOT varied throughout the day. RNRC always had the longest wait lines, we used the single rider line a few times. TOT never really got over 45 minutes.

If you decide to skip TSM, I suggest fast passing TOT, you have to walk by the machines on the way to RNRC and then ride RNRC first.

Crow
10-12-2008, 03:33 AM
TOT
RnR has a single line that works out well

kemps@wdw
10-14-2008, 12:03 AM
I LOVE RRC but don't really care for TOT. So, I go to RCC 1st thing and get FPs for everyone in our party (while they go on TOT). I can usually ride RRC at least twice, once I get all the FPs. Then I hook-up w/my gang outside TOT, and then go on RRC again w/everyone else w/FP. Then we move on to the rest of the park!:thumbsup:

Greenlawler
10-14-2008, 12:41 AM
I agree... walk directly to TSM, get a fast pass and if the line is short, get in it. I guarantee you will want to go on it again, and this way you can later. Make sure you get the fast pass even if there is no line ahead of you, as they run out early in the day and like I said you WILL want to go on it again.
:pipes:
D

Thats what we do exactly! When your fast pass expires get one for RCC.

Marilyn Michetti
10-14-2008, 12:51 AM
TOT for sure ! Since DH doesn't ride, I do the singles line.:thumbsup:

kelly.garrett
10-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Definitely ToT!

Tinkerbella16
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Head right to TSM at park opening for a fastpass and get into the standby line so I can actually take in the cool queue I keep hearing about. Then make my way over to Sunset Blvd and fastpass RnRC and standby ToT...the line for ToT always goes quicker than RnRC. :mickey:

DisneyDoug2
10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
We head right to RRC, nothing like start the day off with a high speed launch followed by a bunch of flashes!

WDWPRIME
10-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Magic of Disney Animation.

Hehehe.
:secret:

indytraveler
10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
TSM opens up a whole new dilemma. I would FP TSM and ride right away. Then go to RNRRC or TOT and ride whichever has shortest line. Then as I got off the 2nd ride FP my favorite of the 2 which should be at least an hour after I got in the park and be ready for the rest of the day.