PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Ride Question

fischer
10-09-2008, 10:31 AM
:mickey My girls are 4 and they are tall enough to ride ( I think) but I would like to know some opinions on this. Also, what is the height restriction? Thank everyone in advance.

Wayne
10-09-2008, 10:46 AM
You can find the height restrictions for all of the WDW attractions right here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/rideheight.asp) at Intercot Info Central.

If your child is the appropriate height then it shouldn't be a problem... if they want to ride. If they don't, then don't push them to do it.

lighteningqueen
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
My grandson loved that ride he was 4 last year. He asked me yesterday if we could ride that ride first. Its so calm all the way to the end. Then the drop. But even me miss big scardy cat loves this ride.He was 42" I believe..

wdwfansince75
10-09-2008, 11:31 AM
DGD#3 (8) considers Splash as her favorite ride....She rode it as soon as her height permitted....think she was 5. Other grandkids rode Splash on their first trip, or as soon as they were tall enough. Think DGD#2 and DGS#2 both rode it on their first trip, at age 4....and DGS #3 was the same age when he rode it for the first time. DGS#1 and DGD#2 made their first trips at 6 and 8, and loved Splash from the first ride. Looking forward to riding Splash with DGS #4, who was at WDW for his first trip this year at 6 months.

The splash quickly gets them over the fear of the plunge....the screams turn into "Did you get soaked too Grandpa?"....and, of course, I always do, which somehow makes them laugh.....Also, for most of the grandkids, having Uncle Steve, (their favorite Disney Character) in the log, singing the ride song, makes the ride even more fun.

Jeff
10-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Take them to the end and watch for a bit and POINT OUT that the boat does not go into the briars but under it. Show them the tunnel under the briars.

My neice wouldn't go with us for 2 years because she thought, as only a child can, that the boat came down into "those big thorns". Once she realized that it didn't do that she was fine.