PDA

View Full Version : Suite Life on Deck -- Discussion

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
The guy who thought that "Suite Life On Deck" (The new Zack and Cody series) should be FIRED from Disney.

WHAT HIGH SCHOOL IS ON A LUXURY CRUISE LINER!?

Pirate Granny
10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw the previews...spoiled, rich kids on vacation is more like it...

NotaGeek
10-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Hmmm. So we are upset because Disney has a TV show on that has nothing to do with real life and just shows wealthy kids doing basically whatever they want? This is a TV show ... and sounds pretty much like 90% of all shows on television, so I am not sure what the question is.

If this is just a bashing thread on Zach and Cody, at least there hasn't been any horrible stories about them in the press.

3AMommy
10-09-2008, 12:34 AM
My kids are die hard Zack and Cody fans...we are a bit disappointed in the new Suite Life on Deck. The writing seems different from the first show and we don't think the new girl has the same chemistry with the cast as Ashley Tisdale did.

BUT...that being said, my kids crack up during the whole show. It is fun, light-hearted, wholesome, and silly. I don't have to worry that there will be inappropriate commercials on during breaks. I have never heard a bad word about Dylan or Cole Sprouse in the media.

I think there are many worse shows out there that kids are watching.

I say keep Suite Life of Deck...just kick the writing up a notch for moms and dads, please:)

3AMommy

tinkwest
10-09-2008, 12:41 AM
The premise of original Suite Life isn't really any less realistic. It's meant to be fun & silly, not true to life.

Next thing you know they will come up with a show about a teenage girl that leads a secret life as a famous singer. Oh, wait . . .

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-09-2008, 01:58 AM
WHAT HIGH SCHOOL IS ON A LUXURY CRUISE LINER!?

Any fellow Canadians remember "Breaker High"? I used to love that. Exact same premise. Great characters, though.

I think it only lasted one or two seasons, though. :(

Chris :hatter:

Melanie
10-09-2008, 03:04 AM
The premise of original Suite Life isn't really any less realistic. It's meant to be fun & silly, not true to life.

Exactly. And I can think of a jazillion shows (from all networks) in the past that were equally unrealistic.

Ian
10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Exactly. And I can think of a jazillion shows (from all networks) in the past that were equally unrealistic.You said it, Mel ... I seem to remember a show back in the 80's about a talking car? Yeah, that was a lot more realistic than this ...

Also, you've got the plot wrong. It's not "a high school on a luxury cruise." They're aboard the S.S. Tipton, which is a new cruise ship that London's father launched. Zach and Cody are on board because their mother was hired to sing in the lounge.

There's no "high school" involved.

Oh hey, Mel? How many zeros are there in a a jazillion? ;)

LauraleeH
10-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Eh, I think we're seriously lacking in the show department anyways. I used to love Disney Channel...In A Heartbeat, So Weird, and Bug Juice!! Those were entertaining and NOT ridiculous or annoying. And the movies used to be good and worth watching...Tru Confessions, Tiger Cruise, etc...
Now we have...another Cheetah movie? :sick:
Everyone says it started with Lizzie McGuire, but oh, how I miss Lizzie :cloud9:
THOSE were the good days :thumbsup:

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
it's not that it's no realistic, i get that its a kids TV show

its just such a silly premise.

Melanie
10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
its just such a silly premise.

And Gilligan's Island wasn't?

weswerx
10-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I like it...I think it's funny...that's all that matters to me
If I want reality, I'd go to work....ughhh!

TinkerbellT421
10-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I cant really have an opinion here I have never seen the show. But I agree with some of the responses like whoever it was the mentioned Gilligans Island. Im the girl who reads Stephen King books, horror movies, I love the show Smallville (Superman spin-off) and shows/movies like Terminator, Sarah Connor Chronicles about robots! lol....I agree with the above poster...If I wanted true reality all I have to do is walk outside of my house or watch the news...sometimes life needs a break from "reality" with silly shows and movies to make us laugh or for the moment not stress out about life and issues we cant change. So I go with...have all the crazy shows and movies we can afford to see! Im all about a good laugh :-) :mickey:

Momof2boys
10-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I seem to remember a show back in the 80's about a talking car? Yeah, that was a lot more realistic than this ...

Which has been updated and has returned for the fall 2008 season.

pink
10-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Eh, I think we're seriously lacking in the show department anyways. I used to love Disney Channel...In A Heartbeat, So Weird, and Bug Juice!! Those were entertaining and NOT ridiculous or annoying. And the movies used to be good and worth watching...Tru Confessions, Tiger Cruise, etc...
Now we have...another Cheetah movie?
Everyone says it started with Lizzie McGuire, but oh, how I miss Lizzie
THOSE were the good days

I miss all of those shows too. :mickey:

michelLe x3
10-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I still like the show even though it's on a cruise & like most people said before none of the shows on Disney Channel are very realistic. I really really miss the old shows though like Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire I wish Disney would make another channel that plays the old shows ..I'm sure a lot of people would watch it !

tinksmom02
10-12-2008, 05:51 PM
You said it, Mel ... I seem to remember a show back in the 80's about a talking car? Yeah, that was a lot more realistic than this ...

Also, you've got the plot wrong. It's not "a high school on a luxury cruise." They're aboard the S.S. Tipton, which is a new cruise ship that London's father launched. Zach and Cody are on board because their mother was hired to sing in the lounge.

There's no "high school" involved.

Oh hey, Mel? How many zeros are there in a a jazillion? ;)

No, they're (supposedly) on the ship for school. The mom isn't there...she was able to afford the tuition because of her employee discount. The mom was only on the show for the first episode. There are classrooms and stuff onboard. I'd hate to be the paying guests on that cruise!

(DD6 watches it).

And "that talking car show" from the 80's has been remade just recently. Haven't seen that one, though.

ncscgirl2005
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
I still like the show even though it's on a cruise & like most people said before none of the shows on Disney Channel are very realistic. I really really miss the old shows though like Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire I wish Disney would make another channel that plays the old shows ..I'm sure a lot of people would watch it !

Oh yeah...that would be good. I loved Even Stevens and Lizzie!

I was a already grown when these shows were on the air.

ncscgirl2005
10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
No, they're (supposedly) on the ship for school. The mom isn't there...she was able to afford the tuition because of her employee discount. The mom was only on the show for the first episode. There are classrooms and stuff onboard. I'd hate to be the paying guests on that cruise!

(DD6 watches it).

And "that talking car show" from the 80's has been remade just recently. Haven't seen that one, though.

Thats what I thought. DDs saw the episode where London was "forgotten" on Parrot Island (?) and they had to turn the boat around to go find her. The teacher on board turned it into an educational field study or something to that nature.

My DDs don't care for the show at all. The new girl's acting reminds me of a young Mischa Barton.

PittFan
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
High school kids going to school on a luxury cruise liner ... that's almost as absurd as high school kids breaking into song and dance during a basketball game or while working in the kitchen at a country club. :laughing: It's only entertainment. Take it for what it is.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 01:10 AM
What an awful plot- but my kids llike it?

I guess Ashley Tisdale jumped overboard....