PDA

View Full Version : Disney Mania Question # 18

KAT1811
10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
While in Disney you are appearing in a travel documentary as a special guest expert on Walt Disney World and the host has just told you that she does not like stage shows and mostly skips them while in Walt Disney World. During the interview you are touring the various Disney parks and happen to be entering Animal Kingdom at this time. You are convinced that you can change her outlook on stage shows and to do so you are going to take her to . . .

Your two chioces are The Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo the Musical. Which show to you go to and why?

Disney Mania Question # 19 will appear tomorrow in the Accommodations

cfoshe
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I work for an event center and for me it is the Finding Nemo. The Loin king is good, but the color and the action that goes on in Finding Nemo is good.

Tbelle1976
10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Sad to say, but I saw Lion King for the first time this year and thought it was fabulous!

MickeysEars
10-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Festival--It is just more lively

glenpreece
10-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Nemo was awful!!! We had to leave a 3rd way through it was so screechy etc.The songs were forced. LK is better cause it actually is a musical to start with.

yjgirl32
10-09-2008, 09:16 AM
I LOVED the Lion King Show- it was so lively and colorful- full of action- humor. Great great show.

Imagineer1981
10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I have plenty of mixed review on Nemo. I personally thought it was very cool and I know I will get killed for this, but way better than Tarzan Rocks

c&d
10-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Haven't seen Lion King in the past few times down but I really enjoyed it. I think I need to see it again.

ariel326
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd skip Nemo anytime...need Tarzan back.

ThanxForNoticin
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Festival of the Lion King is one of Disney's best shows ever. We've seen it probably 25 times, and I'll look forward to it again the next time we go.

DDuck66
10-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Festival of the Lion King is one of Disney's best shows ever. We've seen it probably 25 times, and I'll look forward to it again the next time we go.

Well said. I liked Nemo, but Festival is one of the all time best (IMHO). It is remarkable how many people are in the Broadway version of the Lion King, that have also stared in Festival.

bertasso59
10-10-2008, 11:22 PM
This was easy for him,I love the pageantry and booming voices and acrobatics of LK.However,I was very dissapointed in Nemo.I thought the songs in the show were below par,but the puppetry was still well done.
Having Nemo take over Living Seas is more than enough for me.

Catwillow
10-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I LOVE the interactiveness (is that a word??...lol) that Lion King has. I think the music, colors, and whole production is captivating. Not that Nemo isn't an awesom production---because it is. I think the guest interaction is what really pulls it for me.

RAIDER
10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Finding Nemo as i could watch that time and time again ,while the Lion King for me was "ok" :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
10-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I guess I might be in the miniority here. But I think if I had to choose one I would go for Finding nemo....I dont really have a definite answer as why I liked that show better than the LK. But I did I enjoyed it a lot more than LK. LK is good and fun and interative and everything but I just really love the whole Nemo premise as an entirety...I love Nemo and I love the show...so yea I would have to go with that! :mickey:

mainemajor
10-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Saw Lion King on last trip and now it is a must see for DW and me.:simba:

kbean
10-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Lion King because their is not enuf of it at Disney. Finding Nemo is at two parks....it's a good movie...but enuf already. Kinda played out.

IloveDisney71
10-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I love the Festival of the Lion King. It is a must see for me. It offers a little bit of everything from singing, dancing, acrobatics, "flying", etc.
I enjoyed the puppetry of Nemo, but I think the Lion King is livelier.

Imagineer1981
10-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Lion King because their is not enuf of it at Disney. Finding Nemo is at two parks....it's a good movie...but enuf already. Kinda played out.

I bet people would say the same about Lion King. It had a puppet show for the longest time, has its own show at AK and makes cameos in plenty of other attractions.

CU Tiger
10-13-2008, 12:29 PM
We like the Lion King much better!:thumbsup::mickey:

jwallace378
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Festival of Lion King:thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
10-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Lion King! It is a must see for us.

Daisy712
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
I always get tears in my eyes from Festival of the Lion King. It is so moving. We see it every time we visit WDW .:crying:

kemps@wdw
10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Festival is more audience interactive. And simply an all-around better show. Don't see the need for a Nemo "puppet" show in AK when there is a wonderful Nemo attraction in Epcot.

badkitty
10-13-2008, 11:12 PM
I voted for FOTLK because I believe it is the best stage show at WDW. It has everything that a stage show should have in a theme park. It is a great 1/2 hour display of a variety of non-stop entertainment and a mega-mix of favorite Lion King songs. Lively and colorful, I think it surpasses Finding Nemo, the Musical. That is not to say that I do not like Nemo. I think Nemo is very creative and I have seen it many times but the music had to "grow" on me. The Nemo puppetry is amazing and the cast is very versatile and talented but the FOTLK cast goes over the top. If I only have time for one show, I choose FOTLK.

grumpyguy
10-14-2008, 08:58 AM
lion king is great :thumbsup: and i was part of the show on our last trip!!!!

thumperbug
10-14-2008, 06:27 PM
My family and I are not fans of AK but every trip we go to AK to make sure we see Lion King.

My son will only sit in the Lion section, he has to be near the back so he can stand and dance and not bother anyone.

We saw Nemo...my son was more excited watching Nemo and Dory float around the bubble screens pre-show then that actual show.

DisneyDoug2
10-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I have to go with The Lion King, great show very interactive and the kids love the songs.

indytraveler
10-15-2008, 10:19 AM
voted for Finding Nemo because I liked the movie better. Both shows are good but Nemo is just as good if not better in my book.

LarryBoy
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Nemo is very visually appealing, but the music and actors got on my nerves. Lion King on the other hand has one of the best soundtracks ever, and it is very unique in it's presentation.
Lion King gets my vote! :number1:

AmandaChan
10-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that The Lion King is kind of boring? It's sweet and they put a lot of effort into it but it certainly does not keep my attention. The acrobats are neat but it's repetitive. I love Finding Nemo because there are so many colors and things going on and the whole show isn't driven by jumping acrobats only. That is just my opinion.

:dory:

Mousemates
10-16-2008, 09:45 AM
festival of the lion king...butprobably more for nostalgia than anything else...we have some great pics with both of our kids when they were small doing the parade thing.

KAT1811
10-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting the next Disney Mania Question. Things have been exceptionally crazy around here!

As some of you may know we have three beautiful daughters and are expecting a fourth child in March. Today we found out that we are having a BOY!!!! DH is beside himself with excitement!!! Finally some company for him in the land of females!!! I am still in awe, a boy, wow!!! We are all so excited to venture into the world of blue, trucks, cars, and football; afterall we live in a sea of pink and frills!!!

Disney Mania Question #19 can be found in the Dining Section (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=20) of Intercot!

Bethanymouse
10-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Finding Nemo! We were not impressed with the lion king show last summer.