PDA

View Full Version : Dumbo AM EMH Question

deva
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
I am planning on visiting the Magic Kingdom in the morning of an EMH day. I plan to get there at rope-drop. My daughter likes Dumbo. My initial plan was to take her to Dumbo first.

After looking at the EMH rides and planning a bit, I realized I was planning on doing FantasyLand first, then Tomorrowland for Buzz Lightyear only, then going to the Haunted Mansion.

I then thought that a better idea would be to go to Buzz Lightyear first, then Dumbo/Fantasyland, then Haunted Mansion, which saves a lot of doubling back.

My question is:

Does the line for Dumbo get big right away during AM EMH, or do I have time to hit Buzz Lightyear first and then make my way to Dumbo? I've heard horror stories about the Dumbo line & don't want to have to wait too long in it. Will it be bad if I get in line at 8:20, or should I go right at 8:00? How much longer will it be at 8:20 than 8:00?

pooh0601
10-08-2008, 04:14 PM
You are much better off doing Dumbo first, and hitting Buzz between 8:20 and 9:00. Worst case you are looking at 10 mins at Buzz. But come 8:20, 8:30, Dumbo can be a 20 minute wait. At least with Buzz, you'll be in line inside with A/C. Plus you can always get a Buzz fast pass if absolutely necessary. Peter Pan gets a pretty long line too if you wait too long to go on it.

Goes4FastPass
10-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Dumbo First along with Winnie, Peter Pan and the Teacups.

Then HauntedM and Splash and BTMRR.

Then you can make you way back to Buzz - it has a faster moving line than the Fantasy Land headliners.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I'd definitely do Dumbo first and then anything else you wanted to in Fantasyland. Those lines always seem to be the longest any time of day. We've gone on Buzz later in the evening with absolutely no waiting.

sisterdisco
10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Definitely do DUMBO 1st thing.
There are only about 16 dumbo cars, as opposed to the Buzz ride which is continual motion. Thus.....Dumbo will move many less people per hour than other rides, making the wait time longer.

We have found virtually no wait at Aladdin's Carpet Ride, and the Dino (dumbo like) ride at AK. Same ride.......no wait......thus, we skip Dumbo.

Tink#64
10-08-2008, 11:31 PM
:dumbo:Dumbo 1st! It's a cycle ride, which means that it loads, rides, unloads & repeats! Lines become quite long very early! FL is usually the 1st destination of parents with young children & since these are their fav attractions they'd be very disappointed if you didn't get to experience them! Pooh & Peter Pan lines can be fairly long too! When my DS's were younger, FL was always 1st! Now that they don't ride Dumbo anymore we can be more flexible! We usually start one day in TL with BL & then our 2nd day we start with FL & BTMRR & SplM.

Buzz is a continuous loading ride & the wait times aren't as bad as Dumbo & there are FP's available, but not for Dumbo!

Imagineer1981
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
man, I am dreading having to do Dumbo with my DS. I know it will be great...but the line, the lines!!!