PDA

View Full Version : EMH and Resort ID's

snuggs30
10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok, I am sure some of you have been there very recent, so what are they doing? Wristbands or id's? If so do we have to show for everyone in the family? :confused::mad:

BigRedDad
10-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I have heard room keys and they are checking the dates on them. I think it is a little foolish because many people have charging privileges on their room keys. My understanding is each ride or attraction you have to show the key to get in line.

medic9016
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I have heard room keys and they are checking the dates on them. I think it is a little foolish because many people have charging privileges on their room keys. My understanding is each ride or attraction you have to show the key to get in line.

That is correct. We were there a week ago. Some CM check the date and some do not. The wristbands were so much easier and faster. Some people had the card on a lanyard which was not too bad. I kept ours in a zipper pocket on my shorts. Some people had to dig there card out of a backpack or baby bag they left on the stroller, while one person went back to the stroller the rest of the party just stood there in front of the rest of us waiting.

crazeedizneefinatic
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I have to say I am definatley not a fan of the new system. We just got back on Sunday. I had some CM's check and some not. At the mexicao pavillion my husband misplaced our cards, they slide down in the front pocket of our bag and he was frantically digging. The CM just waved us on. Now we were able to produce them finally but she did not even look at them. This new system is definately a way for non resort guests to get away with EMH. They may not be able to ride everything but ride most. At least from our experience half checked and half just waved us on. It's an awful system for the CM's and also the guests.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 07:58 PM
We were at MK on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago and not once did they check our resort ID! A few nights earlier when it wasn't as busy they were checking the IDs. Bring back the wristbands!!!! No one can tell me that ALL those people there on a Saturday night were resort guests.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
In Entertainment, we stopped caring. If they don't wanna make our jobs easier by providing wristbands, we are letting everyone meet the characters for EMH. I'm not going to hold up my character's set times checking IDs.

BigRedDad
10-09-2008, 01:23 AM
I hope I don't run into this and it is resolved before we go in a few weeks. I think it is unfair to sell people on WDW resorts for late entrances at a park only to allow anyone to abuse it. I say bring back E-Ride night where resort guests had to purchase the after hours wristbands.

Tinkerfreak
10-09-2008, 09:22 AM
They advertise that if you are staying at a Disney resort you are allowed to stay in the park for up to 3 hours after closing. It does not say that you will be allowed to ride the rides for an extra 3 hours. ANYONE WHO IS NOT A DISNEY RESORT GUEST SHOULD BE MADE TO LEAVE PERIOD!!!!!! They should not be allowed to stay and shop or get autographes or anything, they should have to leave the park. If people knew that Disney was really enforcing this they would be less likely to try to get away with it. I think off site guests are led to believe that they are allowed to stay in the park as long as they don't try to ride the rides. Now word will be spreading that if they just pretend not to be able to find their card they will just be waved right by and will be able to ride. If Disney is going to advertise a perk for staying at a Disney Resort they should enforce it.
Off:soapbox:

Imagineer1981
10-09-2008, 09:48 AM
I would think that if Disney gets enough complaints...and this board has plenty already, that this system will change soon

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Trust me when I say we feel the same way.

It's just that they want to make things harder for us by not putting out wristbands so I'm not going to sit there and wait forever while the person looks. And it's not like the characters are ones you can't find during regular hours - they are the VIP's so I'm not too bothered.

Bring back the bands and make it easier.