PDA

View Full Version : I've moved on to the next round of Mom's Panel Selection!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-07-2008, 01:56 PM
:thumbsup:
I did it again!!! :jaw:
I just got my email a few minutes ago. I have been selected (again) to move on to the next round of essays. :woohoo: I hope I make the Mom's Panel this time. It says that if selected as a finalist, there will be a phone interview the week of October 27th. If selected as a panelist after that, the training will be Dec 5-9. OH THE AGONY!!!

Time to put my thinking cap on, pull out my thesaurus and get writing :geek: :write:

Anyone else hear back??????

ILoveLegos
10-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Congratulations, maybe two times a charm! Make us Intercoteers proud!!! :mickey:

disneymom15
10-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Wow, good luck.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Congrats!

snuggs30
10-07-2008, 02:42 PM
:clappy:WOW that is so exciting! Good for you!! I hope you make it!!! Keep us posted! :tink:A little pixie power for your brain!! :wishes::woohoo:

SBETigg
10-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Yay, Jennifer! Cool news. I hope you make it this time. Best wishes. :mickey:

KylesMom
10-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Most excellent, Jennifer. Lots of :tink: and positive thoughts to get you on that panel! :mickey:

cer
10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow. That is so cool! :mickey:

Momof2boys
10-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Good luck Jennifer ! Plenty of :pixie: heading your way :mickey:

Jenemmy
10-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Good for you....you deserve it after coming soooo close last year!:mickey:

Here's hoping some more Intercoters get the good news:D

SAHDad
10-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Congrats. Good luck with the second round - hopefully you make it this time.

If they sent out all the second round notices at the same time, I am almost certainly out of the running then. I am hoping that those trickle out over the next day or so.

pixiesmimi
10-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Congratulations! :pixie:

Last year, didn't they send out rejection notices too about the same time? I haven't heard anything. Maybe we will hear one way or another in a couple of days.
:fingers:

SAHDad
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Congratulations! :pixie:

Last year, didn't they send out rejection notices too about the same time? I haven't heard anything. Maybe we will hear one way or another in a couple of days.
:fingers:
I think they sent everything out over a couple days, acceptance and rejection both. I'd look, but I am in the process of switching emails (and yes, I used my new one for the app, I just haven't cleaned out the archives from the old), but I'm pretty sure that the whole process took about 3 days.

(I'm honestly thinking that I should have DW apply next year - she probably has a slightly better chance of being accepted than I do.)

ljv1975
10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
:congrats:

I also got the e-mail today. Good luck in this next round. I'm so excited to have advanced and I'm sure you are too!!

:pixie: :pixie: Here's hoping more people on Intercot get good news!!

SBETigg
10-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Oh cool, Amber! Very exciting. Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

mouseketeer mom
10-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Terrific! That is excellent and so exciting! Sending lots of pixie dust to you both!!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2008, 08:34 AM
:congrats:

I also got the e-mail today. Good luck in this next round. I'm so excited to have advanced and I'm sure you are too!!

:pixie: :pixie: Here's hoping more people on Intercot get good news!!

YEAH!!!! Good luck to you! I'm so determined to have an Intercotee on there this year. May the force be with you!:yoda:

5fromabove
10-08-2008, 02:24 PM
:party: I made round 2 (again) also. :party: :mickey:

I only made it to round 2 last time, and am hoping the second time is a charm for me as well. :)

Wishing you both the best.

Faver
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
That's great!!!! :mickey: And if I remember correctly, the application process was a bit more lengthy this time...... Great Job:number1:

:party: Wishing you all the best!!!!

ljv1975
10-08-2008, 02:46 PM
YEAH!!!! Good luck to you! I'm so determined to have an Intercotee on there this year. May the force be with you!:yoda:

Thank you! May the force be with you as well! :yoda:

:party: I made round 2 (again) also. :party:

I only made it to round 2 last time, and am hoping the second time is a charm for me as well. :)

Congratulations and Good Luck!! :pixie:

I submitted my responses this morning. I stayed up late last night after DD and DS went to sleep and worked on my answers forever! :fingers: Here's hoping we all move on! :pixie:

ILoveLegos
10-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I was the second one to reply to this post I'd like to extend my best wishes to all the 2nd round potential Mom's Panelists (in the order of their postings):
1. Jennifer_and_Chris
2. ljv1975
3. 5fromabove
:congrats::wishes::tiphat::pixie::mickey2:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
:party: I made round 2 (again) also. :party: :mickey:

YEAH!!! 3 of us now!!! i don't remember though, how many people are in round 2 and round 3. hmmmm... what were the numbers again?

Dr. Disney
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I am so jealous! In fact, I haven't received any response yet (good or bad) :mickey: Good luck to the three of you... I would love to have Intercot represented! :number1:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I just sent in my 2nd round essay answers. Now the torturous waiting begins. I'm so nervous. I find myself reading my answers over and over wondering if it was enough. Oh well... :marg:

ljv1975
10-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Good luck Jennifer! I submitted mine last week. I've been thinking about it every day, lol! However, I've decided that whether I make it to the next round or not, I answered the questions the best I could and I don't think I would change anything. We'll just have to wait and see!

dlpmikki
10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Congratulations and good luck on the next round to you all!

SAHDad
10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Good luck to everyone who made the second round. :tink: I never heard back, so it looks like I have to wait another year. :(

SBETigg
10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm so excited for our finalists! I hope you all make it. Jennifer, I just know you're going to do it this time. :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Good luck to everyone who made the second round. :tink: I never heard back, so it looks like I have to wait another year. :(

I never heard anything back either. Has anyone gotten a "rejection" notice yet? Maybe they aren't doing that this time.

Congratulations to all of you that have been put through. :congrats:

5fromabove
10-15-2008, 10:53 PM
I just sent in my 2nd round essay answers. Now the torturous waiting begins. I'm so nervous. I find myself reading my answers over and over wondering if it was enough. Oh well... :marg:

Good luck Jennifer! I submitted mine last week. I've been thinking about it every day, lol! However, I've decided that whether I make it to the next round or not, I answered the questions the best I could and I don't think I would change anything. We'll just have to wait and see!

Good luck Jennifer and Amber. We should probably hear soon, huh? I submitted mine last week as well. I too am anxious and excited. Wishing you both the best. :)

LoriSan
10-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm another one that hasn't heard yay or nay.

Congrats to those who made it to round 2!

KylesMom
10-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I just got my "official" rejection letter - has anyone been updated on moving on? That's probably a pretty silly question if they are still interviewing, huh - I'd guess you wouldn't be able to tell us at this point! Good luck to all who made it into the next round! :mickey:

ILoveLegos
10-21-2008, 04:48 PM
:mickey: Add me to the "officially rejected" list too! :blush: No worries, I'm not even a mom anyway. I must add Disney is a class act - they added the very nice gesture that now thise who entered the contest qualify to be a member of the Mickey Moms Club next year too! :cloud9:
For me it was fun dreamin' for a while about being a member of the mom's panel, but I am living my real dreams already - I can't complain.

Continued best wishes to those "second round hopefuls" - May all your Disney Dreams Come True!

SAHDad
10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Good luck to the second round hopefuls. I got my "Thanks but blah blah blah" email too. :(

pixiesmimi
10-22-2008, 10:49 AM
That's weird. I haven't gotten anything one way or another. Good luck all!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I haven't gotten word either way yet. Those who are chosen to go on to the next round will receive an email the week of the 27th (I have to wait another few days????? the agony!!!!!!) to schedule a phone interview. I believe the panel will be chosen and notified by November 15thish (this date seems to be in my head so I may be wrong). And the "training" trip is set for December 5-9.

why do i torture myself like this????? I think I've aged a few years because of this. :D

CUZ I LOVE DISNEY....... :thumbsup:

ljv1975
10-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I know how you feel Jennifer! I keep checking my e-mail, hoping to see something from Disney. :blush:
Yesterday, I got something from Disney Shopping, which made my heart skip a beat - until I realized what it was. :thedolls: LOL.

I came across another board where a lot of people are waiting to hear back. They're speculating we may hear tomorrow since phone interviews start Monday. Hopefully we'll hear soon! :fingers:

ILoveLegos
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Heads up! Round three notifications are going out now via e-mail!!! :mickey:

ljv1975
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
I got the e-mail to move on to round 3! :yay: Of course now I'm completely freaking out about the phone interview. :unsure:

I'm hoping that Jennifer and 5fromabove also received e-mails!! :fingers:

ILoveLegos
10-23-2008, 04:19 PM
:congrats: ljv1975 :congrats: - Go Intercotee, make us proud!!!

LottaLubes
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi - just wanted to check in and announce I also moved on to round 3. Good luck to all who moved on! :thumbsup:

5fromabove
10-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I got the e-mail to move on to round 3! :yay: Of course now I'm completely freaking out about the phone interview. :unsure:

I'm hoping that Jennifer and 5fromabove also received e-mails!! :fingers:

Hi - just wanted to check in and announce I also moved on to round 3. Good luck to all who moved on! :thumbsup:

Congratulations, Amber and LottaLubes!! I also am moving on to round 3!!! :party: :mickey: I'm SO excited!!

Let's hope we hear from Jennifer soon too!!

:)

ljv1975
10-23-2008, 06:04 PM

Congratulations, Amber and LottaLubes!! I also am moving on to round 3!!! :party: :mickey: I'm SO excited!!

Let's hope we hear from Jennifer soon too!!

:)

Congratulations and Good Luck to you both! I'm so happy for you! I hope we all make it through to the end!!! :pixie:

Tinktwin
10-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Congratulations! :thumbsup: I applied as well and made it to round 2 but I haven't heard anything so I guess I didn't move to the next round. I'm really disappointed:( but I guess there's always next year. Good luck to all of those who made it to round 3 and please continue to post so we know how it's going.
Kelly :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm crushed. :fit: I didn't receive a round 3 email. I was out on Friday and didn't check my emails until today. I'm holding on to the hope that work blocked the email and that I can go and search for the email and have it released. (no email from WDW has been blocked before but, a girl can hope can't she???)

Everything happens for a reason and there's always next year right?

So for those of you who made it, I will have to live vicariously through you! Details, details, I need details! Good Luck to those of you who moved to the next round. I'll be rooting for you... remember the little people!!! :thumbsup:

Tinktwin
10-27-2008, 01:21 AM
Jennifer,
I'm really sorry that you did not receive "the email" either. I am hoping that you find the email in your blocked items soon. I keep hoping that maybe they sent the emails out in cycles and mine is yet to come. :shrug: I know that is highly unlikey but as you said a girl can always hope right! I keep telling myself that there is always next year but it is still so disappointing. :( Anyway, thanks for posting and letting us know and again I truly hope that "the email" is there for you.
Kelly

5fromabove
10-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Oh, Jennifer, I'm so sorry. :( I know how much you were looking forward to this. :( I will keep good thoughts that it is still in your in-box somewhere. :( Keep us posted.

ljv1975
10-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Jennifer - I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't heard back yet. :( I could tell how much this meant to you. :hug: :hug:

Please let us know if you hear anything!

pixiesmimi
10-27-2008, 09:18 AM
We're still hoping with you! :)

I still haven't even received a rejection letter yet. I think I fell off the radar altogether. :blush:

countrycharmer
11-04-2008, 07:34 AM
I applied on the very first day and to this very email have not heard anything! Nothing in spams, etc., and really thought I would at least have heard something.