PDA

View Full Version : 347 Days - Coronado Springs here we come!!!

Marker
10-07-2008, 09:38 AM
347 days might not sound like it should cause much excitement, but I'm absolutely thrilled to have that timer ticking.

Actually I booked with the bounce back before I left POP in September, but I just got off the phone upgrading it to CSR. It was my daughter's idea, and choice. She pays her half of the trip, but figured with a year to plan we might she'd be ok with the additional cost. We did settle for a standard view, but then we usually do no matter what resort we're at.

AND, this will complete my set of Moderate resorts. After this stay I will have stayed at all of the moderate resorts as well as all of the value resorts..... oops, I forgot that the Fort Wilderness Cabins are now considered moderate now, guess I'll have to put them on my list.

Anyway.... I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!! September 20-27, CSR, Free Dining. Can't wait to make my ADRs.

snuggs30
10-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Good for you! I just love the excitement of a trip! I go in 32 days and I am just on :cloud9:!! I have butterflies in my stomach already! haha

c&d
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm jealous, I loved CSR when we stayed there.

Jeff G
10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
That's funny. When I started my computer today my countdown clock was at 347 too.

Congrats on the upgrade. We are at the Pop 9/19 - 9/28 and are bouncing the upgrade idea around. The moderate that sticks out the most is the Corandao so we may be joing you. We'll see what the next year brings to the mortgage industry.

Marker
10-07-2008, 11:17 AM
That cool Jeff. Actually, we discussed going Saturday - Saturday too. Getting home Sunday evening made Monday kind of tough. But we stuck with Sunday.

As for 347, which matches yours even though you're going a day earlier.... I'll admit, right now it says 347 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes. I know, that's almost 348 days, but it still says 347, so that's what I go with.

We overlapped this year at POP too. Maybe I'll have to order a Icot hat this year to wear instead of my worn out NASCAR hat. It might spark up some conversation.

Jeff G
10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
That cool Jeff. Actually, we discussed going Saturday - Saturday too. Getting home Sunday evening made Monday kind of tough. But we stuck with Sunday.

As for 347, which matches yours even though you're going a day earlier.... I'll admit, right now it says 347 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes. I know, that's almost 348 days, but it still says 347, so that's what I go with.

We overlapped this year at POP too. Maybe I'll have to order a Icot hat this year to wear instead of my worn out NASCAR hat. It might spark up some conversation.

We arrive late Saturday and you arrive early Sunday which is 12 hours apart.

Since the airline is the biggest cost and the hotels are all front end loaded on the dining plan we try to stay as long as we can. For example when we we forced to switch airlines in June we added another night to the Pop this year and it cost us only $92 to get another day at the parks, another days worth of free dining meals and the hotel. We may stay through Monday this next trip to maximize the offer, I was dead tired on TUesday back at work but it was worth it.

It's to bad we didn't overlap better this year. We arrived Saturday and since we had enough time the kids decided we should run over to the MK for a while Saturday. We got back around 10:00 but then I had to sit at the front desk for over an hour rearranging the rooms. I did have an intercot hat on but never made it to the pool,

Marker
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Typically, we catch as early a flight as we can so we're in Orlando around 11:30 or so. We use that first day as a definite day in the parks.

While shopping for air fare we considered coming down late Saturday because less expensive air fares were available. But then we found a good fair on Sunday morning.

I'll probably keep my eyes open on that Saturday night option again this time. However, the weekend we leave is our towns annual Fall Festival, and my scout group typically does a fund raiser, plus there's the parade, the beer garden, and the rest of the fun. That's actually the reason we chose Sunday instead of Friday or Saturday.

jrkcr
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I hope you love :heart: CSR as much as we do!! This will be our 4th trip staying there.

I also hope we are offered the bounceback deal...

CSR in 39 days!! :clappy:

vizsla
10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
That's Great. Happy planning :thumbsup: