PDA

View Full Version : most thoughtful/romantic thing done for you?

Tiggerlovr9000
10-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Just sitting here feeling nostalgic about my dh. He is so good to me. One of the most thoughtful things he has done for me happened a few weeks ago. I had a terrible headache at work and called home for someone to bring me some IBProfren. When my daughters arrived I noticed all of the pills had been broken in half, when I asked my dd why she said my dh had broken them because he knows they are hard for me to swallow. Even though it was such a little thing it made me feel so special and everytime I think about it I almost cry.:blush: Sappy huh!! What's your stories..

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-07-2008, 01:56 AM
I hear ya. Its always "the little" things that count. Its funny that this topic should come up, my girlfriend said she was recently talking about me at work to her coworkers and her coworker said her boyfriend was goign out to the bar with his friends tonight and not doing anything with her. Crystal (my girlfriend) said back to her that I'm not at all like that (which is true) and that it's the little things: the flowers I surprise her with, delivered to her house...the poems I write...the surprises in the mail box when she comes home from work (concert tickets, for example) that she really appreciates me for.

As for her doing something back...I dont even know where to begin it's so tough. But one that sticks out is after I drop her off when we meet for lunch, and then I drive back to my office, I'll check my dreaded voicemail at work but to my surprise - Crystal has left a sweet message saying she had an awesome time at lunch and can't wait until I call her when I get home from work.

And we haven't ever dropped the "L" word to each other, besides a couple of cards...oh when and how do you say it to a woman's face for the first time?! I'm scared at what her reaction will be...but...am sure I'm wanting to say it - hopefully soon! :)

Chris :hatter:

TinkerbellT421
10-07-2008, 09:13 AM
It really is all the little things that count. I remember all of them too. All too many to start listing here. But I will mention a few. The times when our "one more month anniversary comes up" he will buy me that many roses...so on our four months together two years ago he bought me four roses....he did that all on his own each time :cloud9: The times he calls me out of the blue just to say "I miss you". He does anything to make me happy. He always notices something I like or want or that I was eyeing in a store and he will buy it for me. Like for my birthday he bought me the Cricut scrapbooking machine :mickey: I Love Lucy entire series dvd collection for christmas :mickey: And one time we went to Foxwoods and stayed the night and out of nowhere he looked at me and said lets go shopping and buy you something nice. Or the times Im sick or not feeling well he will stop at nothing to make sure that Im ok, always ask if I need anything, tucks me in, checks in on me. He always thinks of me when hes shopping, I practically live on Advil so just the other night I went to take some for my migraine and he said, "oh how many are left in there, I will have to get some more soon". Now mind you, he never takes nothing for anything. The only thing he ever takes is Nyquil when hes got the flu. The only reason there is advil there is for me. So he always makes sure he has stock of whatever I use. I love him...AWW I loved this thread just to be able to sit here and think about him :cloud9:

PS-He has a surprise for me planned for when we go to WDW in January! I have no idea what it is and he wont drop any hints. :confused:

disneymom15
10-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Chris,
If you want to say it, just say it. It will be memorable no matter how, when or where you say it.
My husband is so wonderful. I always say, if more people were like him, there would be fewer divorces.

3AMommy
10-07-2008, 10:16 AM
I LOVE this thread!!!

How wonderful to hear spouses and partners talking about how great their SO is!!!!

My husband surprised me with a vow renewal this past June. We went to church like any normal Sunday, only this was the first Sunday after Vacation Bible School (which I was in charge of doing this year).

So our pastor calls me up and gives me a basket of flowers to thank me for doing VBS. Now here is a little backstory...on the last day of VBS we surprised the pastor by attacking him with silly string and totally covering him with it. Maybe not very Christian but certainly very fun...

Okay, so it's Sunday and we're in front of the whole congregation and he says that he always get's paybacks for practical jokes...I am looking for someone to jump out and shoot me with silly string or something when I look to the back of the sanctuary and my mom walks in. Then my dad and stepmother walk in. Then my aunt and uncle. Cousins. Friends. You name it. Like 50 people walk in to the sanctuary and my husband stands up with a bridal bouquet for me (with my favorite hydrandeas).

Well, needless to say, I totally lost it and started crying my eyes out. My DH said that he wanted to renew our vows for our 10th Anniversary and he knew I would want our family to be there.

It was SOOOOO cool. All the ladies in church were crying and later all the men in church were telling my DH that now they have to do something nice for their wives since he showed them up!:D

Good Memories!

3AMommy

SurferStitch
10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
My DH is an amazing man. He has done so many thoughtful and romantic things for me over the years.

The biggest one that stands out in my mind was how he surprised me on my birthday in January of 2005.

I work in NJ, he works in NEPA, so we met after work in Allentown (middle ground) for my birthday dinner after work. We're sitting at the table, and he gives me this envelope. He said it showed up at the house today, and it looks like a wedding invitation.

So, I open it up, and sure enough, it's just like a wedding invitation, but on it it says that we're invited to the Jesky (that's us :D) 9th wedding anniversary at WDW. Reading further, it says that we're staying in the Grand Flo, main building, with dinner at V&A on our anniversary. (He does incredible artwork and has awesome printing equipment, so it was a professionally done invitation).

I started crying, jumped up from the table, and gave him a huge hug. So, I had to wait 8 months for the trip, but it was an amazing birthday gift. He then took me to the mall and gave me a mini shopping spree so I wouldn't only have a card on my B-day.

Just this past weekend we celebrated our 12th anniversary. We had a nice dinner, then he waltzed me into the Swarovski store to pick out anything I wanted! I didn't expect anything since we are doing such a huge WDW trip in a few days, so it was a huge surprise! I'm wearing the necklace and earrings constantly ever since. :cloud9:

Disney Doll
10-07-2008, 02:02 PM
It really is the little things that count. DH isn't the romantic type so I don't expect any major romantic surprises, but I do appreciate the little things he does to show he cares. DH was out of town on business for our anniversary this year. I was a little disappointed, but really we're not big into celebrations so it wasn't a big deal. The night before DH wrote little notes on scraps of paper and stashed them around the house in inconspicuous places he knew I would find throughout the week- under the trash can liner, inside the laptop, written on the milk carton, under our table runner, etc. I was finding them all week. He couldn't remember how many he hid and we were still finding them up to a month later. It was pretty sweet.

Aggie97
10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
What wonderful stories!!!

We did not get to eat any cake at our wedding reception. (Or afterward, as my in-laws decided to eat the cake top that was being saved for us, which is a much longer and not-as-nice story! ;))

For our 5th anniversary, my husband called the bakery we had used in Austin, TX, and got as much information about our wedding cake as they could determine five years later. He took this information and photos of the cake to a few wedding cake bakers in Northern Virginia (where we were living at the time) and found someone who would replicate a mini version of our cake.

My husband is sweet on a day-to-day basis, but he's not very good with surprises or picking out gifts. The little cake was a wonderful and very unexpected surprise! :cloud9:

Dulcee
10-07-2008, 05:01 PM
The sweetest thing my BF ever did he may not even realize I know :secret:. With me a senior in college right now the past three years of our relationship we've been 3 1/2 hours away so we really only get to see each other every other weekend when were really lucky. I get lots of letters, presents and texts to ease the being apart but this was by far my favorite...

One weekend while out visiting I stayed until monday morning. My BF had to be up at 4am to leave for work and was real careful not to wake me. I was half awake anyway when he left and heard him say to his dog, who shares the bed with us... Take care of her, I can't be here to kiss her goodbye.

He probably doesn't even remember saying it but it is something that has stuck with me ever since.

PirateLover
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
My fiance has done a number of cute/sweet things throughout the years. One time another girl and I were talking about the "Star Registry" and how romantic it would be to have a star named after you. He and another guy poo-pooed it, saying that it was all a scam, and one star probably has 100 names to it, how can you prove it etc. Well for the next holiday (I think it was Valentine's day) he drew a picture of the Sagittarius constellation (my sign) and had an arrow pointing to a star named "Maryanne." It definitely brought a smile to my face.

Another thing he did was he had trouble expressing his emotions and I (like most women) was getting frustrated by this. I said that even if he just found a poem to give to me that represented how he felt it would be nice. But he did write me a great letter and incorporated some really romantic stuff that Ronald Reagan (his idol) wrote to his wife Nancy. Putting all politics aside, if you are a romantic there is no way you can read his letters and not tear up. Here are the quotes he chose (I think they are from the same letter)
"We are so much “one” that you are as vital to me as my own heart—with one exception; you could never be replaced with a transplant."

"I live in a permanent Christmas because God gave me you."

good stuff.

Tinkermom
10-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I LOVE this thread!!!

How wonderful to hear spouses and partners talking about how great their SO is!!!!

My husband surprised me with a vow renewal this past June. We went to church like any normal Sunday, only this was the first Sunday after Vacation Bible School (which I was in charge of doing this year).

So our pastor calls me up and gives me a basket of flowers to thank me for doing VBS. Now here is a little backstory...on the last day of VBS we surprised the pastor by attacking him with silly string and totally covering him with it. Maybe not very Christian but certainly very fun...

Okay, so it's Sunday and we're in front of the whole congregation and he says that he always get's paybacks for practical jokes...I am looking for someone to jump out and shoot me with silly string or something when I look to the back of the sanctuary and my mom walks in. Then my dad and stepmother walk in. Then my aunt and uncle. Cousins. Friends. You name it. Like 50 people walk in to the sanctuary and my husband stands up with a bridal bouquet for me (with my favorite hydrandeas).

Well, needless to say, I totally lost it and started crying my eyes out. My DH said that he wanted to renew our vows for our 10th Anniversary and he knew I would want our family to be there.

It was SOOOOO cool. All the ladies in church were crying and later all the men in church were telling my DH that now they have to do something nice for their wives since he showed them up!:D

Good Memories!

3AMommy

Ok, I have to know what church you go to as I live in Olathe also! I work in children's ministry at Church of the Resurrection. What an amazing story and what an amazing husband!!

Stitchahula
10-08-2008, 11:11 AM
My DH can be so thoughtful sometimes. At the place where I used to work when we were engaged and first married everytime flowers came they were usually for me. Well this one time I was really upset all morning and yep here comes a vase of purple roses (my favorite). Everyone was asking if we had a big fight so I said no and they wanted to know why I was so upset and got flowers so I told them. It was because my puppy was being spayed that morning and I was nervous. Fast forward 10 years we had to unfortunately put that same puppy to sleep in june so that christmas he gave a photo collage he made up with all her pictures in it. I could cry just thinking about how sweet it was.

Jen C.
10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
What wonderful stories!!!

We did not get to eat any cake at our wedding reception. (Or afterward, as my in-laws decided to eat the cake top that was being saved for us, which is a much longer and not-as-nice story! ;))

For our 5th anniversary, my husband called the bakery we had used in Austin, TX, and got as much information about our wedding cake as they could determine five years later. He took this information and photos of the cake to a few wedding cake bakers in Northern Virginia (where we were living at the time) and found someone who would replicate a mini version of our cake.

My husband is sweet on a day-to-day basis, but he's not very good with surprises or picking out gifts. The little cake was a wonderful and very unexpected surprise! :cloud9:

My DH did this too! He actually went to the lady that made our wedding cake and had a miniature replica made with all the flavors for our anniversary! Great minds think alike! :)

Tinkerfreak
10-08-2008, 01:49 PM
After having my first baby I was feeling really frumpy and unattractive. DH went out and bought me a beautiful red dress and somehow it fit perfectly. I was out on maternity leave but went to a Christmas lunch with my co-workers and everyone kept complimenting me on how great I looked and how beautiful the dress was. He made me feel so good about myself and I knew that I married the best guy ever because he just made me feel so great.

crazypoohbear
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, My DH and I have been together for 29 years so does this count
Last night he replaced the brakes in my van so I don't get killed driving in NH and VT leaf peeping.
oh and I scheduled his very first colonoscopy! :blush: :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, My DH and I have been together for 29 years so does this count
Last night he replaced the brakes in my van so I don't get killed driving in NH and VT leaf peeping.
oh and I scheduled his very first colonoscopy! :blush: :D

Gosh, you guys are sooooo romantic!
I had an old boyfriend that when I mentioned I was having cravings for chocolate chip cookies, he made me 4 dozen before I saw him the next night.