PDA

View Full Version : Most Awkward Experience?

mulderxcoltrane
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM
As we were setting up our ADRs for our upcoming trip - I was reminded of something odd/funny/awkward that happened on our last trip and thought maybe others would share similar stories.

**I would say this story might have a PG-rating**

I was in the men's restroom at Liberty Tree Tavern during lunch (it's a onesie).

While I'm in the stall, I hear someone enter and begin pacing and huffing. Needless today - it's very uncomfortable to finish business with someone pacing.
After a few minutes, the gentleman yells through the stall door, "Could you hurry it up in there? I'm barely holding it in out here."

Yikes.

What do I say?

"I'm sorry." I replied.

Instead of going elsewhere - he waited for me - how awkward is that?

Anyone else got any good ones?

PirateLover
10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow, talk about awkward! I do have to say that Liberty Tree has the WORST bathrooms!!!!! Women's room only has 3 I believe, and it's such a tight squeeze.

BigRedDad
10-07-2008, 03:27 AM
I would have told him there was a restroom right out the entrance to the left. Its not even 200 feet away. There are plenty of stalls there.

It would have been extremely uncomfortable for me. For me I have to be conscious of where restrooms are now. I had my gall bladder removed 2 months ago. Sometimes, I eat or drink something and it goes right through me.

TheRustyScupper
10-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Another bathroom story:

1) I was in the restroom next to Morocco.
2) It was semi-crowded with men and a couple of young boys.
3) All of a sudden, a woman's voice yells out, "Are you OK in there?".
4) Without a pause, the 7-9 yr old boy replies, "Mom, PLEASE, I'm with the guys.".
5) Obviously, us older men got a chuckle from Mom interfering.
6) And, the kid's face was a red as can be.

MNNHFLTX
10-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Moderator Note--

While I can appreciate the awkwardness of such moments, this topic has the potential to roam outside the realm of INTERCOT's family-friendly format. Please think carefully before posting and refrain from any graphic or extensive descriptions of bodily functions, etc.

WDWFanatic
10-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Another bathroom story:

1) I was in the restroom next to Morocco.
2) It was semi-crowded with men and a couple of young boys.
3) All of a sudden, a woman's voice yells out, "Are you OK in there?".
4) Without a pause, the 7-9 yr old boy replies, "Mom, PLEASE, I'm with the guys.".
5) Obviously, us older men got a chuckle from Mom interfering.
6) And, the kid's face was a red as can be.

ROLF!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As a Mom who has done that same thing I feel for the little boy. When my kids where little they knew they had 60 seconds, then I was calling in. Poor kids :D

mulderxcoltrane
10-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Moderator Note--

While I can appreciate the awkwardness of such moments, this topic has the potential to roam outside the realm of INTERCOT's family-friendly format. Please think carefully before posting and refrain from any graphic or extensive descriptions of bodily functions, etc.

Noted.

Imagineer1981
10-07-2008, 10:16 AM
ROLF!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As a Mom who has done that same thing I feel for the little boy. When my kids where little they knew they had 60 seconds, then I was calling in. Poor kids :D

Thats the funniest story i've heard in a long time

prprincess
10-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I have one!!

During our April trip, I rode the ToT alone. I got in line and once I got to the boiler room, the line split. Behind me was no longer the cute British family that was there before, but a guy that looked like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite.

I noticed that as the line was moving, he was slowly inching his way in front of me. Normally I would have said something about line jumping, but I was in no rush, and he looked so strange.

He got to the front of the line and the CM asks him how many were in his party. He says "Two", and points to himself and me. I looked at him like, are you out of your mind?! So when I get to the CM I stop, and he looks at me like, do you need help? I say, "Party of one". The CM looks baffled, but tells me to get in the same row as the weird guy.

So I did, but I skipped a seat, and I heard the guy say out loud to himself, "I guess she doesn't want to sit next to me". I thought to myself--there is no way after the party of two incident.

During the entire ride he was talking to himself about what's going on, and once it was over, I ran off to tell DH the story. He was annoyed, and said that he was going to wait for the guy and have a little chat with him. It took a while for the guy to walk out of the ToT store, but once DH he laughed and said, "It's Napoleon Dynamite's brother, Kip! Poor guy!"

Of course, at the time I wasn't amused at the weirdness, but I can honestly look back now and laugh.

IamBelle
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Why are most of the stories in the bathroom, I have one too (I promise, its not graphic at all!) I was in the one near Boma, and I was leaving to go meet the rest of my party. The restrooms had a door to go out of then a little hallway with another door leading to out of the bathroom to the lobby area. I exited the first door and noticed someone was in the little hall with me. I looked up and noticed a guy trying to head in the bathroom. We both stared at each other, not moving. Then, all of a sudden, he turns and heads out quickly into the men's room. Awkward, but hilarious!

Iluvpooh
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
A few years ago I kind of "forgot" that the walk way you step on when boarding the Haunted Mansion moves and I tripped and fell and managed to take a CM down with me.:blush:

jillluvsdisney
10-07-2008, 08:02 PM
A few years ago I kind of "forgot" that the walk way you step on when boarding the Haunted Mansion moves and I tripped and fell and managed to take a CM down with me.:blush:

That happened to my mother in 1973. She STILL refuses to ride HM to this day.:confused:

Bringonthemouse!
10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Now that's hilarious!!:rotfl:

goofygirl64
10-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Mine also includes the HM. My husband and I took my mother and grandmother with us for a long weekend at WDW. We took them both to MK and rented a wheelchair for "Grandma". When we went to the HM, there was no one there to point us in the right direction with the wheelchair, so we just went thru the regular line. When we got to the turnstyles, my husband folded up the chair and tried to squeeze it thru. Of course, it got stuck and we had tons of unhappy people behind us. We were holding up everyone and couldn't get the chair to budge. Someone went to get a CM, but some big, burly man came up, gave the chair 3 quick jerks, and got it out. I just wanted to be invisible, but I'm sure my red face would give me away. Now, everytime we go to the HM, I say "Look honey, there's your turnstyle" and just grin at him. He still gets nervous just thinking about it. :blush: How embarrassing!

LauraleeH
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I have one!!

During our April trip, I rode the ToT alone. I got in line and once I got to the boiler room, the line split. Behind me was no longer the cute British family that was there before, but a guy that looked like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite.

I noticed that as the line was moving, he was slowly inching his way in front of me. Normally I would have said something about line jumping, but I was in no rush, and he looked so strange.

He got to the front of the line and the CM asks him how many were in his party. He says "Two", and points to himself and me. I looked at him like, are you out of your mind?! So when I get to the CM I stop, and he looks at me like, do you need help? I say, "Party of one". The CM looks baffled, but tells me to get in the same row as the weird guy.

So I did, but I skipped a seat, and I heard the guy say out loud to himself, "I guess she doesn't want to sit next to me". I thought to myself--there is no way after the party of two incident.

During the entire ride he was talking to himself about what's going on, and once it was over, I ran off to tell DH the story. He was annoyed, and said that he was going to wait for the guy and have a little chat with him. It took a while for the guy to walk out of the ToT store, but once DH he laughed and said, "It's Napoleon Dynamite's brother, Kip! Poor guy!"

Of course, at the time I wasn't amused at the weirdness, but I can honestly look back now and laugh.
Hahaha that actually made me laugh.

I had a CM follow me around while he was selling balloons. It was so creepy at first...but then he started talking to me and was nice and he let me hold the balloons and took a picture with me. Everyone still laughs about it because of my face and reaction. I just kept trying to walk faster and faster to get away from him and he ended up practically jogging to get by my side. I looked behind me and my family was way back there, just laughing. That's when I stopped and he started a conversation. My friend always jokes about my "Disney boyfriend" whenever I talk about Disney World.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Not so much ackward as funny. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and we were standing in line when I feel someone leaning on my shoulder. I looked over and there was a little boy being carried and he just leaned back and rested his head on me. I had a funny look on my face and the father realized what was going on and moved the child away. I told him it was no problem for my little friend to lean on me. The little boy just looked at me as if to ask where I came from!

WDWFanatic
10-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Not so much ackward as funny. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and we were standing in line when I feel someone leaning on my shoulder. I looked over and there was a little boy being carried and he just leaned back and rested his head on me. I had a funny look on my face and the father realized what was going on and moved the child away. I told him it was no problem for my little friend to lean on me. The little boy just looked at me as if to ask where I came from!

How sweet. I always feel bad for the little kids that grab your hand than panic when they realize you're not "Mom".

Great thread so far.

Phantasia
10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Again, this isn't so much "awkward" as "embarrassing"!

It was during the 2005 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. There was a fantastic booth where you could get Caribbean cuisine.

I am a huge fan of trying out new foods from around the world, and I always strive for the most "authentic" experience. So when the young man who was selling me my jerk chicken on a bun asked what sauce I wanted, mild or jerk, I answered with no hesitation - JERK! He cautioned me that it was very hot, but I like spicy food and figured that if this is the way it's meant to be eaten, I'll enjoy the true experience.

BOY, OH BOY! Was that HOT! :thedolls: Determined to enjoy it, I continued to eat the meat-on-a-bun, though it was setting fire to my tongue, my lips, my throat. My face went bright red, and my sister had to find me the nearest water fountain. Amused Florida annual passholders chuckled as they watched me suffer through this delicious, if FIERY meal.

goofygirl64
10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
OK, I have another one for you. It is really more embarrassing than awkward. We always go for a treat at the Ghiradelli in Downtown Disney. This particular trip, my treat was a chocolate covered strawberry. My favorite! We were walking along and I was enjoying every bite. I turned to say something to my husband and he burst out laughing. It appears that I was walking around with a dark chocolate circle completely around my mouth. I immediately covered my mouth with my hand and begged for a napkin. Oh yeah, this was in broad daylight too. But you know, I have to say, that the strawberry was worth the humiliation.

kathymk616
10-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I've got one from a long, long time ago...

When I was a teenager, my parents let me rent (alone) one of those little motorboats at the Polynesian. Mine stalled out right in that narrow waterway that connects Seven Seas Lagoon with Bay Lake. Wouldn't you know, one of the very large transportation boats starts to come plowing through right at the moment. I was, in a desperate panic, trying to restart my motor, and the big boat was honking like crazy because it was headed right for me with no way of stopping in time or turning, even though I heard them shut down the motor. Everyone on the (crowded) boat was watching me, wondering what I would do. I stood up pathetically, heard a boy scream, "Mom, she's gonna jump!"...which, of course, I did. A few seconds later, the big boat bumped mine, but I was already underwater. I quickly surfaced and waved to everyone on the boat, and they all applauded...but it was still really embarrassing.

PS-I crawled back in my little boat and it started right away. Stupid embarrassing boat!

DisneyMelissa
10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
After reading kathymk616's boat story, it reminded me of my own..

My family went down to WDW, I want to say this trip was in 2004, and I brought my best friend with. We were staying at CBR and decided to rent one of those pedal boats.

We got into the boat and the lifeguard gave us the ok to start. We started pedaling, and got about halfway across the pond when our boat stopped. We kept trying to pedal, but they would not move. It turns out the rope for tying the boat somehow got wrapped around the bottom of the boat. We had to yell for someone to come cut the rope for us. The CM's "pretend yelled" at us for "ruining" the boat. We all laughed it off, but it was very embarrassing at the time! :blush:

princess8813
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Little kids at HM are funny! In the stretching room after the lights go out, DH & I usually hold hands, as we were this time. Suddenly a much smaller hand happens to grab my posterior! That little hand held on for dear life, DH giggled and didn't stop. Needless to say, when we moved on the poor little guy realized I wasn't anyone familiar to him, but I'm glad I helped him through!

oopsadaisy2003
10-12-2008, 09:17 PM
On our last trip, my mom shared a bed with my niece and knowing how small the beds are it is easy to see how this happened. My niece poked my mom in the eye while they were sleeping scratching her cornea. Due the pain and swelling she had to go to the ER and was given an eye patch to wear. Being a good sport (it was during the Pirates of the Caribbean hype), my mom proudly sported her eye patch and Mickey pirate ears!

Cinderelley
10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
On our last trip, my friend and I decided to have a couple of Mickey bars while headed to Splash Mountain. The chocolate on mine was melting very quickly, so I was eating it as fast as I could. I wound up with chocolate all over my mouth, and Amy started giggling about how I looked like a baby did while eating his baby food. Just then, the whole back side fell off - bouncing all the way down my WHITE shirt. Amy was laughing so hard that she couldn't walk.

MisterBL
10-13-2008, 11:23 AM
A few years back, my son and I were on the Tomorrowland speedway. We were about a quarter of the way through the track when the car dies. The CM comes over and restarts it and it dies again. This happens several more times and cars are just backing up behind us. Finally, the CM tells the driver behind me to push us the rest of the way around. When we were done, they ask if we would like to ride again with a new car. Needless to say, I declined.

PittFan
10-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Just when you think you've seen it all, something will happen that leaves you bewildered. Such was the case at DHS a few weeks back. As my DS and I were trying to get in one last ride before heading to the 50's Primetime for dinner, we got in line for Star Tours. The park is not crowded and there aren't really any lines for anything at this point. As we're swiftly moving through the queue area we soon come to an abrubt halt. Not really sure why we are stopped, we peek ahead to see what is going on. To our disbelief, here is a woman stopping the line while she lets her son, who is about 5 or 6, relieve himself in a Coke bottle she is holding!!!
After a few moments a CM comes down the ramp to see what the holdup is. You should have seen her face . She never said a word, she just let them finish and then got people moving again. I couldn't believe it !!! It wasn't like they had waited an hour in line and weren't about to loose their spot, the ride was pretty much a walk on. Everyone in line was still laughing as we exited the ride.

SFTrny
10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
OK...I've got ask for validation on this one. My wife and daughters told me this one. They came out of the ladies bathroom in Adventureland and swore that they heard Stitch's voice calling out "Lilo? Are you in here Lilo?

Has anyone else heard that?

Belle619
10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=WDWFanatic;1757595] How sweet. I always feel bad for the little kids that grab your hand than panic when they realize you're not "Mom". [QUOTE]

Yes, that would be my awkward moment, too. When my sister and I went to DLR a few years ago - we we had a character breakfast one morning. I was walking back to our table holding my plate when i could hear a child calling out "mommy". Being that I was 25, single and have no children - I ignored it. I could hear the child was getting frustrated, but still payed no attention....until I sat in the booth and the kid sat down next to me!

I remember just looking down at him and he was staring at my sister across the booth with a "who the heck are you and why are you sitting with my mommy" look. And then he looked at me...he realized I wasn't his mom and I realized that a strange little kid was sitting with me!

Thankfully, his mother called out to him and he ran over to her. To his defense, his mother and I did have almost identical hair styles and clothing on - easy mistake and a funny one!

Zawadi
10-20-2008, 03:41 PM
During our 2005 trip, DW and I had dinner with my sister and niece at 1900 Park Fayre. Before leaving GF my sister went to the restroom. She emerged looking very embarrassed and was hastily walking towards us. She had exited the ladies' restroom but instead of turning back towards the lobby she had walked across the hall and into the men's restroom. We often remind her of this moment of madness.

divinedi
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Haunted Mansion, part where you get on the Doom Buggies, down the first 'aisle' there is a chain at the end covering the entrance to where the CM's stand. It was darker than usual in the ride, I was first in line and excited to be first in line, walked to the end of the first part and almost flipped over the chain, not realizing it was there and not having been on in awhile didn't think I was at the turn yet. I don't know how many people saw me, but I did notice they now have a garbage can right behind the chain! I was embarrassed!!:blush:

zebradome17
10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
During our 2005 trip, DW and I had dinner with my sister and niece at 1900 Park Fayre. Before leaving GF my sister went to the restroom. She emerged looking very embarrassed and was hastily walking towards us. She had exited the ladies' restroom but instead of turning back towards the lobby she had walked across the hall and into the men's restroom. We often remind her of this moment of madness.

I feel so sorry for her. It must have been v. embarrassing. But with the amount of delicious food available there I can understand being a little overwhelmed after the meal. i too have eaten there and it was a VERY filling experience.:ack:

But here is my experience. I was once filling up my refillable mug at AKL with some fanta. As i was carrying the cup i heard it rattling. i opened it up to see what it was but all i could see was orange.When i finished my drink i opened the mug to reveal a black object in the bottom. The drinks machine nozzle had fallen into my mug! I had too hastily go down to the mara to put it back on!:blush:

JabberJaws
10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Well my story is a little awkward, a little embarssing, but mostly just frigtening!

Back in 2000 I went to WDW w/ my parents, sister and brother-in-law. My mom is a Mickey-Shaped Ice cream FIEND so while in front of Italy at the WS we stopped and each got one. As my mom walked away from the stand with a smile on her face that displayed the utter joy she was feeling while preparing to eat her tasty treat, a rather speedy and fiesty sea gull swooped down and snatched the ice cream right out of my mom's hands. I will never forget the look on her face. She had the look of a child who had just been told that Santa Claus wasn't real.

So, my dad, being the gentleman that he is, offered my mom his ice cream. She immediately accepted. Then, literally SECONDS after my dad handed her the ice cream, ANOTHER sea gull swooped down and swiped it right out of her hands. Sea Gulls - 2, Mom - 0.

To top it all of, while we were all staring in astonishment sea gull fleeing to safety with his stolen goods, ANOTHER sea gull swoops down and attempts to take my dads hat RIGHT off his head. We all, out of sheer terror, ran under the awnings at one of the stores in Italy and finished our remaining ice creams there.

Moral of the Story....don't underestimate the Disney Sea Gulls.

Zawadi
10-21-2008, 03:26 PM

On our last visit to the Beach Club, the birds were helping themselves to packets of mayo from the condiment station outside Hurricane Hannah's. Cheeky Birds - they certainly know what they like!

wire0monkey
10-21-2008, 05:47 PM
My 2.5 year old son took off his pants and ran down the "street" at Epcot, laughing and waving them over his head.

He had on a pull-up, but still...

MickeysEars
10-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Well my story is a little awkward, a little embarssing, but mostly just frigtening!

Back in 2000 I went to WDW w/ my parents, sister and brother-in-law. My mom is a Mickey-Shaped Ice cream FIEND so while in front of Italy at the WS we stopped and each got one. As my mom walked away from the stand with a smile on her face that displayed the utter joy she was feeling while preparing to eat her tasty treat, a rather speedy and fiesty sea gull swooped down and snatched the ice cream right out of my mom's hands. I will never forget the look on her face. She had the look of a child who had just been told that Santa Claus wasn't real.

So, my dad, being the gentleman that he is, offered my mom his ice cream. She immediately accepted. Then, literally SECONDS after my dad handed her the ice cream, ANOTHER sea gull swooped down and swiped it right out of her hands. Sea Gulls - 2, Mom - 0.

To top it all of, while we were all staring in astonishment sea gull fleeing to safety with his stolen goods, ANOTHER sea gull swoops down and attempts to take my dads hat RIGHT off his head. We all, out of sheer terror, ran under the awnings at one of the stores in Italy and finished our remaining ice creams there.

Oh my goodness. I am laughing so hard i am crying and am having a hard time typing. That has got to be the funniest story I have heard in a long time. And by the way, you have a flair for story telling...bravo
:funny::funny::funny::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::silly:: laughing:

rmsongs
10-22-2008, 02:38 PM
My wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW. One night, we went to the Hoop-De-Do Review. We had a table in the balcony on the left side of the stage. Early on, one of the CMs went around asking if it was anyone's birthday, anniversary, etc. Not being someone who likes to call attention to himself, I would NEVER admit to that, but my wife told him we were on our honeymoon. Later in the show, they instructed each side of the audience to yell, trying to outshout the other side. All of a sudden, it became deathly quiet, until there was a VERY loud Tarzan yell. As that happened, a spotlight came on, pointed right at me, and the entire cast stood on stage pointing at me. I was mortified. Needless to say, my wife thought it was hilarious. I guess I did, too, but I was mighty embarassed.

MissTink
10-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Last trip, DD5, my mom and I went over to HS while the rest of our group went elsewhere. We were actually looking for the Monsters Inc meet and greet when we ran into the Power Rangers. DD insisted on getting an autograph from the red one. After waiting in a fairly long line, I take the picture of her handing him the autograph book, he signs it and then refuses to take any more pictures until I get in with them. I protested for a second but then saw all the parents and kids waiting behind us so I handed my camera to the photopass guy and stood next to them. Next thing I know, he literally picks me, leaving my kid standing there and starts walking away... until the photopass guy yelled at him to come back cause of the line he had. Needless to say my face matched his costume in that picture. :blush: my mom never laughed so hard in her life.

disney100%
10-27-2008, 09:37 PM
My wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW. One night, we went to the Hoop-De-Do Review. We had a table in the balcony on the left side of the stage. Early on, one of the CMs went around asking if it was anyone's birthday, anniversary, etc. Not being someone who likes to call attention to himself, I would NEVER admit to that, but my wife told him we were on our honeymoon. Later in the show, they instructed each side of the audience to yell, trying to outshout the other side. All of a sudden, it became deathly quiet, until there was a VERY loud Tarzan yell. As that happened, a spotlight came on, pointed right at me, and the entire cast stood on stage pointing at me. I was mortified. Needless to say, my wife thought it was hilarious. I guess I did, too, but I was mighty embarassed.

Do you know my family has been to HDD at least 10 times? That happened to my brother TWICE! The best part was he was in the 8th grade I think and maybe the tenth grade when it happened and he was mortified. My parents and I loved it! My brother was SO embarrassed and mad. A few trips ago he was actually picked to be in the show - there must be something about him! :mickey:

As for bird stories, here is mine - from Friday! My DH, DS3.5, DD2, DD10months, mom, dad and I were eating at Pecos Bill's. We were sitting outside and those white birds with the long beaks (ibis?) were everywhere. My son and daughter were all excited. My 2 year old daughter must have said tweet tweet to them 1,000 times. Well, all of a sudden one of the birds jumps on the table and takes my son's burger. My son (who is 3.5) begins saying you stop doing that birdie and giving them the look I think I must give when someone is in trouble. The rest of the day whenever we saw any birds, all I heard was you stop eating my burger birds!

Now this one is from a long time ago - 1986. I was only in the eighth grade. My parents, my brother and I were staying at the Contemporary. My dad and brother decided to rent one of those small boats. Well, as soon as they got a little distance from the marina, it began to sink. They turned themselves around and got back to the marina safely. As they got out of the boats (dripping with water), there were two older ladies waiting to board one of the boats. One of the ladies looks up at the cast member and says - do you get that wet?