PDA

View Full Version : blinking eyes at MNSSHP

TFrauts
10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I was hoping that someone who works at Disney might know where I might be able to find/purchase a couple of sets of those blinking eyes?? We went to MNSSHP twice, and both times, they were sold out, when we went to purchase them(by the first parade!!)!! We were soooo disappointed! THe MK people sent us to DOwntown disney Marketplace, the market place said they would have them at the glow cart infront of la nouba, then the glow cart guy said to try the marketplace!! haha... We went all over with no luck!! ANy suggestions would be great!! THanks for your help!!

Strmchsr
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I would suggest calling WDW Merchandising. I saw plenty of them at the MNSSHP last Thursday so they should be able to help you out.

TFrauts
10-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your help!! I just called, and they said that it is something that is only on the glow carts, and they are not able to get them!

DDuck66
10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I am sorry that you were not able to get them...but aren't they great. We bought two for the front windows for Halloween. Only problem that I have I they do make an annoying noise. See if anyone is going soon and would be willing to buy them for you and ship them to Canada. I have done that in the past for a couple of fellow intercotees.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Try calling back and talking to someone else. Maybe they will be able to help you.

TFrauts
10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I tried calling back 2 times!! They keep giving me the same story!! I would hate to bother anyone to get them for me!! But.....if anyone was going, and wanted to pick up a few extra pairs :fingers: ..... It would make my day/week/halloween...actually...probably my year!! We spent TWO whole nights(actually wasted)...we could have been enjoying disney...but the CM's kept sending us back and forth from the front of the park to the back, then back to the front, then over to downtown disney...ughhhh....I wanted them soooo bad!!! My poor husband....hes a trooper!! lol

sneezyone
10-16-2008, 02:20 PM
:cry::cry:I wanted the skull with the jaw that opens and closes it also has a HM cd with it...they told me the samething

waaaah:(:cry::cry:

dmosher
10-16-2008, 03:35 PM
We were there for one of the first parties this year and I don't recall seeing any blinking eye things.. hmmm but the skulls were awesome, definitely getting one if they are available next year!
:pipes:
D

disneymad1998
10-16-2008, 03:54 PM
I know how you feel - we were there in September and our DD7 wanted a pink fluffy princess notebook/journal which she saw in the hotel gift shop and as I was in a rush I said we will get it later and when we went back they had sold out so we ended up having to try DTD and they had sold out aswell as it was our last day we couldent get to try anywhere else other than the shop at MCO airport and they were out of stock too so I flew back to the UK feeling like the worst Mum in the world!

I did consider phoning merchandising but had a feeling the shipping to the UK would be costly if I could track it down....

Hope you manage to find them.........:mickey:

biodtl
10-16-2008, 06:19 PM
We were told the same thing in the parks. My son wanted a pair and we forgot to get them. We asked in a couple of stores, but they said only on the carts. Luckily, we got them from a cart in Epcot a few days later.

TFrauts
10-17-2008, 12:41 AM
awww...how frustrating!!! We tried soooo hard to get them our last night!! I went to guest relations and everything!! If only the fist person I spoke with had told me that we weren't going to be able to get them....instead of sending us all over!! At least we wouldn't have wasted our time trying!! Oh well...maybe next year!!

thrillme
10-17-2008, 03:18 PM
You "might" try googling "blinking eyes novelties" or Glow cart novelties. I found several sources that sell similar items.

I haven't REALLY gone in depth for my search but...you might have some luck. (I can guarantee you'll probably end up as cheap or cheaper than buying them off the cart)

crazeedizneefinatic
10-17-2008, 04:30 PM
After purchasing 1 set of eyes when we were down there 2 weeks ago I kicked myself for not buying more. I looked up the company embossed on the side of the eyes. I did a search and found a website that sells them for $17.45 plus $4.95 shipping. They also sell the skulls with the "moving" mouth. I don't think I can post the website but would be more than happy to give it to you in a PM if you want.

fanofdisney
10-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow, these items sound fun. Do they sell them during MNSSHP only? How much are they?